The Rumour Thread

since we are on the topic of Apps, here what they said about it in Adepticon and their acknowledgement of the current state (for 40K version anyway)

GW was asked directly; "when will the list building app not suck?"

- entire application department has been restructured under Mike Brandt.
- Mike admitted and owned the fact that the application is in a bad state and talked about the plans moving forward.
- goal is to not make it good enough you would want to use it but make it so good you wouldn't want to use something else.

- big update planned for May that's supposed to be the first step in that plan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Iksdee said:

I dont mind unlocking the warscrolls with the battletome as long as i dont have to pay for the app. The army builder can still be used for all armies.

100% this.

Whilst it’s nice having access to all the warscrolls, in reality I don’t look at them apart from the ones for models I have. Anything I’m interested in for the future, I’ll watch some battle reports and read some reviews to get a feel for them as I find it difficult to theory hammer

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Feii said:

The leak that was so far 100% correct said Squats are in the pipeline. Also weird that they teased this trailer yesterday. 

Could be they wanted this trailer to be treated as announcement/teaser instead of April Fools joke that isn't real

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Zerthin said:

Could be they wanted this trailer to be treated as announcement/teaser instead of April Fools joke that isn't real

Well they could have done this on a day that isn’t April 1st in that case. I think this is real and it’s just a bad attempt at a kind of double bluff. If it is just an April fool it’s a lot of effort and pretty cruel. 

I really hate April fools day. 

Edited by Still-young
  • Like 4

Pretty sure GW would not take the risk to upset their customer with an April fool, would be suicidal from a business point of view.

But maybe we'll not see a full Squat faction, just a new unit for Astra Militarum? Future will tell.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tijee said:

Pretty sure GW would not take the risk to upset their customer with an April fool, would be suicidal from a business point of view.

But maybe we'll not see a full Squat faction, just a new unit for Astra Militarum? Future will tell.

Because it's Squats, it is real.

Remember the rules, every rumour that would add to Dwarf or Halfling armies is true. 

Edited by zilberfrid
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Feii said:

The leak that was so far 100% correct said Squats are in the pipeline. Also weird that they teased this trailer yesterday. 

It’s because, that not à April fools reveal : a space hulk reedition incoming with termina-squat of chaos against space silence people !!!!

• Haha 1

Just now, EntMan said:

My Hopium is so wearing off. No signs of any other possible GW April fools, and it's past 12 noon in the UK, and they do usually do an April fool. So I think this must be the April fool for 2022 😭

Unless... the April fool is that this isn't actually an April fool! That's possible right? Right?

• Like 1