The Rumour Thread

56 minutes ago, Nos said:

Yeah, I'm hoping they look a bit more distinctive than these first few reveals.  If we'd seen these as leaked images out of context I'm not sure we'd be calling SQUATS!

Edit: Actually, they are growing on me already, especially if I imagine them painted up a bit more metal/brass and steampunkish.

Edited by EntMan

18 minutes ago, Nos said:

17 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

It wasn't a joke, they are really releasing a new 40k faction this year with space dwarves! This really show 40k is the focus of the year, as AOS was the focus of the last one. Pretty big eldar release + new faction should take most of the big release slots.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/04/02/what-april-fools-the-41st-millenniums-next-faction-is-real-heres-a-model-to-prove-it/

14 minutes ago, Kronos said:

A WHOLE NEW 40K FACTION!? SWEET BEHEMAT THEYRE LEARNING!! 

If they were to release a whole new Xeno Faction with an aesthetic I liked I may just get into 40K!! Or make Ogryns their own Faction...

Regardless amazing news for Squats or should I say Leagues of Votann fans!! 

@Beliman @Public Universal Duardin @King Under the Mountain @Clan's Cynic 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 4

8 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

If they were to release a whole new Xeno Faction with an aesthetic I liked I may just get into 40K!! Or make Ogryns their own Faction...

BY LONG LOST NEHEKHARA! It’s not only a new faction, but one that’s not a different flavor of Space Marine…. Also if they’re releasing squats that means that the Dark Mechanicus has a chance of coming to the big table….

• LOVE IT! 1

It is so weird, never has a 40k release seemed more appropriate for this forum. I really don;t think I can afford 40k but I will say that this has me hyped. 

I don't see the issues with people saying it is a boring design it is space suit KO... Which is really awesome although I hope they have big bubble helmets to complete the look

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

It is so weird, never has a 40k release seemed more appropriate for this forum. I really don;t think I can afford 40k but I will say that this has me hyped. 

I don't see the issues with people saying it is a boring design it is space suit KO... Which is really awesome although I hope they have big bubble helmets to complete the look

image.png.ec9f80e62f7a45ffc0138b1417fa06a7.png

Edited by EntMan
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Lengthster said:

Friendship ended with Kharadron, now Leagues of Votann is my best friend.

Too lazy to make the image, just imagine it, you already know the format.

I am absolutely thinking of making a hybrid proxy space Kharadron army with an imperial knight ironclad kitbash proxy hybrid thing.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Looks like I'm starting a new 40K army in 2022!!!!

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 5

Big meh. Still of the opinion that they should be updating already existing factions fully and introducing lore-existing factions onto the tabletop before bringing back Squats. But regardless, I'm sure they'll do a better job with this incarnation than the original which did fully deserve to disappear. Unlike space elves and space orcs, GWs space dwarfs were never able to make themselves feel distinct model or lorewise.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

Big meh. Still of the opinion that they should be updating already existing factions fully and introducing lore-existing factions onto the tabletop before bringing back Squats. But regardless, I'm sure they'll do a better job with this incarnation than the original which did fully deserve to disappear. Unlike space elves and space orcs, GWs space dwarfs were never able to make themselves feel distinct model or lorewise.

I mean, squats are a lore existing faction. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Thanks. I will eventually revert back to something more Mortal Realms, but SQUATS! for now.

Squats are part of the mortal realms they are just KO that are using more advanced tech to invade the 41st Millennium and everyone here knows it! 😇

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

It's more spacce suits though. From a painting perspective those are all components ready available throughout 40k- space suit, human head, cool gun. 

I was hoping for something more like the Nordic Jerkin wearing Frontiersman sort of aesthetic, like the Necromunda guy. That would have been an interesting theme to develop and a much needed injection of some of the punkish energy of Rogue Trader and 40k that is being buried under corporate sheen right now.

More Dwarfs who are heavily armoured and technologically proficient in a Universe populated by numerous existing heavily armoured factions who are technologically proficient? Yawn.

Hopefully there will be Dwarf Women though. That would be exciting.

Screenshot_20220402-173548_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Nos
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

• Subscriber

Will need to see what their helmets look like, but I like the look of the suit. 

Got to think if it's a fullish range, there will be plenty of bits that could be used in KO conversions 

The main question being who or what is Votann?

13 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

Will need to see what their helmets look like, but I like the look of the suit. 

Got to think if it's a fullish range, there will be plenty of bits that could be used in KO conversions 

The main question being who or what is Votann?

I knew I recognized the name, the Votan was already used in the Defiance show for the aliens who came to earth https://aliens.fandom.com/wiki/Votan

As for actual inspiration, the only real life example I could find is a Mayan god which... does not seem likely for space dwarves. https://mayansandtikal.com/mayan-mythology/votan/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EonChao said:

So that's all the major factions from Rogue Trader present in 40k in some form or other again. What a time to be alive. I get wishing AoS would get more love but honestly they don't seem to have put a foot wrong with 40k this year.

If ten years ago, you had told me I would one day say the words "I'd better finish painting my genestealer cultists before they release the squats", I would have laughed, or assumed time travel was somehow involved. I mostly got bored with 40K because it was all space marines, and the same old factions getting all the love. Of late I've really gotten back into it though, as they have absolutely diversified the range. There will always be too many space marines, but at least some of the Age of Sigmar style creativity is finding its way back into 40K too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2