The Rumour Thread

20 minutes ago, Draznak said:

I'm guessing they'll announce it after the Nova Open reveals. And I would bet strongly on a Votann's mini (which would therefore be released in September).

I was hoping for a Votann as I won't be able to afford to start buying them until they release as individual units, which I assume will be a fair long while after the starter box.

On the subject of miniature of the month I was really surprised yesterday to find my local WH shop still had free Rotmire dudes to give away. I'd assumed they'd all go in the first weekend...

2 hours ago, EntMan said:

On the subject of miniature of the month I was really surprised yesterday to find my local WH shop still had free Rotmire dudes to give away. I'd assumed they'd all go in the first weekend...

I don’t think Warcry has sold that well however my assumption is based off what’s on the GW site and they still seem to have the Warcry combat gages left over. I don’t think it helps people are being careful about what they spend money on as well plus Heresy dropped just after. It’s a shame as the rules look fun but I think these skirmish games will get more popular. 

Also it’s the summer holidays so people may not have had chance to go to a Warhammer store due to spending time with family. 

Back to rumours, I’ve been hearing some heresy stuff and 40K stuff but nothing for AOS. I’m hoping we get some cool stuff next week

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chikout said:

There is one guarantee about the preview show. GW have never done a preview which is only books. Even when they do a black library preview, they manage to squeeze in a couple of minis. If gw says that AoS is being previewed there is absolutely no way they just show the Lumineth and Tzeentch books. It's possible we will only get the new season of war but if I had to bet my house on something, I'd say we get at least one destruction mini previewed for at least one destruction faction. I think that's a safer bet than seeing anything for Imperial Guard or World Eaters. 

Dont bet your house mate!! I would love for a new Seasons of War book and Incarnate. @Whitefang liked my post about a Seasons of War Gallet. And Gallet has consistantly been mentioned as being full of creepy crawlies. There were rumours of a Spider-like-Incarnate so those two may be revealed!!

1 hour ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I don’t think Warcry has sold that well however my assumption is based off what’s on the GW site and they still seem to have the Warcry combat gages left over. I don’t think it helps people are being careful about what they spend money on as well plus Heresy dropped just after. It’s a shame as the rules look fun but I think these skirmish games will get more popular. 

Also it’s the summer holidays so people may not have had chance to go to a Warhammer store due to spending time with family. 

Back to rumours, I’ve been hearing some heresy stuff and 40K stuff but nothing for AOS. I’m hoping we get some cool stuff next week

Just anything would be nice!! I just want the Destruction Tomes announced at least. I really dont want a 20 minute 40K Preview, 20 minute HH, 10 minute Underworlds and then a draaaawn out 10 minute chat about the new LRL and DOT Tomes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I hope Warcry does well but it wouldn’t surprise me if not.

I think a lot of people, myself included, are reluctant to buy into new GW games that aren't "Warhammer". Not just because opponents are harder to come by, but also because there's a much higher risk that the game is cancelled unceremoniously. For example, if anyone bought onto Silver Tower, you may have felt dissapointed that it was only supported up to its second box set and now may be around gathering dust (it even used to have an app that disappeared, if I remember correctly).

Unfortunately this mindset is self perpetuating and I can only hope that it picks up traction so people are keen to buy in. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Dont bet your house mate!! I would love for a new Seasons of War book and Incarnate. @Whitefang liked my post about a Seasons of War Gallet. And Gallet has consistantly been mentioned as being full of creepy crawlies. There were rumours of a Spider-like-Incarnate so those two may be revealed!!

Just anything would be nice!! I just want the Destruction Tomes announced at least. I really dont want a 20 minute 40K Preview, 20 minute HH, 10 minute Underworlds and then a draaaawn out 10 minute chat about the new LRL and DOT Tomes.

I was trying to remember what happened in previous preview events so I did a bit of searching. Lvo had a very underwhelming preview for AoS with just a couple of minis, and then just a few days later, announced the next two battletomes and put out an AoS roadmap. If gw had just included that roadmap in the preview I think most of the people who were dissatisfied would have been much happier. For some reason GW doesn’t like to talk about books during their previews. They almost never discuss rules. It’s much more likely that the Lumineth and Tzeentch battletomes don’t get a mention at all, than gw just talk about the books and don’t show any models. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I was trying to remember what happened in previous preview events so I did a bit of searching. Lvo had a very underwhelming preview for AoS with just a couple of minis, and then just a few days later, announced the next two battletomes and put out an AoS roadmap. If gw had just included that roadmap in the preview I think most of the people who were dissatisfied would have been much happier. For some reason GW doesn’t like to talk about books during their previews. They almost never discuss rules. It’s much more likely that the Lumineth and Tzeentch battletomes don’t get a mention at all, than gw just talk about the books and don’t show any models. 

Then that would be even better. Show off 4 new Tomes and at least 2 new models.

@Enoby

For me the reasons I haven't purchased in are.

•Im not a chaos player. And while we've been teased with the chameleon model there has been not %100 percent confirmation that im aware of that I'll see anything for any army I do play. 

•Just my opinion but that giant derpy skull piece with the horn is a huge no for me. Ive talked with some folks on reddit that you can potentially build that piece without it and a little modeling work but its a substantial amount of plastic from that box I'll pay for and never use. 

• And price. Its not break the bank but its getting there. Its cheaper elsewhere but its $180-$190 i could spend on models I do like. 

•Set in Ghur but still seems very chaos focused so far. I think this closes a few wallets imo, including mine. 

• Like 2

I really like Warcry and, so far, I've enjoyed 2.0.  Not every game is for every player, so if it's not for you, that's totally cool.

But I think about it as its own thing.  I don't look for models that fit my other armies.  I appreciate it as a skirmish game that: (1) I can easily play on a weeknight when I wouldn't have time for a full AoS game, and (2) is relatively  simple to get a few warbands in order to have everything needed to play when a friend comes over.  I have friends that will never play AoS and don't want the expense, but who don't mind sitting down to a game of Warcry using my models. 

If I looked at Warcry through the prism of how it benefits my AoS play, the value for sure isn't there.  But when I look at it as it's own game and the additional gaming opportunities it presents, I'm a big fan. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Ferban said:

I really like Warcry and, so far, I've enjoyed 2.0.  Not every game is for every player, so if it's not for you, that's totally cool.

But I think about it as its own thing.  I don't look for models that fit my other armies.  I appreciate it as a skirmish game that: (1) I can easily play on a weeknight when I wouldn't have time for a full AoS game, and (2) is relatively  simple to get a few warbands in order to have everything needed to play when a friend comes over.  I have friends that will never play AoS and don't want the expense, but who don't mind sitting down to a game of Warcry using my models. 

If I looked at Warcry through the prism of how it benefits my AoS play, the value for sure isn't there.  But when I look at it as it's own game and the additional gaming opportunities it presents, I'm a big fan. 

This is why I'm pivoting to Warcry as well, doesn't change Vasshpit's points that those of us who'd like to see more of Ghur and less of Chaos aren't buying in at these prices :/ It is definitely the AOS game I would introduce friends to for game nights even without a whole boxed set though.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I wouldn't use what's left on GW as an indicator of how well its sold as I'm sure people who bought it (like myself) bought it from a independent seller for extra discount. 

Obviously we'll never really know the sales numbers but I wouldn't be suprised if it sold better than the last few boxes. 

2 hours ago, Enoby said:

I think a lot of people, myself included, are reluctant to buy into new GW games that aren't "Warhammer". Not just because opponents are harder to come by, but also because there's a much higher risk that the game is cancelled unceremoniously. For example, if anyone bought onto Silver Tower, you may have felt dissapointed that it was only supported up to its second box set and now may be around gathering dust (it even used to have an app that disappeared, if I remember correctly).

Unfortunately this mindset is self perpetuating and I can only hope that it picks up traction so people are keen to buy in. 

Personally, since I know three more boxes are coming, I am holding out for one that I really like. There is a chance we will see a Vampires vs Cities box, and since I play both those armies I don't see a reason to jump in right now with double chaos again and warbands I don't find super exciting.  With the rules now being free I definitely plan to ge into Warcry soon and will just play games with stuff I already own for now.

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

Set in Ghur but still seems very chaos focused so far. I think this closes a few wallets imo, including mine. 

This is 100% why I havent jumped the gun. The rest of the Warbands should be mostly Destruction. 3 Chaos Warbands is more than enough.

If this Edition were in Shyish and most of the Warbands were Chaos?...

• Like 2

@KingBrodd 

Nahhh, it'd be 8 different types of aelvan death subfactions. 😝🤣

Just playing. 

On another note, if ogors are finally getting some love I hope the artist behind the bloodbowl team is on board. Those faces are THE perfect mixture of human/monster for me and I would definitely be on board for at least a warband. The fella from cursed city is cool and all but just comes off as a large human. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

@KingBrodd 

Nahhh, it'd be 8 different types of aelvan death subfactions. 😝🤣

Just playing. 

On another note, if ogors are finally getting some love I hope the artist behind the bloodbowl team is on board. Those faces are THE perfect mixture of human/monster for me and I would definitely be on board for at least a warband. The fella from cursed city is cool and all but just comes off as a large human. 

Brutogg is a cool mini but too small. Ogors are literal monsters!!

4 hours ago, Enoby said:

Played since day one (summer 2019) and I can say with no doubt that Warcry is far better than AoS (I'm also a tournament player of AoS, in my country). Why? Simple rules, awesome scenery and leterally any faction good to have fun with.

Oh, and this time you have: 
- free core rules
- free compendium with 800 cards
- 3 different expansions coming for sure

really: the only reason to stay away from Warcry is not to enjoy playing skirmish games.

Edited by Holy_Diver
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

As a fan of Warcry, it was the terrain that put me off the new box, not a fan of the aesthetic and it looks a bit sparse on the table, especially compared to the first box or red harvest. Hopefully the next box has more Seraphon ruins.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I wouldn't use what's left on GW as an indicator of how well its sold as I'm sure people who bought it (like myself) bought it from a independent seller for extra discount. 

Obviously we'll never really know the sales numbers but I wouldn't be suprised if it sold better than the last few boxes. 

Not going to disagree as I have no idea what makes a release successful! Just very curious when I noticed. 

3 hours ago, Holy_Diver said:

Played since day one (summer 2019) and I can say with no doubt that Warcry is far better than AoS (I'm also a tournament player of AoS, in my country). Why? Simple rules, awesome scenery and leterally any faction good to have fun with.

Oh, and this time you have: 
- free core rules
- free compendium with 800 cards
- 3 different expansions coming for sure

really: the only reason to stay away from Warcry is not to enjoy playing skirmish games.

It looks a really cool game. I think the core rules will help make it more approachable as a core set is a big set to get! 

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Brutogg is a cool mini but too small. Ogors are literal monsters!!

I’m hoping for some Ogors. My pink ones are wanting a update!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I'm a big fan of Warcry. It's my favourite current gw game and knocking on the door of being my favourite ever. I didn't buy the box. It's chaos Vs chaos again and I already have several chaos warbands. It's more expensive for fewer minis and less terrain than the first edition starter. It really feels like the set is missing a tree. Another big watch tower sized tree and two or three more ropeways would have made a much more compelling set. 

Finally there are no beasts. Imagine if this box contained a set of savage Seraphon. 3 skinks, a couple of saurus and a Kroxigor. That's still fewer minis than the first edition starter which contained 6 furies and 6 killer turkeys but it would make for a pretty compelling purchase. 

22 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Who's claiming this? It's the first time I've heard this rumour. 

Probably some people on fb seeing some ogors and gargants stuff not available and jump to the conclusion that they are being merged. 

A more logical explanation would be ogors and sons are the 2 destruction battletomes coming this autumn. 

Seems all old start collecting boxes are temp unavailable and the beastclaw raider one is gone completely. 

Edited by Ogregut
  • Like 2