The Rumour Thread

Really excited for the BL reveal now that you've mentioned Gotrek and Cado. Just finished the Gotrek AoS books and currently on Cado so really looking forward to find out what's next for Gotrek especially.

You get Necromunda, you get Necromunda, you get Necromunda, everybody gets Necromunda.

Imagine if we had a version of Mordheim that got the same treatment as Necromunda. Warcry, Underworlds even.

I really love the Necromunda models but....

Necromunda.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Really excited for the BL reveal now that you've mentioned Gotrek and Cado. Just finished the Gotrek AoS books and currently on Cado so really looking forward to find out what's next for Gotrek especially.

You get Necromunda, you get Necromunda, you get Necromunda, everybody gets Necromunda.

Imagine if we had a version of Mordheim that got the same treatment as Necromunda. Warcry, Underworlds even.

Necromunda.

Mate even GW mentions how much love Necromunda gets in the article!! They mustve gotten more minis this year than Underworlds, Warcry, Aeronautica and Titanicus combined.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Necromunda.

It really shows the passion the necromunda team have for the game. 

I don't know if anyone listen to the interview Chris peach gave about why warhammer was killed off, but in it he says the guys who do the boxed games are super passionate about what they do especially the necromunda team. 

If the team behind the old world is half as passionate, we'll have some awesome stuff coming. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Mate even GW mentions how much love Necromunda gets in the article!! They mustve gotten more minis this year than Underworlds, Warcry, Aeronautica and Titanicus combined.

Necro had more minis even than AoS. Personally I find it quite humiliating for the game which is supposed to be n°2 in the GW offer.

Basically I don't care a bit about Necromunda but seeing that they are favored so much over AoS this year tends to make me annoyed by this game.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Draznak said:

Necro had more minis even than AoS. Personally I find it quite humiliating for the game which is supposed to be n°2 in the GW offer.

Basically I don't care a bit about Necromunda but seeing that they are favored so much over AoS this year tends to make me annoyed by this game.

It is frustrating but Im hoping 2023 is a turning point for us.

• Like 2

Spoiler

Necromunda
Escher bikes + Cards + dices
Forgeworld content

Cursed City
Nemesis expansion

Underworlds
Gitz warband and rival deck

Warhammer 40k
Battleforces

And I'm gonna start the next year content

Spoiler

Necromunda
Cawdor riders
Corpse Harvesting Party (Forgeworld)

Age of Sigmar
Slaves to Darkness Full Release
Beast of Chaos - Battletome, Hero, Cards, Dices
Gloomspite Gitz - Battletome, Snarlfangs, Cards, Dices
Spring Order Battletome
Spring Chaos Battletome
Spring Chaos Battletome
Spring Death Battletome
Spring Death Battletome
Summer Order Battletome

Warcry
Bloodhunt
Nightmare's Quest

Underworlds
Second warband + rival's deck

Horus Heresy
Ultramarines Heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Thousand Sons + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Scorpius Missile Tank
Horus Ascendant

Warhammer 40k
Astra Militarum Full Release
World Eaters Full Release
Arks of Omen: Abaddon
Arks of Omen: Angron
Arks of Omen: Vashtorr + Vashtorr
Arks of Omen: Unknown

Blood Bowl
A lot of Star Players (Almanac 2021 + 2022 unreleased SP)

As always, I only put content with at least a tiny sneak peek.

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5

I don’t actually have any issues with the 1 hero plus book approach. Especially because they so often use it to bring us plastic versions of resin heroes. The fact that we’ve had several decent sized Army updates already in this edition (sylvaneth, nighthaunt, slaves, stormcast, kruleboyz, sons of behemat), I’m actually feeling good about what we’ve gotten since third edition. I mean, i wouldn’t mind having more, but I’m really not sad about this at all. Yes, there are armies that still could use updates, but I’m confident most if not all those updates will come in time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, willange said:

I don’t actually have any issues with the 1 hero plus book approach. Especially because they so often use it to bring us plastic versions of resin heroes. The fact that we’ve had several decent sized Army updates already in this edition (sylvaneth, nighthaunt, slaves, stormcast, kruleboyz, sons of behemat), I’m actually feeling good about what we’ve gotten since third edition. I mean, i wouldn’t mind having more, but I’m really not sad about this at all. Yes, there are armies that still could use updates, but I’m confident most if not all those updates will come in time. 

I don't care about rules and don't buy infantry heroes, so a book+ hero is no release for me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

I don't care about rules and don't buy infantry heroes, so a book+ hero is no release for me.

That’s fine, but how often would you reasonably expect each faction to be updated then?  Seems like most armies would average to once every 4-5 years

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, willange said:

That’s fine, but how often would you reasonably expect each faction to be updated then?  Seems like most armies would average to once every 4-5 years

I think it's bad that the last armies only have half a year of play with a battletome written for that edition. This is a problem of GW's own making.

I'd say a battletome in the first two years of the edition, and extra models (more than just another infantry hero that didn't make the cut before) in the next four Warscroll in box and downloadable, plus books that give extra options without being a requirement to play the original battletome if you want. Yes four, a three year edition rotation is nonsense.

Note that I don't play AoS because of a few different reasons, and book depreciation speed is a significant part of that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, willange said:

The GHB should perhaps be a more substantial rules patch, rather than just a points tweak (which doesn't often do much to fix underlying issues).

Then we could see two or three battletomes a year, each with a substantial miniatures refresh for the armies that need it. 

8 hours ago, willange said:

There are factions and we all can name them that DESPERATELY need more than 1 foot hero + book. And we have silly examples like Fyreslayers who have more than double the number of heroes compared to infrantry.

I wish GW prioritized some of these armies with low unit count and treated them with at least 2-3 units +1 hero, like they did with Sylvaneth.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, willange said:

It depends on which faction are getting the treatment. With Idoneth it was fine, because they've got a gorgeous new range of minis and don't need anything new (arguably they didn't need the foot hero either, but he didn't hurt); Skaven or Ogors though: they were both screaming out for a major range refresh and it's a major kick in the teeth to their players to just get a foot hero.

There's a good chance that the Spring Order battletome is going to be Seraphon, another faction that needs a range refresh, and if they just get a foot hero it'll be another kick in the teeth. If it's KO then that's fine.

• Like 3

I wonder how much into the future they plan these armies/ releases. Skaven/Seraphon/BoC etc. already needed a range refresh in whfb. It kind of feels like they first released the micro armies including the divided chaos daemon tomes. Soulblight Gravelords felt like the first range refresh. It just feels like at some point they dropped the micro army thing and started putting some focus into refreshing some of the older armies. Could be that GW didnt expect people stick to their old armies for so long and started to work at these older armies at some point because of high demand? I love we are getting Gitmob back and i already started saving money. Would it be reasonable to expect more updates to older armies from now on?

Edit: Sorry for the bad English, Hope my point comes across. 

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just a thought I had while looking at the god specific warbands that have been released so far for warcry, Nurgle's is more of a mobile skirmisher and Tzeentch's is slow and tanky. Not quite what those armies are known for, and i like how they showcase different ways to interact with the god alligned units and fulfill different gamplay niches, but it does make me wonder what could be in store for Khorne and Slaanesh? An army of rangers for Khorne and something slow and tanky for Slaanesh too?

Edited by Captaniser
  • Like 1