The Rumour Thread

If you want to see the picture is in Dakkadakka under the  news and rumor tab and AoS N&R thread. It should be the most recent post.

Edit: basically he has 40 wounds, regular stomps and kicks. And his hammer is 4 attack 3s and 3s, rend-2, 5 damage. All his attacks have 3inch reach.

Edited by novakai
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Hoping there'll be a mercenary version of the new Beast-smasher Mega. I'm guessing Brodd will be SoB exclusive.

The forces of Destruction can also trade all their shiny stuff to hire a named Beast-smasher known as Odo Godswallow. This mercenary is a bloodthirsty oaf of surprisingly deep insight – at least when it comes to killing monsters. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, TreelordRecent said:

Looks like there already some rumours for the 40K Christmas box sets : imperial fists, raven guard, custodes.

Has anything leaked for AoS?

Nothing that I've heard yet. IF I had to guess, I'd look at whatever armies came out in 2020-2021 that don't already have a battlebox. Lumineth realmlords and Kruelboyz i'm guessing. And we didnt get a Stormcast box last year, so were due for one thisyear. Probably with Vanguard troops and perhaps one of the mounted dragon models. 

Anyhow thats my guess. 

The AoS loremasters discord guys are doing math on the size of the Greywater Faatness.

According to the book, the Outer Wall of the Greywater Faatness is divided into 12 sections of ten miles. Forming a perfect circle.

They came up with this. It's a bunch of math stuff

quotes

"If so, radius is 60 miles then, and the area is about 11310 square miles via pi*r^2"

"it’s like 37x the size of New York, right? Since NY is 300"

"It’s about twice the size of Tokyo"

"Wait, that’s not right. You calculated radius by halting the circumference. Radius is C/(2pi"

"Radius is closer to 19 miles, It’s about 1146 square miles."

"this city is twice the size of LA"

"Nearly four times bigger than NYC"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

Also from the book

"WORKWAYS: Studies by the Council of the Forge showed that workers commuting to their factories by foot were inefficient. They’d often get distracted, or take indirect routes. Their movements caused traffic on the major roads, and valuable minutes were lost from work shifts. The workways solved that. These suspended, clanking mechanical belts link the upper floors of each major housing block to the factories of the Inner Circle. They’re relatively safe, sturdy, and secure, and they get tired workers efficiently between factory and domicile, any time of the day. Gridlock only occurs at the towering workway interchanges, where workers who don’t live near a direct line to their factory switch conveyor belts, but this is a rare case — employers own housing, and make sure they place their staff somewhere convenient. Services have sprung up to cater to the workways’ passengers. Vendors sell food, drink, and tobacco. Some sell beer to those on their way home. ‘Riding the Belt’ — stopping off at every belt-side tavern and bar between work and home — is one of the city’s favourite drinking games. ‘Hooking’ drunks — snagging them with long shepherd’s crooks, off a belt and into a pub — is a source of casual work for elders and youngsters alike. There’s even a scoreboard of the most successful ‘crooks’."

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

14 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Nothing that I've heard yet. IF I had to guess, I'd look at whatever armies came out in 2020-2021 that don't already have a battlebox. Lumineth realmlords and Kruelboyz i'm guessing. And we didnt get a Stormcast box last year, so were due for one thisyear. Probably with Vanguard troops and perhaps one of the mounted dragon models. 

Anyhow thats my guess. 

Lumineth got a box last year. That said Stormcast and Kruelboyz feel like safe bets. Slyvaneth also feel safe since they got a decent release. Id guess slaves are out and slaanesh and tzeentch both got ones recently so maybe nurgle is the 4th? Death got 2 last year so that's why I excluded them.

58 minutes ago, TreelordRecent said:

Looks like there already some rumours for the 40K Christmas box sets : imperial fists, raven guard, custodes.

Has anything leaked for AoS?

The rumour on valrak channel is they'll be hero heavy for 40k probably shifting models they struggled to sell. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a rehash of some older ones ironjaw and khorne springs to mind. I missed those boxes by a year getting into aos.

I think they may also be Daemon heavy run in with the push for 40k hopefully a greater daemons or two.

But if we stick with the four we normally get for aos my guess is.

Stormcast thunderstrike box set

Kruleboyz or big waagh themed one

Khorne or nurgle or stretching a std one.

And lumineth.

Death got a lot of love last Xmas so unless it another soulblight with the characters they struggle to shift and a mortach neferata/Manfred etc box I'd be surprised.

Anyway just my predictions. 

Edited by Kempak
To many spaces

6 hours ago, Chikout said:

Vandus Hammerhand is back and the new Grombrindal book has finally been confirmed. https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/09/21/new-sagas-of-hammers-and-axes-from-the-mortal-realms-are-coming-soon/

There may not be many AoS models this year but we are getting way more novels than we ever have before. I'm excited to read both of these. 

I hope this is the start of some more long rumoured Dwarven goodness.... 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

@Baron Klatz That's fantastic news! 😍 If there's been one thing I have wished for regarding the Cities, it'd be more integrated cultures - I'm so happy to see GW moving towards aelves, humans and Duardin intermingling properly!

Indeed! Interestingly Corporal Steelwater is also an ex-Wanderer aelf.

I wonder if that’s how the Dawners will acquire integrated aelf units? Wanderers stop wandering and settling down to adapt to the local city culture.(as well possibly Dispossessed becoming “possessed” with their new cities and forming up in Ironwelds & Freeguilds?)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, xking said:

The AoS loremasters discord guys are doing math on the size of the Greywater Faatness.

According to the book, the Outer Wall of the Greywater Faatness is divided into 12 sections of ten miles. Forming a perfect circle.

They came up with this. It's a bunch of math stuff

quotes

"If so, radius is 60 miles then, and the area is about 11310 square miles via pi*r^2"

"it’s like 37x the size of New York, right? Since NY is 300"

"It’s about twice the size of Tokyo"

"Wait, that’s not right. You calculated radius by halting the circumference. Radius is C/(2pi"

"Radius is closer to 19 miles, It’s about 1146 square miles."

"this city is twice the size of LA"

"Nearly four times bigger than NYC"

Shouldn't post this early in the morning. 

Edited by Chikout
Stupid.
  • Like 1

Skyscraper arcology form the book.

"The Great Axle is a tall, towering citadel, home to the city’s wealthiest Steam Lords, most powerful wizards, and greatest engineers. All the city’s wealth flows out of the Great Axle, and returns with dividends. It’s a district that is as high as it is wide, all the towers and buildings packed tightly together, one on top of the other, as if thedazzling architecture is trying to touch the ceiling of the realmsphere."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xking said:

Also from the book

"WORKWAYS: Studies by the Council of the Forge showed that workers commuting to their factories by foot were inefficient. They’d often get distracted, or take indirect routes. Their movements caused traffic on the major roads, and valuable minutes were lost from work shifts. The workways solved that. These suspended, clanking mechanical belts link the upper floors of each major housing block to the factories of the Inner Circle. They’re relatively safe, sturdy, and secure, and they get tired workers efficiently between factory and domicile, any time of the day. Gridlock only occurs at the towering workway interchanges, where workers who don’t live near a direct line to their factory switch conveyor belts, but this is a rare case — employers own housing, and make sure they place their staff somewhere convenient. Services have sprung up to cater to the workways’ passengers. Vendors sell food, drink, and tobacco. Some sell beer to those on their way home. ‘Riding the Belt’ — stopping off at every belt-side tavern and bar between work and home — is one of the city’s favourite drinking games. ‘Hooking’ drunks — snagging them with long shepherd’s crooks, off a belt and into a pub — is a source of casual work for elders and youngsters alike. There’s even a scoreboard of the most successful ‘crooks’."

These are actually amazing employers!!

2 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

@KingBrodd, how do you feel about your new rules Your Swoleness?

For me Im all about the Hobby and the Lore, so much so I would rather pay less money for Tomes that are just that, no rules at all. Thank you for the consideration though mate!! 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Kempak said:

The rumour on valrak channel is they'll be hero heavy for 40k probably shifting models they struggled to sell. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a rehash of some older ones ironjaw and khorne springs to mind. I missed those boxes by a year getting into aos.

I think they may also be Daemon heavy run in with the push for 40k hopefully a greater daemons or two.

But if we stick with the four we normally get for aos my guess is.

Stormcast thunderstrike box set

Kruleboyz or big waagh themed one

Khorne or nurgle or stretching a std one.

And lumineth.

Death got a lot of love last Xmas so unless it another soulblight with the characters they struggle to shift and a mortach neferata/Manfred etc box I'd be surprised.

Anyway just my predictions. 

You know, I think I'll still bet on Lumineth. They've had multiple releases now, lots of models, and I feel like they're the new upcoming poster children of AoS. I'm betting a force based around a different element, Wind? with a bunch of those hurricane kangaroo riders and a spirit of the wind. 

And Ill go out on a limb here. I went back through to 2016 and all the chaos factions have had a box. Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeench, Slanesh, slaves to darkness and even Skaven. But do you know ho hasn't? Beasts of Chaos. So my prediction is that the true meaning of 2022 Era of the beast, is a Beasts of Chaos Battle Force for Christmas!

• Like 5