The Rumour Thread

I know this contains a heavy dose op hopium but i can see these being Gitz related. The Snarlfang unit and Underworlds Warband look so good i would be happy if thats all we are getting this time around, others need it much more imho. 

2022-08-30.jpgimage.png.fa93319c5a3b3cf551d7de82197ee5fb.png

This has some real Necromancer vibes but could be Gitz:

2022-10-04.jpg

I can see this hanging from a Chariot:

2022-08-23.jpg

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Some times you gotta have things fall to chaos the old fashioned way... by gluing on a ton of spikes!

yFtpbfHIfkHvLTeOfgwOeuyMI_7l7-kJRYpLaSKi
But the sad truth is that it is kind of the only chance I will be able to afford a second army and i love having an additional army to play with friends. I would much prefer whatever else is in the box but my cousin who I play against most has leagues of Votann and doesn't want to double down on power armour. It is also how I have my backlog of Stormcast but I actually like those models a lot more.

Here are my nerdy photoshop mock ups for both projects. Just imagine both painted much, much worse:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
If my finances dictate my army choices I just like the idea of doing my own take on the theme. If I get my current work contract renewed then I am going to go with a different plan though 🤑

Ooh, I really like your Stormcast colour scheme. I might have to steal it 😄

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EntMan said:

Do we know for sure that we're getting a Christmas Day reveal?

There's been no advent calendar, or any build up I'm aware of. And no specific mention or hype for it on WarCom unless I've missed something?

Nothing official has been mentioned, speculation is all based on previous years. 

I would be suprised if we don't see something on Xmas day however. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cyrus said:

They are most probably coming in february , together with Beast of chaos.

I doubt there is more than snarlfangs ( wolf riders)

AoS-Roadmap-2022-23.jpg

granted it is unusual that there is no Hero model release for Gitz as that usually the bare minimum for most releases.

getting Snarlfang by themself is rather weird if you think about it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

granted it is unusual that there is no Hero model release for Gitz as that usually the bare minimum for most releases.

Unless Rippa Narkbad gets a promotion because he found something in Beastgrave that gets him his own following somehow. But i dont think that is very likely. He just doesnt scream leader model imho.

1 hour ago, novakai said:

I think it is weird that they release new wolf riders ( which were discontinued few years ago together with all git mobs) instead of a resculpt of a scuttleboss or loonboss with great cave squig or a mad cap Shaman. 

Edited by cyrus
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, cyrus said:

I think it is weird that they release wolf riders ( which were discontinued few years ago together with all git mobs) instead of a resculpt of a scuttleboss or Skarnisk or a mad cap Shaman. 

Could be by popular demand after the Rippas Snarlfangs release. GW does like to expand upon things when they smell easy money.

Edit: i dont like Necromondays 

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Who says it's only ever Necromunda Monday? To me it looks like new chaos spawn Monday* 😉

image.png.4bca38057c74a569b48a10a12c3a0084.png

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/12/19/does-your-gang-need-a-mascot-the-outland-beastmaster-can-sort-you-out/

*who am I kidding, they are for Necro. But sweet models they are, and ripe for repurposing.

Wow, I never thought I’d see the day when you could comfortably field the same gribbly in any of the four chaos powers and it would look legit!

You’ve definitely got some:

Gross Screamer proxies

Tapewormy Beasts of Nurgle

Fleshy Hounds of Khorne

Slaanesh… Use your imagination.

If I was a Daemon player I’d be grabbing these in a heartbeat! 

• LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

I think it is weird that they release new wolf riders ( which were discontinued few years ago together with all git mobs) instead of a resculpt of a scuttleboss or loonboss with great cave squig or a mad cap Shaman. 

My opinion is that, believe it or not, a lot of fans just want regular old grots (goblins) and not goofy shroom addled loons or mutated arachnid worshippers. Similar to how a lot of fans just want reggy humans and not immortal super soldiers riding fantastical beast this or that or not covered in spikes with their guts hanging out. Sometimes just ol' tried and true is just as cool. 

Those snarlfang are going to see a lot of play across other factions as well I'd wager. 😉

Cant wait!!!!🤘🐺🤘

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 5

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

My opinion is that, believe it or not, a lot of fans just want regular old grots (goblins) and not goofy shroom addled loons or mutated arachnid worshippers. Similar to how a lot of fans just want reggy humans and not immortal super soldiers riding fantastical beast this or that or not covered on spikes with their guts hanging out. Sometimes just ol' tried and true are just as cool. 

Those snarlfang are going to see a lot of play across other factions as well I'd wager. 😉

Cant wait!!!!🤘🐺🤘

This could be you're describing lol.  Gloomspite doesn't appeal, but the Snarlfangs. I love them. I want units of them to go alongside my Ghurian desert themed Ironjawz.

If the rumours turn out to be true and it's a Sylvaneth sized mini expansion, I'll be all in. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

My opinion is that, believe it or not, a lot of fans just want regular old grots (goblins) and not goofy shroom addled loons or mutated arachnid worshippers. Similar to how a lot of fans just want reggy humans and not immortal super soldiers riding fantastical beast this or that or not covered on spikes with their guts hanging out. Sometimes just ol' tried and true are just as cool. 

Those snarlfang are going to see a lot of play across other factions as well I'd wager.

The squigalanche box being sold out everywhere disagrees with you, many people seem to be on team Shroom Grot instead of team Mongolian Grot

Edited by novakai
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

Who says it's only ever Necromunda Monday? To me it looks like new chaos spawn Monday* 😉

image.png.4bca38057c74a569b48a10a12c3a0084.png

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/12/19/does-your-gang-need-a-mascot-the-outland-beastmaster-can-sort-you-out/

*who am I kidding, they are for Necro. But sweet models they are, and ripe for repurposing.

I ASKED FOR NECRO BEASTS AND THEY DELIVERED!! Those are terrifying!!

• Like 1