The Rumour Thread

32 minutes ago, MitGas said:

This board is getting funnier every day - thanks for all the laughs!

With the Dearth of Rumours we've had a lot of time to work on our Schtick! 

40 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Necron? I dunno.

n4qODupP8DikbBdC (1).jpg

I wanted this to be AOS but those cables at the bottom seem to imply 40k 😢

Although maybe it is Dark Mech and the iconography will be easy to paint for the faction. Although I doubt I could free hand even a basic shape.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

With the Dearth of Rumours we've had a lot of time to work on our Schtick! 

You've also taught me a new word - protean. It also exists in German and I know Proteus from whom it originates from but now I can sound really educated thanks to you as I've never seen it as an adjective before. 😁 So funny and informative, now all we need is chocolate!

Edited by MitGas
  • Thanks 1

There's a leather strap and a ring attached at the base of the Blade thingy. Meaning it could be hanging from something, and they're messing with the angle for the photo. 

My first thought was Seraphon or Necron, but the weird PlayStation-style button symbology is throwing me off. 

Edited by Gothmaug
typo

7 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

There's a leather strap and a ring attached at the base of the Blade thingy. Meaning it could be hanging from something, and they're messing with the angle for the photo. 

My first thought was Seraphon or Necron, but the weird PlayStation-style button symbology is throwing me off. 

I'm not very well versed in Necron design cues, but I don't think they have any real leather/cloth bits? That alone makes me lean a little towards Seraphon.

25 minutes ago, madmac said:

I'm not very well versed in Necron design cues, but I don't think they have any real leather/cloth bits? That alone makes me lean a little towards Seraphon.

I would hope its Seraphon, but they're mesoamerican themed, and more cubic than geometric. 

I wonder if its a new faction, like the new Dark Dwarves or the Dark Mechanicus?

Or its entirely something different like a weird blood bowl character. 

20 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

I dunno guys, maybe @DinoJon is right and I am getting seraphon-greedy, but the way it's painted and the round hole really do remind me of my all-time favourite, definitely seraphon rumour engine, aka the funky spear

iqtVQZxah18mBiT7.jpg

Good shout out. I think it's also worth pointing out that Seraphon designs have been subtly changing as they get new models. Less blatantly primitive and MesoAmerican, a bit more geometric scifi, especially on the weapons. Just a bit, but it's there.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Necron? I dunno.

n4qODupP8DikbBdC (1).jpg

I've seen someone suggest that it might be Tau related and it symbolises their castes. Circle for fire, diamond for water, square for earth and triangle for air, but the ethereal caste would be missing then. Farsight enclaves unique unit?

• LOVE IT! 1

13 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

I've seen someone suggest that it might be Tau related and it symbolises their castes. Circle for fire, diamond for water, square for earth and triangle for air, but the ethereal caste would be missing then. Farsight enclaves unique unit?

there was rumor of one of the Ark of Omen character that going into Plastic was Farsight

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, EntMan said:

3 days max now until we get some Old World news on WarCom.

Any thoughts/insights/guesses when the article will come and what might be in it?

Likely today wednesday , Thursday is heresy , Friday is Forge world preorder.

Hope to see at least a model rendering and some info on roadmap, please no more maps after almost three years ! 

• Like 2