The Rumour Thread

Sword-wise, I’m going with Hedonites warband.

It has the Persian flair they’re rocking now with their nomadic journeys around the endless realms in search of harems, foods, and the occasional clue for their God’s prison.

I imagine Warcry warband to tie in with the failed Slaanesh attack on Excelsis. Remnants scattering away into the hungry wilds which leads them into the Gnarl Wood and see the celestial object as a way to contact Slaanesh(Seraphon did hide many artifacts that could reveal the prison, afterall. 2017 had a short story of them teleporting in a dungeon specifically to foil cultists that found a scrying artifact that could reveal the trapped god)

As for AoS this year, I imagine July will be the big announcement for further Thondia developments with the GHB and that rumored next spider-like Ghur Elemental (I hope the legs are made from realmstone, would be a fun contrast to the Krondspine’s central crystal) before it goes back to the update schedule.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Could the sword go with whoever wears these? 

FB_IMG_1654609949188.jpg

You are correct the sword belongs to this Dark elf model who is the first of many to be revealed. Also i have it on good authority that the Horus Heresy will finally reveal that one of the lost legions is Malerion Aelves.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On the metal boots on aelven statue bit.

Those look like the Stormcast design minus the rivets:

image.jpeg.281ca4851fd373472e0ade87ea428757.jpeg
image.jpeg.cadb246bd7cca81fd26e3e59b7073b5e.jpeg
Very form-fitting and you can see the lighter armored “Achilles Heel” at the back.

I’m thinking this year’s next Knight-Questor model. If Hysh based then it could be a new take on the Knight-Azyros to go with all the Angel flying themes in the Realm of Light and why it’s on a high base.

Lack of rivets could either be because of the higher station having better living armor to meld the parts together or a subtle showcase that time is passing and Grungni is improving the designs to their former smooth glory(instead of having to use rivets and braces because he rushed the Thunderstrike out in a few years compared to 500 years of preparation in the Age of Chaos)

Something a bit like Soulbound’s take:

image.jpeg.8479bedbe6460d9a5455a14aa5f208f9.jpeg

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

In regards to HH Summer we will still be getting our Summer Tomes and associated minis, so not all Doom and Gloom!!

We may also have another Seasons of War at some time!!

Exactly, its not like every week in July, August and September will be HH. 

We have Skaven and Sylvaneth in July. 

Still have the new warcry set, more Underworlds and 4 more battletomes in addition to Slave to darkness coming this side of Christmas (my guess is an army box before Xmas and full release in January). 

I'll be very suprised if that's all we get for the AoS side of things this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

Exactly, its not like every week in July, August and September will be HH. 

We have Skaven and Sylvaneth in July. 

Still have the new warcry set, more Underworlds and 4 more battletomes in addition to Slave to darkness coming this side of Christmas (my guess is an army box before Xmas and full release in January). 

I'll be very suprised if that's all we get for the AoS side of things this year. 

Don't forget csm, squats, ig and even world eaters on the release schedule, though, all of them are going to be big.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Don't forget csm, squats, ig and even world eaters on the release schedule, though, all of them are going to be big.

My guess is one kit for each Autumn battletome and nothing more. I don't expect a big Warcry release and I'm start to think that Cursed City is gonna be delayed again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Sword-wise, I’m going with Hedonites warband.

This is a good shout, I think, if the swamp guys are actually Nurgle aligned (assuming that wasn't a slip up in the advertising copy) then it would make sense that we'll see other god-specific warbands in this new season/phase of Warcry.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

This is a good shout, I think, if the swamp guys are actually Nurgle aligned (assuming that wasn't a slip up in the advertising copy) then it would make sense that we'll see other god-specific warbands in this new season/phase of Warcry.

I’d be amazed if they’re not Maggotkin to a degree. Even without noting they’re not in the Slaves to Darkness tome the first guy looks right out of Dark Soul’s Blight town with the rot swamp name & theme.

I feel that’s the most consistent rule of Chaos. Gather them in one place and they’ll battle eachother before the other Grand Alliances like with the Orb Infernia sub-realm over Aqshy. 

Sure they could unite and take control of the planetoid to re-conquer the Realm below but instead they separated into four continents while Seraphon entrenched in the center to keep them seperate and divided.

image.jpeg.319d61fcb495f00a87b3761cc4d908ac.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Haven't forgot them, just going over the AoS side of things.

I did forgot cursed city however. 

So things we know about to look forward to in the next 6 months 

6 battletomes (maybe 7 if StD is Dec) 

New Warcry box

Underworlds

Cursed city 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

12 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Haven't forgot them, just going over the AoS side of things.

I did forgot cursed city however. 

So things we know about to look forward to in the next 6 months 

6 battletomes (maybe 7 if StD is Dec) 

New Warcry box

Underworlds

Cursed city 

Very few miniatures indeed !

Summer of sigmar was quite disappointing,  then Nurgle only one hero, Fyreslayers & Idoneth only one hero , DoK only one hero, Nighthaunt two hero and a unit,Skaven only one hero, Sylvaneth one superhero and two units.

Autumn battletomes have probably only one hero each. Next big release ,after 3rd edition launch, is probably slaves to darkness end of the year/ January 2023 !!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Very few miniatures indeed !

Summer of sigmar was quite disappointing,  then Nurgle only one hero, Fyreslayers & Idoneth only one hero , DoK only one hero, Nighthaunt two hero and a unit,Skaven only one hero, Sylvaneth one superhero and two units.

Autumn battletomes have probably only one hero each. Next big release ,after 3rd edition launch, is probably slaves to darkness end of the year/ January 2023 !!!

If it is a new mega Gargant kit for SoB, it probably bigger then all the AoS release this year combined lol

problem is if next year is really the next edition of 40K  (despite people saying this is the year it won’t happen when they have been wrong the last two times already), historically AoS usually  takes a backseat when it comes to big releases during last half of the year when a new 40K edition comes out

10 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Can someone bring me up to speed. Why do folks think there's anything cursed city coming?

GW themselves anounced it

See here:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/03/05/saturday-pre-orders-fyreslayers-and-idoneth-deepkin-clash-and-cursed-city-returns/

At the end of the cured city part they say

upcoming expansions – which will bring even more trouble to Ulfenkarn later in the year.  

Edited by Sonnenspeer
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sonnenspeer said:

GW themselves anounced it

See here:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/03/05/saturday-pre-orders-fyreslayers-and-idoneth-deepkin-clash-and-cursed-city-returns/

At the end of the cured city part they say

upcoming expansions – which will bring even more trouble to Ulfenkarn later in the year.  

But it doesn't mention new models, does it?

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

2 hours ago, Enoby said:

I think (hope) it may be Hedonites, just with design similarities. It's not guaranteed, but GW do prefer to keep certain design types exclusive. 

Screenshot_20220607-163859_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20220607-163833_Google.jpg

IMG-20220607-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20220607-WA0001.jpg

Myrmidesh have the same segmentation on their boots, though I'll have to check when I have a moment if any of them have uncloven toes. The ruins also match the broken statue on Sigvald's base. I think this is either a Slaaneshi warcry band, or a twinsoul underworlds model.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Whitefang said:

2 hours ago, novakai said:

If it is a new mega Gargant kit for SoB, it probably bigger then all the AoS release this year combined lol

problem is if next year is really the next edition of 40K  (despite people saying this is the year it won’t happen when they have been wrong the last two times already), historically AoS usually  takes a backseat when it comes to big releases during last half of the year when a new 40K edition comes out

I really hope its a new Sons kit, not just for me personally but otherwise we will have had a very lacklustre 2022 and if there is a new 40K Edition next year, potentially a smaller 2023 as well. Which is annoying as it seems 3.0 of AOS hasnt even really started.

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

But it doesn't mention new models, does it?

@Whitefang gives hope and dashes it!! 2022 looks to be a very light AOS year. And if 40K is getting a new Edition next year, which seems insane cause I swear 9th dropped like 6 months ago, then it may be 2 slow years for us which is not fun at all.