The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Tinfoil hat on : I believe that the original plan when GW announced TOW in 2019 was to have it release in 2023 for the 40 years of Warhammer. Unfortunately, Nurgle's plague hit pretty much soon after that and it took our world, and GW, time to recuperate. Sadly, as for many other projects, by the time things could "go back to normal" much time had been lost (a year, maybe a year and a half) and TOW could not be released on the intended date. 

We'll never know the full story as we're not GW insiders. But this makes some sort of sense as to why TOW is nowhere on the horizon after 4 years.

Mate it would make a lot of sense. The 40 Year Anniversary and announcing, at the time, 4 years out wouldve lined up perfectly.

Im sure lots was disrupted by Covid that we will never know about. GW plans things well ahead of time so 9th Edition 40K and now 10th Edition alongside 3rd Edition AOS needed to become priority over TOW.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mojojojo101 said:

I kinda think the idea of using him as an assasin is a trap and the actual; way to use a model like that is to protect something else. For example, charge him and a Keeper into the same target, your opponent has ASF but must hit this guy first, allowing the Keeper to hit unencumbered. If this guy survives as well... then thats just a bonus.

Exactly - he's the Lord of Hubris, not the Lord of Competence!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Grave Guard could do with an update, they're sadly outpaced by the new skellies, and a nightmare-mounted cavalry vamp would be brilliant feels like a real gap... but the Corpse Cart is a great mini, really doesn't need anything changed.

Wouldn't mind seeing something more done with the Radukar's court minis. A generic Gravekeeper hero would be cool, he seems a more popular option than the others. There's maybe less need to the Vyrkos Bloodborn to be the vampire infantry unit everyone wanted now we have the Askurgan Trueblades but would still be cool to see them become standardised.

I'd prefer new Black Knights instead of a new Corpse Cart. Especially after the mounted Wight King dropped. A double kit across 2 different armies makes little sense in the current form of AoS. Ofc that would mean Hexwraiths would have to be redone, but Nighthaunt always get some love one way or the other every edition, so it's not outside the realm of possibility. 

I'd still love to see a real Vyrkos Bloodborn kit, even if the Askurgan Trueblades exist. Both are esthetically different enough so they don't step on each other's toes. Never thought about nightmare cavalry (I mean, Blood Knights exist, but on winged nightmares ? That would be dope) and a gravekeeper hero, but that's neat ideas. I like the "body horror" look of some SBGL models. 

• Like 2

Wasn't one of the older rumor threads a studded leather glove holding an ornate hilt? We had speculated it was either a vampire or slaneesh. Is this guy it? Also his boots look very familiar. Another rumor thread? Apologies if someone already covered this. 

image.png.04470546d68192278228cea805babdee.png

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Wasn't one of the older rumor threads a studded leather glove holding an ornate hilt? We had speculated it was either a vampire or slaneesh. Is this guy it? Also his boots look very familiar. Another rumor thread? Apologies if someone already covered this. 

image.png.04470546d68192278228cea805babdee.png

Think there might have been one like that, also I could swear that the feet on that statue head were a rumour engine too...

11 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Think there might have been one like that, also I could swear that the feet on that statue head were a rumour engine too...

Feet definitely were. The gloved hand with ornate blade i remember too but I'm sure that was solved a while back though I can't remember the exact mini - crimson court? A slaanesh release? 

Edit: was this the gloved hand one?

Screenshot_20230304_200713_Reddit.jpg

pbhCYcjuqM8QRPGn__1_.jpg

Edited by MotherGoose

I wouldn't be suprised to see TOW released this year at all. 

Production and releases have been picking up pace steadily, we're getting our 4th battletome in 10 weeks since the beginning of the year, not to mention a huge amount of new kits, boxes and books. 

It also seems they've sorted their picking and distribution issues that have affected retailers the past few weeks with some shops already receiving the new KO stuff and the mercenary boxes. 

I think we're going to see a rapid fire of new release very fast and yes while 40k 10ed is coming it will only take up a month of the year and as we know afterwards is normally quiet bar a couple of codexes. 

I think the last 6 months of 2023 are going to be very exciting. 

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I'd prefer new Black Knights instead of a new Corpse Cart. Especially after the mounted Wight King dropped. A double kit across 2 different armies makes little sense in the current form of AoS. Ofc that would mean Hexwraiths would have to be redone, but Nighthaunt always get some love one way or the other every edition, so it's not outside the realm of possibility. 

I'd still love to see a real Vyrkos Bloodborn kit, even if the Askurgan Trueblades exist. Both are esthetically different enough so they don't step on each other's toes. Never thought about nightmare cavalry (I mean, Blood Knights exist, but on winged nightmares ? That would be dope) and a gravekeeper hero, but that's neat ideas. I like the "body horror" look of some SBGL models. 

Black Knights are from 8 th and still look good with Hexwraiths. Much better than their 6th counterparts. Corpse Cart however is from 7 th..

1 hour ago, Lich King said:

Black Knights are from 8 th and still look good with Hexwraiths. Much better than their 6th counterparts. Corpse Cart however is from 7 th..

Given that I've impulsively ordered the new beastlord even though I don't have my first army sorted yet, does anyone know when the existing gors and other beastmen are from?

I remember they got a massive refresh shortly before I left the hobby as a young teen, but I can't remember what were the things that got updated and what they got.

Another related question, what are the odds of having beasts redone in the relatively near future?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KingKull said:

Given that I've impulsively ordered the new beastlord even though I don't have my first army sorted yet, does anyone know when the existing gors and other beastmen are from?

I remember they got a massive refresh shortly before I left the hobby as a young teen, but I can't remember what were the things that got updated and what they got.

Another related question, what are the odds of having beasts redone in the relatively near future?

Low since they just got a tome 

2 hours ago, DinoJon said:

Tomorrow we should see an announcement for Arks of Omen Vashtorr and the box set right? Do we think we'll get any AoS going up for pre-order next weekend? 

Yeah, the hope is we get Vashtorr and their box set, and maybe we'll get lucky and get the World Eaters combat patrol that quite a few people have been waiting on.

SBGL need plenty... are they going to get it? Likely not this edition. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RileyArlic said:

Yeah, the hope is we get Vashtorr and their box set, and maybe we'll get lucky and get the World Eaters combat patrol that quite a few people have been waiting on.

SBGL need plenty... are they going to get it? Likely not this edition. 

World Eaters CP should be coming this month since the free mini is a Jakhal

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Just a thought, is that head for the new cold ones or Kroxigors?

0EDC6F2A-45E1-475B-9542-336F88C84BB3.jpeg

apparently GW said something about that head and maybe we'll see what it belongs too in the future (when this model was first shown) so im guessing new cold one head.

SF

• Like 3

Sorry I didn’t post anything yesterday, Nurgle decided to infect my tomb-city with a rattling plague (I have a cold &sore throat). 
First off that new Slaanesh lord just screams “are you not entertained?!” in the best way possible. I hope he gets some kind of synergy with the symbaresh Twinsoulssince they’re all about their egos. 
The Khorne lady is a miss for me, as she’s seemingly a sorcerer in a faction that hates sorcerers. However, I’ll leave the actual complaints to the Khorne players in this thread.

with these battletomes revealed I wonder what they’ll show at Adepticon this year. My dream is for TOW to get previewed, most likely some Kislev models cause they were the first faction shown, alongside new chorfs. We know CA is gonna drop that new dlc soon, so it’s only practical for GW to capitalize on it.

Oh well, here’s hoping the next two weeks are awesome!!!

29 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Just a thought, is that head for the new cold ones or Kroxigors?

0EDC6F2A-45E1-475B-9542-336F88C84BB3.jpeg

Really hoping it's the head for the new Cold Ones. I wouldn't mind if they were Kroxigor heads...it would just make me more sad for some reason. 

• Like 2

Spoiler

Necromunda
Cawdor riders
Outlander Beastmaster Millisaurs & Ripperjacks  (Forgeworld)
Sanctioners
Ashwood

Age of Sigmar
Special Darkoath
Blades of Khorne, Vanguard, new Priest
Slaanesh, Vanguard, new Hero
Spring Death Battletome
Spring Death Battletome
Seraphon Battletome - Slann, Saurus, Skink riders, Astrolith, Salamander and much more

Warcry
Nightmare's Quest

Underworlds
Tzeentch

Horus Heresy
Alpha Legion heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Raven Guard heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)

Traitor Esoterist
Exodus (Forgeworld)
Typhon Heavy Siege Tank
Cerberus Heavy Tank Destroyer
Despoilers upgrade kit
Contemptor Dreadnought
Heads 1 & 2
Daemon Assassin
Sicaran Venator
The F* Vindicator

Warhammer 40k
Special Commissar
World Eaters Combat Patrol
Azrael, Dark Angel
Wrath of the Soul Forge King
Brutalis Dreadnought
Desolation Squad
Primaris Lieutenant
Black Library Sargeant Astra Militarum
Arks of Omen: Vashtorr + Vashtorr
Arks of Omen: Tau + Snikrot, Tau Hero a never remember his name
Boarding Boxes Grey Knights, Necrons, Genestealers, Daemons, Death Guard, Mechanicus, Aeldari, Drukhari, Orks, Tau

Kill Team 

LotR
Osgiliath terrain boxes

Blood Bowl
Puggy and Cindy
Skinks duo

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/03/05/sunday-preview-vashtorr-besieges-the-rock/

EDIT: Thanks @EonChao for the advise

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1