The Rumour Thread

It was the Sylvaneth beetle fliers, you can find all the solved engines here.

IMG_0758.png

https://warbosskurgan.blogspot.com/p/rumour-engines.html?m=1

All the possible BoC ones were pretty much solved and deconfirmed the shaggoth & jabberslyth. The other monstrous ones are likely Flesh-Eater Courts.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Rob from Honest Wargamer said something a couple of weeks ago about the next GHB having something to do with ranged troops. Knowing GW, they'll prob be doubling down on ranged meta.

Iirc it was something along the lines of foot heros wont be targetable when close to a unit or something along those lines. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Iirc it was something along the lines of foot heros wont be targetable when close to a unit or something along those lines. 

Funny that the 40K version of Look out sir! 

edit: well almost, character have to also not be the closest thing to the unit shooting as well

Edited by novakai
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mutton said:

I don't know what's "all". I've watched several games, one in person, of Ogre gunline armies in action and the Ogre player lost every time. Their units are paper and don't have much presence. Their attacks are still pretty random. But yeah, definitely too early to tell.

The issue with ranged unit spam in general is that power projection beats out anything else. But because armies only get a single shooting phase on their turn, the priority roll becomes the lynchpin of their success. Ranged focused armies often live and die by a single die roll; they either wipe you out by turn 3 or get decimated.

To excacerbate things for Ogor players ironblaster spam doesn't fit into battle regiment at all, so you can't control the turn order at all.

Ogors have other good stuff though, so while Ironblaster spam is the list we're seeing a lot of at the moment, we'll probably see some experimentation as time goes on. The ogor book doesn't really force you into a gunline strat for ironblasters to be useful, so I wouldn't be too surprised if we start seeing lists with only 1-2 ironblasters being pretty popular.

Also I find your description of the Ogor gunline list pretty funny, since it describes kruleboyz as well, and is better than kruleboyz at doing it too, despite that being the only playstyle.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

we're seeing a lot of at the moment, we'll probably see some experimentation as time goes on. The ogor book doesn't really force you into a gunline strat for ironblasters to be useful, so I wouldn't be too surprised if we start seeing lists with only 1-2 ironblasters being pretty popular.

As an ogors player this is my expectation as well. They have really good damage output potential but are still swingy and don’t fit in popular battalions nicely.

What you’re seeing right now is the habit of Ogors players to have ironblasters lying around and wanting to use the model that got the most glow up. It’s a flavor of the month, as it were.

Ogor units are particularly expensive per model and people are going to cut the ironblasters for more wounds and more reliable damage output in the form of gluttons, Ironguts, and stonehorns.

The list I’m wanting to tryout myself right now is Thunderbellies, with a huskard on stonehorn general, a butcher with the gruesome trophy rack, two ironblasters, then 3 units of reinforced mournfangs, and chronomantic cogs or emerald lifeswarm, or some gnoblars maybe.

idea is to have the mournfangs take turns hitting the enemy line and retreat, while the iron blasters hang out back near the Mawpot with the butcher, acting as screens, and support for whatever the mournfangs are charging into next, maybe sniping a hero or monster to make it easier in combat.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

AoS Gotrek book boxset. Just reprints of the existing novels with the short stories included. Notably it doesn't seem like the Realmslayer nor Blood of the Old World scripts are included.

yemBVAufRvGWPTU2.jpg

Disappointingly the covers are all the same. You'd think they could manage even a little difference beside the title and spine.

On the one hand I'd honestly like them, but on the other I know that set is going to be a small fortune and sell out at blazing speed on the day. So I'm right out of the running to get them.
I did get the first audio novel transcript though and that was a good release - hardback with gold edging of the pages and a nice centre display of all the original Old World cover arts. It felt special and was regular order at a sane price. 

ALSO GW why is there still no model for Gotrek's favourite Aelf?! 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Overread said:

It was nice when those books were announced on Twitter that the most liked comment was a model pic of the Ghoulslayer group together that Warcom then retweeted:

If we keep demanding Maleneth they’re bound to crack with the Black Library model waves! 😤

For other awesome Aelves of the Realms my wishlist also has Arika the Privateer,  Shevanya the tomb Raider and Corporal Steelwater as great candidates for aelven heroines that can go with the CoS reboot.

image.jpeg.81206ddf697977be379d1a4b2ce57835.jpeg
Thieves'_Paradise_cover.jpg
bvfhvwirs9j91.jpg?width=1000&format=pjpg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

11 hours ago, Mutton said:

I don't know what's "all". I've watched several games, one in person, of Ogre gunline armies in action and the Ogre player lost every time.

Most of the games that I saw were from tournament players. Some of them ended at the end of turn 2 or a double turn on 3.

Maybe it was bad luck vs good rolls, I don't know. I expext to see a few more games this weekend.

Edited by Beliman

6 hours ago, Beliman said:

Most of the games that I saw were from tournament players. Some of them ended at the end of turn 2 or a double turn on 3.

Maybe it was bad luck vs good rolls, I don't know. I expect to see a few more games this weekend.

As others have elluded, gunline Orgors are good but somewhat luck dependant.  The problem comes with hybrid Ogor armies, 4 Iron blasters and a trophy-rack means your outshooting almost every army out there and leaves you with plenty of points for a solid combat force which opponents will have to run towards to avoid being mowed down at range.  This is where it starts being problematic.

2 hours ago, Magnus The Blue said:

As others have elluded, gunline Orgors are good but somewhat luck dependant.  The problem comes with hybrid Ogor armies, 4 Iron blasters and a trophy-rack means your outshooting almost every army out there and leaves you with plenty of points for a solid combat force which opponents will have to run towards to avoid being mowed down at range.  This is where it starts being problematic.

Yep, that's the main problem. I said gunline because I thought it was the name of that type of build (3-4 ironblasters are enough to do the dirty work).

Btw, a lot of memes comparing high-tech Kharadron Aether-canons vs Ironblaster

Edited by Beliman

New Metawatch article:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/11/24/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-metawatch-assessing-the-impact-of-battlescroll-galletian-reinforcements/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=warhammer-age-of-sigmar&utm_content=metawatcharticle24112022

Back at the bottom for Slaanesh 😎 Though, to be fair, I prefer that in hopes we get a larger look over next time the Winter FAQ comes around. Last time we weren't in quite the worst spot, so we missed the greatest changes that Kruelboyz got.

Screenshot_20221124_140042.jpg

13 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Back at the bottom for Slaanesh 😎 Though, to be fair, I prefer that in hopes we get a larger look over next time the Winter FAQ comes around. Last time we weren't in quite the worst spot, so we missed the greatest changes that Kruelboyz got.

Hopefully GW also recognise this when writing the next Battletome!

• Like 1

Just now, JerekKruger said:

Hopefully GW also recognise this when writing the next Battletome!

I'm a bit cautious with the prospect of a new battletome in Spring. We know that Battletomes are written well in advance - possibly up to a year and a half, looking at the Slaves to Darkness leak earlier this year (which was already printed so would have been written well before the leak). The Slaanesh Battletome only came out a year and a bit ago (in Feb 21), so will they have had enough time to actually look at the issues, or are we going to get a repeat tome? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I'm a bit cautious with the prospect of a new battletome in Spring. We know that Battletomes are written well in advance - possibly up to a year and a half, looking at the Slaves to Darkness leak earlier this year (which was already printed so would have been written well before the leak). The Slaanesh Battletome only came out a year and a bit ago (in Feb 21), so will they have had enough time to actually look at the issues, or are we going to get a repeat tome? 

Yeah, that's true. Hopefully what we've seen with Battletomes so far at least points in the general direction GW will go, but there is a risk that it was written when Slaanesh had a reputation for being overpowered.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Overread said:

On the one hand I'd honestly like them, but on the other I know that set is going to be a small fortune and sell out at blazing speed on the day. So I'm right out of the running to get them.
I did get the first audio novel transcript though and that was a good release - hardback with gold edging of the pages and a nice centre display of all the original Old World cover arts. It felt special and was regular order at a sane price. 

We need a Maleneth and Trachos mini. Drekki Flynt and Cado got minis and books.

14 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

It was nice when those books were announced on Twitter that the most liked comment was a model pic of the Ghoulslayer group together that Warcom then retweeted:

If we keep demanding Maleneth they’re bound to crack with the Black Library model waves! 😤

For other awesome Aelves of the Realms my wishlist also has Arika the Privateer,  Shevanya the tomb Raider and Corporal Steelwater as great candidates for aelven heroines that can go with the CoS reboot.

image.jpeg.81206ddf697977be379d1a4b2ce57835.jpeg
Thieves'_Paradise_cover.jpg
bvfhvwirs9j91.jpg?width=1000&format=pjpg

Thieves Paradise is one of the best short stories for AOS!!

• Like 2

I'm not at all shocked kruleboyz haven't moved.
They got to save a bunch of points overall, and got some nice QoL changes, but in lieu of an overhaul the army really needs gutrippaz to be great, not just average or good (from a durability/point per wound standpoint at least). Its a slow army, and wants to castle up, but with gutrippaz as bad as they are they have no tools to push onto or hold objectives at all. The spikey damage hurts them on the secondaries, but Gutrippaz really let them down on primary objectives.

Bounty hunters vanishing may help a bit, but I doubt its enough.

• Like 1

Ok, the more I look at that shield RE, the more it screams BoC to me. It's chaos, but it's too vague to be one of the 4 gods. Also it would surprise me if it's StD with all we've already seen.

Of course it could be a new generic non-affiliated chaos warband... but I want to dream.

Ok, probably it's 40k.

Edited by Fulcanelli

The Novella series were great fun, its a shame that the last season of them had only 1 AOS book if I recall right and they appear ot have been abandoned as a concept. I still feel like Black Library still hasn't recovered from the loss of Mr Reynolds in terms of having an experienced skilled writer on team dedicated to a lot of AoS writing. Too many of BL's skilled are tied up with 40K 

• Like 2