The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

Yeah I'd say they will be very different from any modern iteration of the creature concept we have seen in recent years

That’s quite a  statement. Kroxigors haven’t changed that drastically since the original models. In some way they have always been big beefy kroxigors, more scaly, different proportions, but still “Saurus Cousins”.

All I can imagine is a different breed of reptile altogether, Possibly like a Snapping Turtle? Similar to this Old Concept?

D87D76B0-3D9E-4ABE-9003-1E995C5B347F.jpeg

Edited by Kronos
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Captaniser said:

I will make a guess and say that the next starter box will be Darkoath vs Cities of Sigmar. Chaos is going to be the next bad guy faction for the starter box, and Darkoath is in a weird spot now, decent amount of lore and hero models but nothing else to show. A good time to finally update marauders and expand on them. 

Cities were announced before WE, and we know next to nothing about them, a teaser once in a blue moon is all. This slow pace would align with a major release, since the Seraphon took the release spot many thought would be for CoS. A more human perspective has been requested for long, and a major box would fly off the shelves. 

Idk, maybe, but I feel that if we were going to get updated marauders, they would have been in the StD update, unless you mean Darkoath would be split of as a unique army?

My bet, if it is Chaos, is either Skaven or Chorfs, with the former more likely. However I think there is always a possibility of an Order vs Order matchup, with Malarion making his move (and that would certainly sell), but yeah I think Chaos and particularly Skaven would be my bet... Probably against Stormcast, unfortunately. I have a horrible feeling we are going to be stuck with them for Starter Box sets just as 40K is stuck with SMs in every starter, but would be happy to be proven wrong!

If Stormies are in the next set again I'd like to see some original basic troops updated with the new look like Liberators and Judicators ( bring the ladies, Siggy!😄) with a sprinkling of new and shiny. 

Outside of elite units stormies do not need any more troops but would like to see the range brought into a unified aesthetic. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 1

I have no clue what we will get but I can easily imagine it being an order vs order set with Malerion/Umbraneth as the darker side of order. I also hope that we do not continue to follow 40K's lead and include the same faction in each edition. It would be cool to get Cities, Lumineth or Kharadron as the ostensible good faction in the set. 

If we are going Chaos, I think that Skaven would be both likely and a terrific choice. I am curious if they'd have a specific Skaven Clan or maybe do a mix of updated models. Personally I would want Eshin as they are my personal favourites. Although, I am silly and would likely go super 80/90s with the ninja costumes being bright primary colours based around the unit's battlefield role:

589893-footclan.png

I'd prefer not stormies but we'll see. Definitely curious to see what AoS dark aelves (not daughters) turn out as. 

Someone suggested a snapping turtle meets a kroxigor or something like that. THIS would be awesome! Make them morghast size, one step above the standard 3 deep, 50mm tough guys and in a box of two. 

Really am excited for you dino fans. Its been a long time coming. 

Now give me more kruleboyz!!!😄

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, elfhead said:

Something like this? 

image.jpeg.faefd37c47fea58255f0e67f6ec592c7.jpeg

Daaamn! I was hoping GW kroxes end up the same as TWWH ones, but now I know if the "previously unseen" iteration of the chonky boys doesn't appeal to me, I'll be getting these ones instead! 

Do kindly share the name of the creator, please!

• Like 1

Anyone got any guesses on what the new named Seraphon character will be? (Since almost all new range releases have at least one).

My guess is a named prophet of Sotek riding a Coatl, sold as a duel kit which can be a generic prophet. Maybe Coatl eggs are the new eggs they've discovered at a long lost temple to Sotek.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

I've seen those before. Who makes them? They're absolutely fantastic!

2 hours ago, KingKull said:

Daaamn! I was hoping GW kroxes end up the same as TWWH ones, but now I know if the "previously unseen" iteration of the chonky boys doesn't appeal to me, I'll be getting these ones instead! 

Do kindly share the name of the creator, please!

They where apparently made by a guy over on Lustria but if you go on his profile is seems like he is inactive since 2017 and doesn't sell them any more.

https://www.lustria-online.com/threads/first-post-custom-model-kroxigor.15419/

(He also only sold physical models and no stls)

Edited by Matrindur
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Ah more Drakanoid Kroxigors would be amazing too. Really excited to see this new take. 

Could this be what Whitefang is hinting at a new design?

Seraphon hatched Draconith egg clutches in secret right? Perhaps these Kroxigors are part of a new clutch?

I do like big beefy crocodile bois but I also love me some Warcraft Drakonid and a design similar to those would be really nice I reckon.

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Ah more Drakanoid Kroxigors would be amazing too. Really excited to see this new take. 

Could this be what Whitefang is hinting at a new design?

Seraphon hatched Draconith egg clutches in secret right? Perhaps these Kroxigors are part of a new clutch?

I do like big beefy crocodile bois but I also love me some Warcraft Drakonid and a design similar to those would be really nice I reckon.

Dino/Dragon Hybrid Kroxigors are gunna sell like Ghurian Hot Cakes.

Damn 2023 is already shaping up so much better than 2022.

13 hours ago, DinoJon said:

Ohhh whole new style of Kroxigor? I was hoping for more the Total War style and being crocodillian. 

However I'm excited to see the new take. Maybe they'll be more dinosaur inspired? 

Maybe they will be like old Ushabti and have a mix of dinosaur inspiration? One ankylosaur head/tail, one stegosaur head/tail, one triceratops head/tail?

• LOVE IT! 1

14 hours ago, Captaniser said:

I will make a guess and say that the next starter box will be Darkoath vs Cities of Sigmar. Chaos is going to be the next bad guy faction for the starter box, and Darkoath is in a weird spot now, decent amount of lore and hero models but nothing else to show. A good time to finally update marauders and expand on them. 

Cities were announced before WE, and we know next to nothing about them, a teaser once in a blue moon is all. This slow pace would align with a major release, since the Seraphon took the release spot many thought would be for CoS. A more human perspective has been requested for long, and a major box would fly off the shelves. 

I'm shocked that with the Darkoath underworld and Warcry warbands plus the Warcry cultist warbands that marauders are even a thing still!

After malign portents I fully expected a Darkoath battletome to capitalise on the overwhelming praise that Norcaa got in TWW. I could see the Darkoath as the spiritual successor to Norsca in some ways. War mammoths, skin wolves, trolls all AoSified of course.

14 hours ago, Captaniser said:

The starter box could be Order vs Order. We've been expecting malerion to show up eventually and would fit as a bad guy for the box.
Dark elves vs lumineth/stormcast/dawnbringers

4 hours ago, Matrindur said:

They where apparently made by a guy over on Lustria but if you go on his profile is seems like he is inactive since 2017 and doesn't sell them any more.

https://www.lustria-online.com/threads/first-post-custom-model-kroxigor.15419/

(He also only sold physical models and no stls)

I spent years trying to get a set of those kroxigor proxys off ebay. They occasionally pop up, but fetch a $200 price tag these days.. Too rich for my blood. 

15 hours ago, Captaniser said:

Wild guess. They will be modeled after snapping turtles. Fits the theme of aquatic and terrestrial creature that are known for their bites and sudden bursts of Speed.  

Snappers would be cool as a hammer/anvil hybrid! I'm hoping to see the Kroxigors leaning into more astral or magitech gear even if they stay crocodilian.