The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Barely...they are units that almost never see actual play and Killteam is just upgrade sprues to established units

Recent Hunters of Huanchi have just replaced chameleon skinks and seem to be fully functional and important part of the Seraphon  roster. The box gives you 3 (!) units - if that is a sign of things to come, Warcry may become much more integrated with AoS.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I do wonder why, as they said, their hands are tied with what they can show for LOTR. 

At first I thought maybe it's something to do with The Rings of Power, but that's already been released. 

I know there is a massive amount of unseen footage and unused scenes for the LOTR trilogy, so could there be a extended, extended cut coming which is why GW can't show anything as it would spoil what's coming? 

Probably just Leviathan production backing up the pipes. 

13 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Recent Hunters of Huanchi have just replaced chameleon skinks and seem to be fully functional and important part of the Seraphon  roster. The box gives you 3 (!) units - if that is a sign of things to come, Warcry may become much more integrated with AoS.

This is what they should doing from start, Underworlds warbands are also getting better rules and you can see them on lists sometimes

Edited by Aleser
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Probably just Leviathan production backing up the pipes. 

Doubt it. Leviathan is done and dusted waiting to be shipped out. 

Covid delays are over now. Schedules will have been reworked and new time frames made and I can't believe they have no LOTR models ready to be shown. 

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

I do wonder why, as they said, their hands are tied with what they can show for LOTR. 

At first I thought maybe it's something to do with The Rings of Power, but that's already been released. 

I know there is a massive amount of unseen footage and unused scenes for the LOTR trilogy, so could there be a extended, extended cut coming which is why GW can't show anything as it would spoil what's coming? 

It's probably to do with this. https://www.polygon.com/23311153/the-lord-of-the-rings-the-hobbit-film-game-rights-embracer-group

• Like 1

I love the Tyranids, the Screamer Killer is just a love letter straight to my nostalgic soul, and to some extent the Neurotyrant. 

I really really like the Offal Dogs. Because I actually really like Offal, and I really like dogs….But mostly because they remind me of Primal Ape Men. 

EB4BC7A8-887E-4C10-8695-68114808202F.png

E908060C-44CA-4AFE-88F1-1A303F6372A0.jpeg

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

I was just in a sbgl thread about Avengorii and I realized I can’t think of any new big monsters that have been released recently.

am I forgetting something obvious? I know it’s been pretty sparse on releases of new models in general the last couple of years but the last big kits I can remember are the Stormcast dragons, the kruleboyz vulcha, and the mega gargant update.

4 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

I was just in a sbgl thread about Avengorii and I realized I can’t think of any new big monsters that have been released recently.

am I forgetting something obvious? I know it’s been pretty sparse on releases of new models in general the last couple of years but the last big kits I can remember are the Stormcast dragons, the kruleboyz vulcha, and the mega gargant update.

Yeah it's been a while. I think that's why I was expecting a big centrepiece for Seraphon even though they recently had Kroak. I'm sure we will see something for Cities though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

All the "chaos has enough warbands time to move on!" Just reminds beasts of chaos how forgotten we are T_T

Beasts and Skaven deserve Warcry updates!!

Though all the other Alliances do need their time as well, the Big 4 and STD have had quite the amount so far.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Flippy said:

Aren't they just chameleons with the specific troop name?

Sf

11 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Mhm.

Not a fan of the FeC at all. To me Vampires are Bat related. The moment they become were-apes I lose all interest (not a fan of Apes at all. Imo they‘re just stupid). The Vargskyr is an awesome concept, stick to it.

The overall design is too noisy and all the bone clutter makes them look like a cave men tribe, not like FeC.

I just hope that’s due to Ghur and not the general direction of the range.

Fully agree with this… I’m not a big fan of the ghoul stuff anyway, and I think feral bat-vampires are aesthetically and thematically much more interesting, however even objectively these models don’t appeal to me at all. They are too busy and look like they’ve had a load of random design aspects thrown at them. I also feel they look much more weird cave man/ cartoon tribal, and less like creepy dead things. I hope this isn’t the underpinning design style for the new FEC range. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Yeah it's been a while. I think that's why I was expecting a big centrepiece for Seraphon even though they recently had Kroak. I'm sure we will see something for Cities though. 

Still sad no plastic dread saurian or thunder lizard or something :(

sf

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Sahrial said:

The big kits of this edition have been, beast incarnate, belakor, newish gargants, soul blight mother of monsters, dragons, kragnos and the Kruleboyz monsters. Don't think I've missed any. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ogregut said:

The big kits of this edition have been, beast incarnate, belakor, newish gargants, soul blight mother of monsters, dragons, kragnos and the Kruleboyz monsters. Don't think I've missed any. 

Several of those are technically second edition releases. Kragnos and Be'lakor were Broken Realms, and Lauka Vai was from the final 2E battletome.

1 hour ago, DinoJon said:

I swear I can't seem to find the schedule. Does anyone have it handy or tell me when the AoS starts EST?

Should be around 7 Eastern if I got my conversions right.

4 hours ago, StarFyreXXX said:

Aren't they just chameleons with the specific troop name?

Sf

Depends on what you mean by that. Chameleons don't exist any more, only Hunters of Huanchi. One could certainly argue that the unit changed names when it changed sculpts, if that's what you mean.