The Rumour Thread

Far as future releases go I did not expect them to pretty much get two tomes out back to back (FS/IDK), much less them doing it twice (DoK/NH), and then a third time (??/??) + tome celestials/battlescrolls + another campaign book. It would be fun with more and they're probably hiding their Christmas/winters reveals away from us now. It could still become better yet it hasn't been a bad year, is all I'm saying.

On a similar note, not saying you should sit down and be happy cause, well... When it comes to salt I pretty much own a salt mine conglomerate by now. 😂

Edited by pnkdth
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Unfortunately it will probably be Tyranids next. I'd love to be wrong though. 

Yeah I would imagine Seasons of War may be a May release but damn I'd love an April release!!

I need to know narratively what Destruction are upto and what hints into the future the narrative holds. Itll be our first real glimpse since BR at Alarielles Life Spell and perhaps that's changed the Mega Gargants in that its given the next World Titan a growth spurt or has somehow enlarged the Ogors ravenous appetite and they themselves have grown bigger to tease a new unit for the Mawtribes!!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Damascus said:

Really hope that box isn't as expensive as the 40k Fronteris one. There is less terrain but it does include the new Incarnate so I could see them pricing it the same

Edited by Matrindur

27 minutes ago, The Damascus said:

YES I CALLED IT!! HUZZAH IM SO EXCITED FOR MORE NARRATIVE CONTENT!!

Yes that's made my day, so excited to get my hands on the book.

Love that Thondia has Lore Beastiary, really looking forward to what monsters we have yet seen in the book fully realised.

Also it appears that the New Model day has been changed to Thursday and will be Horus Heresy themed for April.

• Like 10
  • LOVE IT! 1

Oof. Hope leaked pic which said Hedonites are up for their own Tome Celestial was from the upcoming one and not a doctored photo. 😅 *huffs some hopium*

Edit: HoS scheduled for May. Huzzah!

Edited by pnkdth
  • Like 3

This new book is absolutely astonishing for me. I've been playing ALL my games in Thondia since I started playing Age of Sigmar. I was playing in Thondia before it was called Thondia! Hell, we even finished a skirmish campaign set in the ruins of Dovgarak, a ruined city of my own in the foothills of the Khrondspine Mountains, which finished with an ancient king releasing a primordial magical entity into the realms!

It's as if Phil Kelly and Ben Johnson turned up at my house to watch our games so they could decide what the studio needed to do next.

To finish, here is the moment just before the Krondspine Incarnate first appeared in the Mortal Realms! (According to my gaming group!)

IMG_0648.jpeg.869f8c799b3d8af90f7c556f2d151776.jpeg

Edited by Greyshadow
  • Like 10
  • LOVE IT! 3

31 minutes ago, Greyshadow said:

This new book is absolutely astonishing for me. I've been playing ALL my games in Thondia since I started playing Age of Sigmar. I was playing in Thondia before it was called Thondia! Hell, we even finished a skirmish campaign set in the ruins of Dovgarak, a ruined city of my own in the foothills of the Khrondspine Mountains, which finished with an ancient king releasing a primordial magical entity into the realms!

It's as if Phil Kelly and Ben Johnson turned up at my house to watch our games so they could decide what the studio needed to do next.

To finish, here is the moment just before the Krondspine Incarnate first appeared in the Mortal Realms! (According to my gaming group!)

IMG_0648.jpeg.869f8c799b3d8af90f7c556f2d151776.jpeg

Do my non-existent eyes deceive me? A fellow Tomb Kings player?! 

Jokes aside, the Thondia campaign seems like a wonderful lore expansion for the Era of the Beast. I sincerely hope that these books offer more insight into the various factions of the Mortal Realms, and potentially reveal a couple of new ones (Chaos Dwarfs and Tomb Kings reboot please!). 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Seasons of War contents!! Looks like 36ish pages of juicy lore!!

20220403_185405.jpg

From a competitive aspect, I wouldn’t even consider buying it,

yet its narrative content is so interesting That this id definitely more interesting than what the ghb usually offers.

I also just started a path to glory campaign with a group of friends (allowing all of us to use anvil of apotheosis rules and the old legend warscrolls)

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

From a competitive aspect, I wouldn’t even consider buying it,

yet its narrative content is so interesting That this id definitely more interesting than what the ghb usually offers.

I also just started a path to glory campaign with a group of friends (allowing all of us to use anvil of apotheosis rules and the old legend warscrolls)

It's not the ghb though. That's still coming. I do like the idea of different battlepacks though. It's a choice of a different way to play rather than layering more things on top of what we have. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

It's not the ghb though. That's still coming. I do like the idea of different battlepacks though. It's a choice of a different way to play rather than layering more things on top of what we have. 

Oh I really hope this isn’t the ghb, I would hate missing put on so many points update needed in this system

surely gw can’t leave the many horde units left alone.

it is time they get a points reduction.

4 hours ago, Greyshadow said:

Happens at times. We played the resurrection of Nagash campaign in which Mannfred would try to get Nagash‘s power by resurrecting him. Several battles were required to find all of nagashs tomes, and a maid to sacrifice.

ten months and ~10ish battles with narrative reports (on a german forum) later the End Times dropped and the whole Nagash arc was almost identical 🤣

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

The Thing is: I don’t feel like buying anything anymore. No matter how good the product might be (this one seems great imo).

i‘ve reached a point of utmost saturation.

I kind of have the same problem. I have so many things to build/paint within this hobby to last a year easily. Its becoming hard to justify buying any of the awesome things they keep releasing. They released awesome stuff for almost all armies that i own within a year. With Warclans, Nighthaunt, Aeldari, Orks, Sylvaneth rumoured next and the chance of Gloomspite Gitz soon after that will be all of them. RIP money u will be missed.

• Like 1