The Rumour Thread

Awesome preview. Really coudn't expect more with 40 k getting new edition in 1,5 moth.

I think the harbringers are a hint of army refreshes like we got in 2nd ed. Nighthaunt, stormcast gobbos and chaos all got big releases. If we get the same here Fireslayers might actually get a big army refresh next year. 

We already know that's true for FEC which i;m super exited for ! :D i hope when we see a trailer for them it will start like normal human castle with a king narrating talking about his people starving and being poor. Saying how a huge pressure has been lifted (Nagash is gone) and finally he can get up fro his throne and renew his kingdom, we see a transition kind of like theoden in Lotr. Then it cuts and shows that they are all ghouls :D 

With the warcry release showing new ranks in ghouls i think it;s going to be huge realease.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, KingKull said:

I need more Frazetta-inspired models in my life and the new Nurgle herald is out. Of. This. World.

Now holding fingers crossed for a nurgle cavalry on actual horses!

The best GW stuff has always been at its best when unashamed and open about its artist's Influences. All the most important  GW artists have a portfolio in wider fantasy as well as in GW universe.

• Like 2

I loved all the AoS Previews. I will say, I'm glad Fyreslayers are getting something new but it's kind of adding insult to injury giving them another foot hero. 

I will say the Maw-Krusha gives me a little hope that Seraphon will see a singular monster update like that. I know its greedy but I need more big dinos. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Nos said:

The best GW stuff has always been at its best when unashamed and open about its artist's Influences. All the most important  GW artists have a portfolio in wider fantasy as well as in GW universe.

Tbh I think you can point to large parts of the Death ranges and identify how buzzed GW designers were about Dark Souls. Not even in a superficial way but as though the games got the creative juices flowing. Same for Mad Max: Fury Road and a lot of ork/necromunda stuff, and, I think, Wayne Barlowe's work inspiring the Ossiarch range.

• Like 2

Just now, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that Dawnbringers series - does it sounds like an end of edition campaign to you ? I'm perplexed on that regard.

maybe this time we will have TWO end of edition campaigns :D

on the models: all look from fine to good, but I am underwhelmed by seeing only a single actual unit. This also because the price for single heroes (and foot ones in particular) is absolutely crazy these days -personal price-feelings ofc.

• Like 2

Just now, sandlemad said:

Tbh I think you can point to large parts of the Death ranges and identify how buzzed GW designers were about Dark Souls. Not even in a superficial way but as though the games got the creative juices flowing. Same for Mad Max: Fury Road and a lot of ork/necromunda stuff, and, I think, Wayne Barlowe's work inspiring the Ossiarch range.

Yeah, some things wear their inspirations on their sleeve... but inspiration and art are beautiful sisters after all, at least as long as it's not a direct rip-off.

4 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that Dawnbringers series - does it sounds like an end of edition campaign to you ? I'm perplexed on that regard.

It's not a world/galaxy changing narrative like broken realms or Arks of Omen, it's the story of 2 of many dawnbringer crusades. 

I think we'll get the end of edition narrative as normal in 2024.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Nurgle won. I'm pretty sure this guy was actually on some peoples bingo cards for getting an update?

562346.png

I gotta give credit where credit is due even if it‘s Nurgle… one of the best AoS minis of all time to me. This piece perfectly captured Frazetta‘s image and mood. I‘m jealous!

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I think this is a slightly delayed mid edition campaign caused by a delayed cities release. We've had loads of comments about how the narrative has been lacking this edition. Not any more.

One other thing that I'm very excited about is the return of free fiction. I loved the dark omens stories so to see more of that is great.  Honestly just really optimistic about AoS again. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

It's not a world/galaxy changing narrative like broken realms or Arks of Omen, it's the story of 2 of many dawnbringer crusades. 

I think we'll get the end of edition narrative as normal in 2024.

Could be that the crusade that succeeds founds a new city, which could be pretty massive in terms of the direction of that narrative. Or it could be that the one that fails does so because of a new realm changing event that it uncovers.

• Like 1

I just want to say I think it was a great reveal stream. I couldn't watch the live because it was lunchtime but I'm pleased with what was revealed. I found my new army (Cities of Sigmar !), all the minis looked great (damn that Harbinger... jaw dropping), and I'm saying "cheers mate !" to @KingBrodd who must be so happy with his new Ironjawz mega piggy ! WAAAAAAAAGH ! 

Just a little thing : I know some of you are upset at yet another FS foot hero, but I'm actually positive about it. Firstly, he's really distinct from all the other Fyreslayers characters, and also, it's the 2nd FS to release this edition. This shows to me GW is willing to invest money on the army. Maybe he's heralding a new wave of FS miniatures in the short or mid term future ? Who knows, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

Ok, guys. I have a problem. I collect ALL the destruction content and I'm overwhelmed right now. I don't know how I'm gonna buy all the things we are gonna get

List updated, as always:

Spoiler

Necromunda
Outlander Beastmaster Millisaurs

Age of Sigmar
Seraphon Battletome - Slann, Saurus, Skink riders, Astrolith, Salamander and much more
Cities Battletome + Infrantry + Cavalry
Mistery book Winter
Generals Handbook 2023 S1
Dawnbringer: Harbringers
Dawnbringer: Orruks?
Dawnbringer: 3
Dawnbringer: 4
Harbringer of Order - Fireslayers box + Harbringer
Harbringer of Chaos - Nurgle box + Harbringer
Harbringer of Destruction - Gloomspite box + Harbringer
Harbringer of Death - Flesh Eaters box + Harbringer
THE HYPE BOAR