The Rumour Thread

50 minutes ago, RileyArlic said:

So... I almost don't even want to post these because they're so far off the track... but someone is refuting the Valrak stuff and posting their own version on Dakkadakka, which, as we know, is obviously the BEST place to get rumors. /sarcasm.

Spoilered beneath, some of this is identical to stuff that @Whitefang already refuted, but here it is for your discussing pleasure:

Reveal hidden contents

These Valrak rumours are all fake. Probably way more of the real stuff will leak out soon, so I will leave this here:

- 10th is a complete reset, some extreme changes, but still D6 based
- there is an index book called warhosts
- Overall themes:
terrain destruction
more options during army construction, streamlined game itself
faster rolling, no re-rolls
freer unit activation
- Charges, action economy, all-out attack, ward + damage taken more or less from AoS, no double turn
- units activate one at a time and can do stuff in any order they want. still ‘all your units in your turn then all your opponent’s units in his turn’
- fighting is less fiddly. you only fight in your own turn
- stats are dice values and now go from 1+ to 6+
- initiative is back
- there is no wound roll
- profile layout is aos-like
- stratagems have to be bound to units and written on the army handout
- terrain can be destroyed
- morale is completely different, some units don’t attrition but get debuffed
- GT is a completely revamped game mode with a ton of differences. for example a loadout sideboard and
- no more power levels
- armor is not only a numerical value, but has attributes against which weapon it is good

Cannot give more details at the moment. But the launch box is called Vigil of Blood and will be previewed way sooner than rules teasers. Maybe teasered as early as next month.

It is a bit more complicated than the broad strokes I used. If your initiative is high enough you can interrupt the enmy turn in certain situations. In addition to other purposes.

But that's it for now. Wait for the confirmation.

No terminators in the launch box.

But I'll stop now.

This doesn't read or sound like someone who is worried about revealing too much for the safety of their or their friends' jobs, but rather someone who doesn't want to make claims that end up turning out false and getting called out for them.

Alas, this tends to happen ahead of a new edition, where you'll have the truth mixed in with safe assumptions and different sources, but whether the rumormonger was actually going off of true information or a good guess is up in the air. 

It seems that some sources have queued in on the 'Vigil of Blood' box set title, but remember that competing sets of rumors have said this now, despite contradicting themselves, so it's likely that some rumormongers will use the reveal of the Vigil of Blood (if that happens) as a way to legitimize their particular sets.

It's all a bit silly, because what we're talking about is not actual leaks but rather people either trying to fool people, or that have weird misplaced egos...

I have a theory regarding all these semingly random and contradictory rumors and leaks that people are posting. GW intentionally gives certain distributors different names and box contents ahead of the schedule to find out which sources leaks come from. See which names come into circulation at the usual hotspots for leaks, look up which stores were given those names early and blacklist them, easy peasy. 

Or it might just be some fans having a laugh, knowing that the Warhammer influencer sphere loves to whip their fanbases into a frenzy as early as possible.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

I have a theory regarding all these semingly random and contradictory rumors and leaks that people are posting. GW intentionally gives certain distributors different names and box contents ahead of the schedule to find out which sources leaks come from. See which names come into circulation at the usual hotspots for leaks, look up which stores were given those names early and blacklist them, easy peasy. 

Or it might just be some fans having a laugh, knowing that the Warhammer influencer sphere loves to whip their fanbases into a frenzy as early as possible.

ye olde Canary Trap. It could be, but unlikely. 

I think it also poses another interesting question about the leaks that I think is important.

Namely some of the discrepancies might be related in unforeseen ways. Like possibly Games Workshop is testing a few different rules sets for a possible tenth revamp while also looking at metrics for keeping rules as a carry forward and thus a number of leakers are honestly presenting on their info.

Similarly the debate about Dark Angels, Blood Angels and so forth could boil down to one being used as the aesthetic basis of the Dominion/Indomitus style box maybe with a unique character such as Yndastra and then the other faction featuring as the aesthetic basis of the mainline starter boxes... but using the exact same models minus the named character.  

In either case you get conflicting information and the resultant leaks all seem plausible even if they pan out differently than expected. 

Also all the rumour mongers will be embarrassed when the Final Book is revealed to be Arks of Omen Archaon and he kills the Emperor creating AOS 40K... pew pew edition. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Bro I've been for more Evil Space Egyptian wizards for forever! GW just does not like Tzeentch.....

Yep GW giving them then standard one hero treatment. Meanwhile  Votann and WE are probably going to get more stuff

Edited by Malakithe
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, RileyArlic said:

So... I almost don't even want to post these because they're so far off the track... but someone is refuting the Valrak stuff and posting their own version on Dakkadakka, which, as we know, is obviously the BEST place to get rumors. /sarcasm.

Spoilered beneath, some of this is identical to stuff that @Whitefang already refuted, but here it is for your discussing pleasure:

Reveal hidden contents

These Valrak rumours are all fake. Probably way more of the real stuff will leak out soon, so I will leave this here:

- 10th is a complete reset, some extreme changes, but still D6 based
- there is an index book called warhosts
- Overall themes:
terrain destruction
more options during army construction, streamlined game itself
faster rolling, no re-rolls
freer unit activation
- Charges, action economy, all-out attack, ward + damage taken more or less from AoS, no double turn
- units activate one at a time and can do stuff in any order they want. still ‘all your units in your turn then all your opponent’s units in his turn’
- fighting is less fiddly. you only fight in your own turn
- stats are dice values and now go from 1+ to 6+
- initiative is back
- there is no wound roll
- profile layout is aos-like
- stratagems have to be bound to units and written on the army handout
- terrain can be destroyed
- morale is completely different, some units don’t attrition but get debuffed
- GT is a completely revamped game mode with a ton of differences. for example a loadout sideboard and
- no more power levels
- armor is not only a numerical value, but has attributes against which weapon it is good

Cannot give more details at the moment. But the launch box is called Vigil of Blood and will be previewed way sooner than rules teasers. Maybe teasered as early as next month.

It is a bit more complicated than the broad strokes I used. If your initiative is high enough you can interrupt the enmy turn in certain situations. In addition to other purposes.

But that's it for now. Wait for the confirmation.

No terminators in the launch box.

But I'll stop now.

This doesn't read or sound like someone who is worried about revealing too much for the safety of their or their friends' jobs, but rather someone who doesn't want to make claims that end up turning out false and getting called out for them.

Alas, this tends to happen ahead of a new edition, where you'll have the truth mixed in with safe assumptions and different sources, but whether the rumormonger was actually going off of true information or a good guess is up in the air. 

It seems that some sources have queued in on the 'Vigil of Blood' box set title, but remember that competing sets of rumors have said this now, despite contradicting themselves, so it's likely that some rumormongers will use the reveal of the Vigil of Blood (if that happens) as a way to legitimize their particular sets.

It's all a bit silly, because what we're talking about is not actual leaks but rather people either trying to fool people, or that have weird misplaced egos...

I like some of this changes but it feels like a big break from GW. It's nice because even if they are fake, they are fun to read and discuss.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 4

I just hope the seraphon/lizardmen do get a new massive Dino (or 2 😛 ). Ideally something from lore that isn't in plastic.  A new character kit, mazdamundi on a unique stegadon, would be awesome but didn't see any such rumors anywhere so it assuming won't get that.  

Let's see what from the scoopers list is true i guess.

Sf

Edited by StarFyreXXX
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, StarFyreXXX said:

A new character kit, mazdamundi on a unique stegadon, would be awesome but didn't see any such rumors anywhere so it assuming won't get that.  

I wouldn't expect a Mazdamundi until The Old World gets going. Unfortunately for my favorite slann, Mazdamundi was one of the few "on camera" deaths in the End Times. 

I still want a big new monster but spotty hints from the rumor mongers. 

4 hours ago, DinoJon said:

I wouldn't expect a Mazdamundi until The Old World gets going. Unfortunately for my favorite slann, Mazdamundi was one of the few "on camera" deaths in the End Times. 

Yeah, AoS is still in the process of figuring out who is alive and who isn't. They teased that an ancient vampire from the world that was could make a comeback, but who knows who else? 

I'd personally rather see them make new stories and paths and leave old characters for Old World. Hopefully it gives them a chance to make some Seraphon characters that dont have joke names :P

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

5 hours ago, DinoJon said:

Oh so that's unfortunate.  Didn't know that.  I don't play sigmar. I like the new slann and saurus.  But I would love if somehow they can be used in old world. I got the new kroak . I sold most of my 6k in liz back when rumors were liz civilization was gonna be wiped and no new models for a long time and some said maybe ever.so like 2013/14 I guess?

I use them for dnd lizardmen as well so dinos etc are cool hence I want more large dinos.

I wonder when we find out how old world will be.  And the new seraphon/liz reveals . I hope soon :)

The saurus cav are such bad models, even for when they came out with the lustria book, I hope new ones are cool .  They are like an insult to models ...

Regards 

Sf

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DinoJon said:

I feel like Kroak is probably the only Lizardman character who'll make the transition, which is probably a good thing to be honest. AoS needs to create it's own cool characters I think.

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

35 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Predictions for tonight's coming next week article. 

My guess is the khaine Underworld Warband and possibly the new KO book. 

KO will be next week, not this one. Khaine warband could be likely of there isn't any other 40k thing incoming. Maybe the regiment of renown boxes?

1 hour ago, JerekKruger said:

I feel like Kroak is probably the only Lizardman character who'll make the transition, which is probably a good thing to be honest. AoS needs to create it's own cool characters I think.

Agreed with a "yes, and..." since I think it is good to keep iconic characters and build new ones around them. Easier to have the new characters bounce off and interact with existing powerful characters to both establish who they are and their purpose. AoS is a different game but it is still very much connected to and built on top of the old world.

54 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Predictions for tonight's coming next week article. 

My guess is the khaine Underworld Warband and possibly the new KO book. 

Spring in the UK doesn't technically start until March, so at least the week after next would be my bet.

The Underworlds warband seems like a good shout, probably with the Typhon from 30k.