The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Don't like that the very first models they showed are already just resin and not plastic

Yeah doesn't bode particularly well that TK and Bretts are the very first armies that are getting attention, and they're going to be a mix of old models, new resin, and I guess a smattering of new plastics. If this is the premium treatment, imagine what the less supported factions are going to look like.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, madmac said:

imagine what the less supported factions are going to look like.

Pretty easy to imagine imho: no new minis and an index-style ruleset

EDIT: to clarify, I don't find this particularly upsetting. The game is miniature agnostic anyway (as per the official support for movement trays) so I am mostly curious about the rules.

Edited by Marcvs
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Two models? Really?

A joke it is.

TOW players when their game is treated like the secondary game it is 🤯

At least, it did give some clear intel on what to expect from TOW. Not everything needs to be minis. I liked that preview. Short, but straight to the point.

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Someone check on Twisted Firaun… he might be hyperventilating right now! 

@MitGas YOU ARE NOT WRONG!!!! Let’s go everyone! The first new Tomb King model in nearly half a decade and he kicks paladin booty!!! Dear god I missed most of the preview, did they drop any hints on when the box set will drop?!?!?!

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

22 minutes ago, madmac said:

Yeah doesn't bode particularly well that TK and Bretts are the very first armies that are getting attention, and they're going to be a mix of old models, new resin, and I guess a smattering of new plastics. If this is the premium treatment, imagine what the less supported factions are going to look like.

Tbf the vast majority of other armies have almost everything covered between whfb models still sold as AoS and discontinued plastic kits, and TK, Brets and to a much lesser extent O&G are the only three armies that need significant updates (and even then "significant" means 2-3 units and 1-2 characters).

Even then, the only other kits that really need an update of *all* the other armies imho are empire knights, high elf spearmen and archers. 

So yeah, the opportunity to buy things like like white lions, glade guard & riders, and dwarf artillery & warriors, thunderers/quarellers again, not to mention the new (& old plastic) TK stuff has me (and a lot of other prospective players) plenty excited.

Edited by KingKull
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

TOW players when their game is treated like the secondary game it is 🤯

At least, it did give some clear intel on what to expect from TOW. 

That's true. TOW is what HH is for 40k. Good news for AoS. But still I expected more from this show. Starter or at least more units shown.

• Like 1

Those are nice models but we still really don't know how much support this game is going to get. A worrying development is that the Bretonnian's helmet matches one of the renders we saw earlier, so those renders aren't necessarily plastic. 

3 minutes ago, KingKull said:

So yeah, the opportunity to buy things like like white lions, glade guard & riders, and dwarf artillery & warriors, thunderers/quarellers again, not to mention the new (& old plastic) TK stuff has me (and a lot of other prospective players), has me plenty excited.

I missed the vid. Did they say they're releasing old plastics? 🤞

9 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Two models? Really?

A joke it is.

No, it's not.. What imo will be a big problem for Warhammer "The Old World" is 3d printing. I am subscribed to a couple of patreons, which allows me to make the Warhammer armies that I wish I had when Warhammer was still alive. The problem of this is ofcourse that this means that it's harder for GW to compete against.

For AoS this problem is not so big i.e for the more AoS unique factions I haven't seen good stl's. While for Empire, High Elves I have seen stuff better that GW has ever done.

• Like 1

Excited for the Old World. A little bummed Lizardmen won't be in the "focus" for the setting, unless I'm missing something in the lore. 

Guess I'll have to do Tomb Kings for Old World! 

I know they didnt show off a lot of models but we got a lot of information and it's pretty cool. Returning models, new models in both resin and plastic. We know that Orks are coming as well. Looks like it will be Brettonnia vs. Tomb Kings for the starter.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

562346.png

@Clan's Cynic, thank you for the lovely picture, now I’m gonna start gushing about my favorite parts of this masterpiece. For starters, his khopesh and wand/sceptre game is on point! Both convey a sense of age and lost dignity that most AOS models are severely lacking. Second, the skull on his belt and skirt has a beard that matches his actual beard: a useful thing to have when negotiating with dwarfs/duardin. Finally, HE IS A NEW MODEL FOR LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!!!!
But that is not to say that I am unhappy with the other things previewed!
The harbingers for both Chaos and Death look amazing, especially the harbinger of decay, and the new fyreslayer actually looks like a slayer! The gloomspite guy is just a loud git (but I love him anyway). 

7 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

My only question is: Are Chaos Dwarf considered an army with a book for GW?

Technically yes and now, the last proper book they had was in 4th edition, but they were also included in tamurkhan…..

Edited by Twisted Firaun
  • Like 2

From the community site article:

New models for the game will be released in Citadel plastic and Forge World resin, and they’ll join a whole range of resurrected and revitalised miniatures from prior editions of Warhammer Fantasy Battles – in plastic, resin, and metal – to make satisfyingly varied armies.

Confirmation that it will be forgeworld resin which is way better than citadel finecast and also that old models will also be released in metal not just resin

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1

Yesterday may have been the big day but today felt more up my alley even if I am going in on Leviathan.

Cities of Sigmar: Free Guild Cavalry, take the best of Brettonian’s and Empire and have a nice grim dark aesthetic and amazing sculpts. I think that as I suspected these help make the infantry feel more cohesive from a design perspective and I cannot wait to see how the rest of the army shakes out. Personally I hope we get some Aelves and Duardin in this shared grim gothic aesthetic.

Dawnbringers: Looks like a really wonderful narrative and I am excited for the expansionist Dawnbringers to fail on at least one side! Sad that each new army gets one new infantry hero which is become almost a running joke. The Regiment of renown drives home the issue.
Order - Grimhold Exile: So disappointed to see another melee focused infantry hero. It is actually absurd how many more heroes they have than even regular infantry. But I am not going to lie as I genuinely love the model!
Chaos - Harbringer of Decay: The best remaining resin model is updated to somehow even greater plastic! Great looking box giving a wonderful mix of models. Might become my Chaos Lord on Demonic Mount for S2D.
Destruction - Rabble Rowza: Another fantastic grot and so characterful! That giant skull will be an amazing piece for any conversion.
Death -  Marrowscroll Herald Flesh Eater Courts between this and the Warcry war band I am getting very worried about my ability to hold off from the knightly order.
Mawgrunta - Well worth the wait! I might replace the orruks with ogors and find a way to fit it into my Mawtribes.

Old World: Tomb Kings vs Bretts confirmed??? Trying not to get overly excited over this announcement but looks like my Ghostly/Green Knight themed army on its toes. Learning more about the narrative is also really exciting and I am getting hyped for this game against my better judgment. I feel like this game will fall outside of my budget beyond splitting the starter and some extra Knights. But since I will be doubling them up as Nighthaunt it might help me justify the cost. The Tomb Kings are the more exciting of the two but my friend is 100% taking them from me lol. But most importantly classic Warhammer Art Style!!! Quick mock up of the (K)Nighthaunt theme I will make:

image.jpeg.283f3177fdd36e9e71a3c0359daa7279.jpeg

Horus Heresy: NOT A SPACE MARINE! As someone with a small collection of Knights… this is the announcement that broke the bank. Although. I actually prefer the more stout and sturdy knights in 40k… Probably will never get my hands on this but it is nice to look at and pretend. But I will probably never build my knights as magnets scare me.
Back to resin Space Marines… zzz
Models that aren’t Space Marines, lets hope the mystery army is more daemons that are not resin.
New book, seems to have some interesting narrative implications for the setting and makes me excited to see the types of campaign books we might see for Old World.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2