The Rumour Thread

Regarding StD: Cabalists tunring heroes into sorcerers is terribly interesting. Finally we could make a hardcore Tzeentch champion now that is both strong in melee and a wizard like back in the old days.

Good thing I bought the StD box anyways. I see myself getting Chosen and more warriors. especially warriors, they could be a great alternative to Horrors on objectives now.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

19 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I think GW messed up by not adding another set of legs to the kit. The king itself isn't shabby but a second set of legs would've helped the overall army a LOT.

I also hope Gloomspite get a great update in regards to their rules. It's not like we play with really strong lists all the time but I feel that it bothers him that his army is one of the weakest ones and that in turn means he plays much less than he would. Since he managed to win a couple of times it obviously shows that it's not totally hopeless in a casual setting but still, would be cool if he had more fun with it instead of lamenting his power level.

2 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

When you have so few models in an army, it really does matter that they don’t all look the same. Especially when those models are towering centrepieces. I’m a huge fan of the Mega kits but an alternative leg pose would have made building an army of them so much more appealing. 

Absolutely. A unique set of legs wouldve really set him apart from the rest. Heck I wouldve taken the kit as a whole new box with the legs available to the Beast Smasher as well. Its insane I waited over 20 years for a Giant army and 2 new models were just recently announced and I find myself more hyped for other Factions and Warcry.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

Absolutely. A unique set of legs wouldve really set him apart from the rest. Heck I wouldve taken the kit as a whole new box with the legs available to the Beast Smasher as well. Its insane I waited over 20 years for a Giant army and 2 new models were just recently announced and I find myself more hyped for other Factions and Warcry.

perhaps someone will release an alternate pair of legs? It would be a lot of work to modify the ones from the kit unfortunately.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Regarding StD: Cabalists tunring heroes into sorcerers is terribly interesting. Finally we could make a hardcore Tzeentch champion now that is both strong in melee and a wizard like back in the old days.

Good thing I bought the StD box anyways. I see myself getting Chosen and more warriors. especially warriors, they could be a great alternative to Horrors on objectives now.

Similar in points cost too so easy to swap

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Also interestingly knights only have option for lance. Which basically invalidates the old non-pushfit models if you built them that way.

I disagree.
If there's only one weapon profile on the scroll you can model anything and its easy to tell what the weapon is. Its better than having two options with the one you have being terrible, because then you actually do need to swap the weapons out.

• Like 8

I’m happy for the chaos kids but also

TWO rounds of s2d leaks and we’re still waiting on a delayed Ogor tome preorder to go live this is a CONSPIRACY i tells ya

if we don’t get at least a preview on Sunday I’m gonna pick up 30k and buy almost exclusively Etsy minis

Edited by Sahrial

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

Please delete my post if it is inappropriate :D

Spoiler: The following image is fake - it made the rounds in our local whatsapp group a few days backDCB752E4-CBD5-4B52-9BBB-4556DB104256.jpeg.a0ec58c3a03798c240125152f8f91d60.jpeg

• Haha 11

Really happy with the rules on S2D so far. Warriors and Knights look like a real menace and are rock solid, and the different layers offer some true customization. Want to run a cavalry army? Well Knights of The Empty Throne gives everything with a mount run and charge, go nuts with speedy S2D. Want to run magic heavy? Cabalist has you covered with everyone being an amazing wizard, also 3d6 casting, also excellent Tzeentch combos. Want some daemon allies to actually be useful? Be'lakor can let them use marks in legion of the first prince and also choose what mark he gets every turn. Marks are useful and simple and it's super viable to mix and match however you see fit. Eye of The Gods is useful and easy to trigger and supported in multiple places in the book. Strategies/Tactics are decent without being too braindead. Honestly this is really everything I was hoping for in a book. 

There are some bad things too, warshrine is nerfed into obscurity but at least one of the prayers might still be worth it. Losing weapon options on the warriors and knights sucks, especially when one was the stand out superior option in the previous book, but I don't know anyone that would care if I still use the old weapons and just say they're lances. 

There's still a lot we haven't seen yet but so far pretty much everything is looking really exciting. It looks like they actually listened to feedback about the previous book and fixed all the major complaints.

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The Old World post is up:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/10/14/warhammer-the-old-world-orcs-bretonnians-tomb-kings-arrive/

Just concept art, but confirmation that Tomb Kings are being worked on is already more than I expected.

@Twisted Firaun LOYAL SON YOUR TIME HAS COME AT LAST!! THROW OUT THOSE TZEENTCHIAN DISTRACTIONS AND SAVE THOSE PENNYS!!

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/10/14/warhammer-the-old-world-orcs-bretonnians-tomb-kings-arrive/

Just concept art, but confirmation that Tomb Kings are being worked on is already more than I expected.

The map is still only showing the Old World of the Old World though... are they sure they want to go all the way down to the Southlands with how big a project even that small part of the map sounds? Hopefully they hired more people to expand TOW and didn't move people from other teams onto it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

The map is still only showing the Old World of the Old World though... are they sure they want to go all the way down to the Southlands with how big a project even that small part of the map sounds? Hopefully they hired more people to expand TOW and didn't move people from other teams onto it.

There was a Tomb Kings icon visible when they showed the Border Princes map, if I am not mistaken. So maybe they intend to sprinkle them around a bit more? I would certainly not be against it, having Lizardmen and Tomb Kings off in their own litgle corners of the world was always narratively kinda difficult.

• Like 4

I appreciate the sly bits they put in these like making sure people know End Times is staying canon and now heavily hinting it’s just getting more news next year and not a release(seriously should expect 2025 or later):

“Welcome back, denizens of the Old World, to another of our semi-regular updates on our ongoing work on Warhammer: The Old World. Here’s Andy Hoare from the Warhammer Studio with more on the most exciting thing to hit the setting since, well, chunks of Morrslieb made planetfall.”

“So that’s it for now, but stay tuned to the Warhammer Community website for more information throughout 2023, which is of course the 40th birthday year of the venerable game of Warhammer!”

StD leaks are cool though. Wouldn’t mind giving the Empty Throne a spin.

45 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Do you have a sauce for that?

Does our hopes and prayers count? xD

Would be a good way to build on the best launches of this year and Stormcast who missed theirs last year but also act as a great ally connection to all the Order armies for useful armored units or vice-versa.

• Like 1

I welcome todays news not least for Tomb Kings, I miss them dearly. I miss the Old World Dearly. I’m just kinda waiting for that now to come out.

I fo think I under estimate just how long it takes for anything to get done in the World of Warhammer. So even if it takes a couple more years for all this to come through it will still be quantifiably quicker than either Morghur getting a remake. Or Malerion (you see where I’m hoing with this).

My big concern is that I don’t know if my heart will take it. I got overly excited with a raised beat opening the article. I just don’t think my heart would be able to handle a whole Streamed preview when this eventually.

Sadly when it does drop I imagine I’ll be completely done with AoS sorry.

A85FCF23-6276-49F3-8D3B-C4A319F117E3.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

BY LONG LOST NEHEKHARA I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO FEEL ABOUT THIS!!!! On the one hand I now know that Tomb Kings are confirmed..... on the other they're so far away!

22 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

@Twisted Firaun LOYAL SON YOUR TIME HAS COME AT LAST!! THROW OUT THOSE TZEENTCHIAN DISTRACTIONS AND SAVE THOSE PENNYS!!

Oh @KingBrodd! I wish I could throw them away, but I have spent too much time invested in them to give away the scheming lads!!!

• LOVE IT! 1