The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I would be so dissapointed with a STD vs GG box as it would hint at a single model release for the army.

The rumours say we should expect to be disappointed. 

Those 4chan leaks from a year back talked about gitz being around Christmas with S2D, and them sharing a battlebox. With the delayed slaves battletome, it's certainly within the realms of possibility.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Those 4chan leaks from a year back talked about gitz being around Christmas with S2D, and them sharing a battlebox. With the delayed slaves battletome, it's certainly within the realms of possibility.

Do you have a screenshot of that? The only 4chan post from around a year ago that I remember turned out to be clearly made up.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

They also said OBR were "set in stone" for last January, so they weren't perfect.

• Like 1

A S2D battlebox with Gitz makes no sense to me. Brand new S2D army box, new models shown, and no hero entry in the battletome is lacking a model. These battleboxes always bring a new hero at the least to drive sales, I don’t see a new hero being added to a battletome that isn’t technically released yet.

gits vs something else? (FeC?) Possible, but I question ANY battlebox being released before Xmas this year considering what little time is left.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Silphid said:

A S2D battlebox with Gitz makes no sense to me. Brand new S2D army box, new models shown, and no hero entry in the battletome is lacking a model. These battleboxes always bring a new hero at the least to drive sales, I don’t see a new hero being added to a battletome that isn’t technically released yet.

gits vs something else? (FeC?) Possible, but I question ANY battlebox being released before Xmas this year considering what little time is left.

Yeah it make little sense to make another box for slaves when they already did one of the special army boxes for their release. If they reveal a new duel this week, I expect it to be of other factions to get the usual tome + hero or minor update in the start of the next year.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, madmac said:

Obviously, World Eaters are almost certainly going to be shown, but now that I think about it AoS Khorne is also a slight possibility. Especially if World Eaters comes with Khornegors, that could be a dual system release.

The previewed Lord Invocatus (the new World Eaters' Juggernaut Lord) could also be a dual kit like the Daemon Prince was, though I'm not that hopeful as it seems likely they'd have said so in the preview (like they did with the Daemon Prince).

As an aside, I'd love to see Khorngors. Tzaangors were cool, Slaangors were awesome (looking, they kinda suck in game), so hopefully Khorngors (and Pestigors if/when they get a release) will be amazing.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

The previewed Lord Invocatus (the new World Eaters' Juggernaut Lord) could also be a dual kit like the Daemon Prince was, though I'm not that hopeful as it seems likely they'd have said so in the preview (like they did with the Daemon Prince).

As an aside, I'd love to see Khorngors. Tzaangors were cool, Slaangors were awesome (looking, they kinda suck in game), so hopefully Khorngors (and Pestigors if/when they get a release) will be amazing.

Lord Invocatus will be easy enough to fit into my  Blades of Khorne force for sure, plus any new mounted world eaters will provide more poses/sculpts for juggernauts. 

The leaked codex contents list a unit called Jakhals, wondering if those could be Khorngor or cultist adjacent 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Do you have a screenshot of that? The only 4chan post from around a year ago that I remember turned out to be clearly made up.

Yes, I went through it a few pages back. There were more hits than missus imo. Enough to suggest that the poster had more than a grain of reliability - although their timing was all off.

On 11/14/2022 at 12:24 PM, Jagged Red Lines said:

Looking at these rumours again from last year, quite a few have turned out correct, while others were pretty far off the mark.

Looking at what they've got wrong, there may be a better indication of what's next:

Correct (and sort-of correct)

* IDK/FS and combined battlebox (Fury of the Deep)

* Ogors and Nighthaunt (although the timing is off)

* STD Christmas

* The rumour that STD will include BoC is clearly wrong, but it's possible the source saw the Theridons and thought they were minotaurs.

* Lumineth and Sylvaneth tomes

The currently incorrect (and potentially in the pipeline for 2023?

* OBR new book, with archers and liege on monster

* Gloomspite book and STD/GSG battlebox

* Skaven, seraphon, CoS, khorne battletomes

* MALERION

* Nagash and SILENT PEOPLE

16 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Yes, I went through it a few pages back. There were more hits than missus imo. Enough to suggest that the poster had more than a grain of reliability - although their timing was all off.

Except the leak in question gave a release order to them all which was proved completely wrong. It mentioned crabs in the IDK/FS box which weren't there, got the timing of the Ogors and Nighthaunt completely wrong, and, as others have pointed out, we already know what's being released for Slaves to Darkness and it doesn't mesh with a battlebox.

• Like 6

IIRC most of those things were not even said in the same post...the "whole year leak" that came before was completely wrong also.
Battletomes prediction are "easy" considering what armies got a WD article,with some "guesses"(or i'd say jokes) like Silent people.
I hope we'll get something akin to the 40k huge leak for the next year but seems all the peoples who can "know" won't do anything because they're too engaged in 40k itself...

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

So the rumours were:

• OBR End of January - nope;
  • IDK/FS Early April - yep (I will assume the comment about crabs was a joke and not a prediction);
  • Ogors Summer - nope
  • Nighthaunt October - nope

On top of that, it completely missed Sylvaneth, Skaven, DoK, SoB, Lumineth and Tzeentch. Apart from IKD/FS I'd say it was pretty unreliable: yes both Ogors and Nighthaunt got a release this year, but 11 factions did so guessing those two (both relatively old books) had decent odds of being right at some point in the year, and it was completely wrong about OBR.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, madmac said:

Obviously, World Eaters are almost certainly going to be shown, but now that I think about it AoS Khorne is also a slight possibility. Especially if World Eaters comes with Khornegors, that could be a dual system release.

I think there is a decent possibility of that. Makes sense to release in a way that cross-promotes a little, a bit of "Oh you like Blades of Khorne? Well you may also like Angron, who is coming soon!" and vice-versa. Just seems like a good synergy to do it that way, though I am hardly an expert!

4 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

All these rumours were all fakes. None of them were accurate or get right in any of the guesses. XD

1 hour ago, JerekKruger said:

So the rumours were:

• OBR End of January - nope;
  • IDK/FS Early April - yep (I will assume the comment about crabs was a joke and not a prediction);
  • Ogors Summer - nope
  • Nighthaunt October - nope

On top of that, it completely missed Sylvaneth, Skaven, DoK, SoB, Lumineth and Tzeentch. Apart from IKD/FS I'd say it was pretty unreliable: yes both Ogors and Nighthaunt got a release this year, but 11 factions did so guessing those two (both relatively old books) had decent odds of being right at some point in the year, and it was completely wrong about OBR.

The order was wrong, sure, but most of it was accurate. Honestly I feel release schedules are so fluid these days at GW, with disruption to supply chains that they even struggle to stick to their own stated roadmaps.

You also missed the correct prediction of a lumineth release, which was unthinkable at the time as it was less than a year since their last book. As well as the correct prediction of sylvaneth and tzeentch.

The slaves Christmas release was spot on, especially with it including BoC models (theridons).

I'm not by any means saying that we should base all our hopes on it, or believe in it wholeheartedly.

But I do think that - especially if we get a GSG/S2D box announced for spring - there might be a grain of truth in the rest of it.

5 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

The order was wrong, sure, but most of it was accurate. Honestly I feel release schedules are so fluid these days at GW, with disruption to supply chains that they even struggle to stick to their own stated roadmaps.

You also missed the correct prediction of a lumineth release, which was unthinkable at the time as it was less than a year since their last book. As well as the correct prediction of sylvaneth and tzeentch.

The slaves Christmas release was spot on, especially with it including BoC models (theridons).

I'm not by any means saying that we should base all our hopes on it, or believe in it wholeheartedly.

But I do think that - especially if we get a GSG/S2D box announced for spring - there might be a grain of truth in the rest of it.

well no, none of it was accurate and 4chan rumors are false until proven otherwise. thinking any of it is true is really grasping for straws.

like i can guess that the next tomes are Khorne, OBR, BoC, Gitz, Soulblight, and Dawnbringer, and by the standards here I would be a Bonafide rumor monger of TGA

3 hours ago, Silphid said:

Not that I think there will be a Gitz vs STD box, but they could throw Eternus in that theoretical box set.

8 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

The order was wrong, sure, but most of it was accurate.

But that's effectively meaningless. There are 24 factions in AoS and 11 of them got books. Fyreslayers and Idoneth were already confirmed, which leaves 22 factions to guess from. The odds of someone making an educated guess of which factions would get a battletome in the next year and getting a few right are not particularly long. Had they been right about the timing of those releases, or nailed the pairings of the other versus boxes, if give it more credence, but it looks a lot like someone who took @Whitefang's leak and bulked it out with made up stuff to me.

Not that it matters either way. What will get releases will get released, but if be amazed if we get a GSG vs. S2D box.

• Like 1