The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

Really, the Seraphon should have weird celestial tech (in the way that the skaven have some wyrdstone stuff) instead of this primitive stuff. It really makes no sense. But I guess they want to keep it this way for old world reasons.

Actually if you look at the new models, you have things like that : the saurus' shields for instance, or the Astrolith bearers and even some of the weapons with esoteric lines. And there are 2 types of Seraphons : the stellars that, indeed, should have this celestial tech (and I think with the appropriate painting you perfectly can give that aspect) and the cristallized that have more or less return too a sort of beast level : I think the new models can perfectly represent both ;)

• Thanks 1

At long last! 

I'm mostly looking forward to the articles this week! Community members painting the box set, rules previews, lore previews, all sorts of stuff! 

As it stands, I'm working on a project for my local Warhammer store's Retribution Crusade. I now have 2 weeks to finish that because once Seraphon come out, that's 100% my focus. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, maitremage said:

Actually if you look at the new models, you have things like that : the saurus' shields for instance, or the Astrolith bearers and even some of the weapons with esoteric lines. And there are 2 types of Seraphons : the stellars that, indeed, should have this celestial tech (and I think with the appropriate painting you perfectly can give that aspect) and the cristallized that have more or less return too a sort of beast level : I think the new models can perfectly represent both ;)

I had long hoped for seraphon to become more like slanni in 40k lore & the Blanche artwork, more recently like Steve Party’s take of seraphon. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

That was unexpected!!!

Spoiler

Necromunda
Outlander Beastmaster Millisaurs

Age of Sigmar
Seraphon Battletome - Slann, Saurus, Skink riders, Astrolith, Salamander and much more
Seraphon Army Box
Cities Battletome + Humies
Mistery book Summer
Mistery book Autumn
Generals Handbook 2023 S1

Warcry
Nightmare's Quest - FeC vs SCE
Pyramid kit
Underworlds meets Warcry starter Soulblight vs SCE

Underworlds
Wyrd Tzeentch vs SCE

Horus Heresy
Despoilers upgrade kit
Daemon Assassin
The F* Vindicator
Campaign book
Legion Arquitor with Spicula
Legion Arquitor with Mortar
Glaive with Volkite carronade
Fellblade with Accelerator Cannon
Falchion with Volcano Cannon
Mastodon
Javelin
Damocles Command Rhino
Tank commanders
Librarian Consul

Warhammer 40k
World Eaters Combat Patrol
Primaris Lieutenant
Black Library Sargeant Astra Militarum
NEW EDITION
Terminators
Lieutenant
Gants
Con Ryan's Leapers

Kill Team 
Votann vs Beastmen

LotR

Adeptus Titanicus
New weapons

Blood Bowl
Skinks duo
Withergrasp

I was expecting Kill Team and/or Underworlds this Sunday.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Titanicus love too, hoping the compendium signifies a new edition coming and not that AT is complete and won't be getting more support, it is such a good game and deserves more love than it gets from GW!

But yeah, definitely getting some lizards, should be the end of my reckless spending on plastic for a while. A while being however long it takes for the Tomb Kings to come out with OW...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maitremage said:

Yeah, like the secondary Raptadons are using space-tech crystal maces(though with the shoulder stock at the bottom I think those are actually ancient laser rifles but they misinterpreted their purpose when they took them out of the ship-vaults)

image.jpeg.739c43dc0ba1d8afc5786c8113a7b02d.jpeg

And for Saurus between the leaders having robot-looking helms and all that unnaturally shaped & clean equipment they’ve pretty much struck the perfect balance if you want high-tech star daemons or Coalesced primal jungle warriors guarding their terraforming homes.

image.jpeg.e83b1f93eeb90c684ef73efe35c10469.jpeg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 7

Interesting observations regarding the Era of Beast timeline @Clan's Cynic. When the Necroquake broke, I was starting a campaign in Ghur. I ended up changing the story to fit that event. (Wasn’t a problem though). The Era of the Beast definitely feels more sandbox which has been good for my campaigns. I have noticed they have slowed the passage of time too - realmgate wars over about a 100 years, Necroquake about ten years (if I recall correctly) and so far Era of the Beast has crept forward less than a few years (?). I wonder if they are deliberately going to a model that advances the plot through new editions? Easier for everyone to stay up to date on the timeline the way?

P.S. Getting my narrative plot kicks from Warcry, we are getting close to arriving at Talaxis now…

P.P.S love the lizards!

Edited by Greyshadow
  • Like 4

Pretty surprised to see the Seraphon army box this week. I was sure it was going to be Underworlds. I hope they made a lot. It's going to be AoS's most popular release for a long time.  

Everyone thought 5 battletomes in Spring was a lot, but they've actually managed to squeeze 6 books into 2 months. It's a lot to take in but it's cool that almost every AoS book will get a full year of play in this edition.

All of these books have been a solid improvement from second edition. My dream scenario would be a warclans redo next year with new units for each subfraction followed by a series of 6 campaign books, one every two months. These books could expand the setting and further develop the story. They would follow the arks of Omen model by not including new match play content but instead highlight different ways to play the game They would be accompanied by mostly resculpts of old minis. New yhetees, Shaggoth etc. Then we could have 4th edition on the 10th anniversary. 

This is a dream that probably won't come to pass but I don't think I'll be ready to start the treadmill of books again next year. 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

Not surprising the army box was announced today thinking about it, means they can sell loads of them at warhammerfest. 

I wonder if they'll do like they used to do at games day and have things for sale before they are released. Could have other lizards kits. Doubt it as it will just fuel the awful scalpers on ebay and fb. 

Speaking of which, if people want old fantasy kits, they should keep an eye out, I suspect with the news GW will be rereleasing models, there will be a rush as people try to sell what they have, flooding the market and driving prices down. 

A lot of bretonnian and tomb king stuff has been advertised lately as people realise they won't be able to charge £100 for a box of knights soon. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Yeah, like the secondary Raptadons are using space-tech crystal maces(though with the shoulder stock at the bottom I think those are actually ancient laser rifles but they misinterpreted their purpose when they took them out of the ship-vaults)

image.jpeg.739c43dc0ba1d8afc5786c8113a7b02d.jpeg

And for Saurus between the leaders having robot-looking helms and all that unnaturally shaped & clean equipment they’ve pretty much struck the perfect balance if you want high-tech star daemons or Coalesced primal jungle warriors guarding their terraforming homes.

image.jpeg.e83b1f93eeb90c684ef73efe35c10469.jpeg

I for one, will be going the celestial daemon-lizard route for the most part. There's just something about the glowing eyes thing they have going that speaks to my soul. 

• LOVE IT! 2

I would have thought a launch box would not double on a unit, that seems more like vanguard territory. A launch box is a perfect time to give a smorgasboard of options.

That's also why I think Vanguards are on average  worse than Start Collecting for, well, collectors, which includes me.

Looking at you specifically, Fyreslayers.

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

I would have thought a launch box would not double on a unit, that seems more like vanguard territory. A launch box is a perfect time to give a smorgasboard of options.

That's also why I think Vanguards are on average  worse than Start Collecting for, well, collectors, which includes me.

Looking at you specifically, Fyreslayers.

Fyreslayers was a real ****** move. They changed one of the best start collectings to the worst vanguard, AND they locked the battlesmith behind it. The price of a Magmadroth also increased a lot beyond the price of the old start collecting.

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

I for one, will be going the celestial daemon-lizard route for the most part. There's just something about the glowing eyes thing they have going that speaks to my soul. 

Same. Honestly, the eldritch space tech AoS lizardmen are among GW's coolest releases ever. It's conspiracy theory-level ancient aliens riding chariots of the gods old ones and dinos in the very same package. 200% crazy awesome. And the recent wave of models is absolutely stunning, through and through... It's so good it's tempting me not to main dwarfs anymore, and I've mained dwarfs since the first time I read through a list of which Warhammer armies were available when I was 11 years old.

Really hope the next dwarf update, whatever it will be, will deliver so I will feel less unfaithful!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snarff said:

Fyreslayers was a real ****** move. They changed one of the best start collectings to the worst vanguard, AND they locked the battlesmith behind it. The price of a Magmadroth also increased a lot beyond the price of the old start collecting.

Yeah, they took out the single model that wasn't "angry dwarf stripper", and left a set that probably sells even worse than the old SC.

I also think Admech, Ogor and Sylvaneth are worse boxes for more money.

18 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Yeah, they took out the single model that wasn't "angry dwarf stripper", and left a set that probably sells even worse than the old SC.

I also think Admech, Ogor and Sylvaneth are worse boxes for more money.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the core Fyreslayers look, but more variety (focus on more Magmadroths especially) is needed. I really don't think the old SC sold poorly, it was amazing value for your money. I just think it totally took away sales from the Magmadroth and Vulkites separately.

• Like 5