The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Souleater said:

Yeah, even as a long time follower of Khaine, there are other armies that deserve some love. *cough* Chaos Dwarfs *cough*

Normally I'd spam a "LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!!" comment, but as we've recently seen it looks like my tomb will be relatively spruced up soon. Now is the time for people such as @Public Universal Duardin, @Clan's Cynic, @Beliman, and @Snorri Nelriksson, who have patiently sat on the sides and grumbled relatively quietly as elgi, umgi, grobi and other wazzocks have gotten massive updates. Give us new dwarfs/duardin GW, even if they're corrupted. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

58 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Normally I'd spam a "LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!!" comment, but as we've recently seen it looks like my tomb will be relatively spruced up soon. Now is the time for people such as @Public Universal Duardin, @Clan's Cynic, @Beliman, and @Snorri Nelriksson, who have patiently sat on the sides and grumbled relatively quietly as elgi, umgi, grobi and other wazzocks have gotten massive updates. Give us new dwarfs/duardin GW, even if they're corrupted. 

Ever since the TW trailer my mind has been racing with how many new cool AoSified Chorf machines, Hashut daemon or half daemon/engines the design team could conjure up. Not to mention, how much cool stuff you could do with good 'ol duardin stuff.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 3

31 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

Ever since the TW trailer my mind has been racing with how many new cool AoSified Chorf machines, Hashut daemon or half daemon/engines the design team could conjure up. Not to mention, how much cool stuff you could do with good 'ol duardin stuff.

I just want to see the  K’daai and Bull centaurs on the tabletop. Though I won’t lie and say that the daemon trains don’t speak to the three year old inside me who still loves Thomas The Tank Engine.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

1 hour ago, Twisted Firaun said:

I just want to see the  K’daai and Bull centaurs on the tabletop. Though I won’t lie and say that the daemon trains don’t speak to the three year old inside me who still loves Thomas The Tank Engine.

Thomas the Super Heavy Battletank Engine?

• LOVE IT! 2

3 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

As a follower of both the Tomb Kings and both flavours of Dawi, I can only say... Why not both?

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

Sigmar responds to Chorfs arrival in the Mortal Realms and subsequent disruption to the Dawnbringer crusades:

image.png.cfb7e7d8e73564d64be70dac83513f3f.png

There is some train-related lore going on there.

One of the 2022 White Dwarfs doing a recap on what’s happening in Chamon mentioned that to counter the majority of the Spiral Crux’s(main Chamon map) Realmgates being shut down by Belakor the Dispossessed of that region are building vast railway systems to make up for the loss of fast teleportation trade-ways.

If they stick to train themes that’s another reason we could see them in a Realm of Metal edition for rival train battles.(and hopefully CoS Dispossessed train conductor models)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSib-ospqy_5q8XsfF5Q4J

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

For Underworlds, a new Fyreslayer warband would be cool as season 1 was the last time we saw them. 

Chaos dwarves, if just to see how they AoSify them.

A different Skaven clan would be awesome, Moulder would be my choice. A fleshshaper lookng for new subjects to experiment on. 

A Sigmarite priest and followers, exiles from a dawnbringer crusade for being to zealous now come to the Gnalwood looking to bring sigmars light. 

A wargor and his band of mutants looking to for the heart of Ghur to sacrifice at the great herdstone. 

A human tribe who worship Kragnos, searching for worthy foes to be seen worthy by their god. 

Bitter and twisted Dryads and spite revnents who heed drycha call look to rid the Gnalwood of all intruders. 

An ogor butcher looking for rare and tasty ingredients. 

A dwarf privateer and crew looking for exotic animals for the captains private zoo. 

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Destruction dwarves!

Dwarf ancestor spirits!

Thomas the pain engine!

Valkyries of Valaya!

Female Kharadron and Fyreslayers!

Models that show they can sculpt more than a neutral face full of hair!

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Chaos dwarves, if just to see how they AoSify them.

A wargor and his band of mutants looking to for the heart of Ghur to sacrifice at the great herdstone. 

A human tribe who worship Kragnos, searching for worthy foes to be seen worthy by their god. 

As far as new minis go, those would be dope as WHU warbands, but even better as Warcry bands. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Are there any Destruction humans in any of the games or lore? I can't think of any, which seems to be a missed opportunity.

56 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Are there any Destruction humans in any of the games or lore? I can't think of any, which seems to be a missed opportunity.

That's the great thing about AoS, always room to discover something new! 

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

As far as new minis go, those would be dope as WHU warbands, but even better as Warcry bands. 

Agree!! 

• LOVE IT! 1

10 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

There is some train-related lore going on there.

One of the 2022 White Dwarfs doing a recap on what’s happening in Chamon mentioned that to counter the majority of the Spiral Crux’s(main Chamon map) Realmgates being shut down by Belakor the Dispossessed of that region are building vast railway systems to make up for the loss of fast teleportation trade-ways.

If they stick to train themes that’s another reason we could see them in a Realm of Metal edition for rival train battles.(and hopefully CoS Dispossessed train conductor models)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSib-ospqy_5q8XsfF5Q4J

A season of Warcry fought on the backs of massive realms crossing trains could be fun.

• LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

I'm not sure if Grand Alliaces are needed anymore. What does it mean to be a Destruction human? Mercenaries? Humans that follow Gorkamorka? Not-chaotic barbarians?

I mean, there are Orruks working for some free cities, Ogors traveling/protecting caravans, Gargants trading with Crusades. Yes I know that's more about "mercenaries" than a Grand Alliance, but that's the nature of Destruction. We even have Hobgrots working as "mercenaries" for Kruleboyz!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I'm not sure if Grand Alliaces are needed anymore. What does it mean to be a Destruction human? Mercenaries? Humans that follow Gorkamorka? Not-chaotic barbarians?

I mean, there are Orruks working for some free cities, Ogors traveling/protecting caravans, Gargants trading with Crusades. Yes I know that's more about "mercenaries" than a Grand Alliance, but that's the nature of Destruction. We even have Hobgrots working as "mercenaries" for Kruleboyz!

Could be just a subtle process of moving away from racial stereotyping.

And I'm not even saying it jokingly. Not 100% anyway.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Hard agree. It's not clear to me why the alliances were supposed to be necessary in the first place. They limit creative potential and lead to pointless bickering about which factions truly fit which alliance. Why can't there be some Fyreslayers who have gone all the way from being mercenaries for Chaos to actively worshipping it, for example? Or Beastmen who have decided to follow Kragnos rather than Chaos? Without the alliances, this would look much more straightforward.

Perhaps there were some reasons to make use of the alliances to link up factions when AoS was broken down into lots and lots of tiny (sub-)factions, as it was at first, but now that they have started to be fleshed out more, the alliances just feel arbitrary.

Edited by Dawi not Duardin
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

Models that show they can sculpt more than a neutral face full of hair!

This is the one negative aspect of modern dwarves. The new sculpts are great but them wanting to reduce the size of their heads to get more ´human’ proportions means we lost the facial expressions older sculpts had. 

The newer kharadron characters are getting closer to the bigger head and more expressions vibe. Îm thinking of the beer supplier guy and the code guy. Though they could still have more expressions. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

They should put an Ogor mercenaries option in the Ogor battletome like they did with the Mega-Gargants.

Is there some lore reason why any army can have mega gargant mercs, but not regular gargants? (or is it just GW wanted as many people as possible to buy the cool new megas when they were released?)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mordeus said:

This is the one negative aspect of modern dwarves. The new sculpts are great but them wanting to reduce the size of their heads to get more ´human’ proportions means we lost the facial expressions older sculpts had. 

The newer kharadron characters are getting closer to the bigger head and more expressions vibe. Îm thinking of the beer supplier guy and the code guy. Though they could still have more expressions. 

Yeah, Bugmansson, Drekki and the Codewright have better heads than others.

It seems most current dwarves (Fyreslayers, Hammerers, Longbeards) were sculpted with the facial hair already on. GW can sculpt emotions, but it's a lot easier if you do that first, and then add facial hair.

• Like 2