The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, Kronos said:

Speaking of Marketing, I wish they did more animations akin to what they did for Morathi, the video and voice actor for that was brilliant!

Unrelated, but related, why don’t they want my Malerion money? I’m willing to give it to them, this money, and I’m sure they want the money. All I’m asking for is Malerion. GW, have the Malerion Money and give me Malerion. 

Because they don’t need your money since all that matters in the end is the space marine money

• Sad 1

New White dwarf rules update for BoK was posted earlier on fb but got removed.

Here is what I remember seeing:

Altar: If someone is garrisoned in the altar, they can cast an invocation like a priest and benefit from the usual rerol for prayers from  the altar . Enemy wizards who do a miscast take d6 mw instead of d3  if the altar is on the table.

New battle trait : every BoK units can roll a dice when affected by a spell, on a 6 they ignore it. 

It's better than nothing 😅 but we are far from what BoK needed. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

Altar: If someone is garrisoned in the altar, they can cast an invocation like a priest and benefit from the usual rerol for prayers from  the altar . Enemy wizards who do a miscast take d6 mw instead of d3  if the altar is on the table.

New battle trait : every BoK units can roll a dice when affected by a spell, on a 6 they ignore it. 

Thats pretty lame. For a faction that is supposed to be monster in combat they are very wet noodled 

25 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I heard again that the Core Battalion system is gonna change. None of the books and Tome Celestial are gonna include any  Core Battalion because of that.

It wouldn't be the biggest loss, since barely any of the faction specific core battalions saw any use, anyway. But it's a weird change to make one year into a new edition after printing a bunch of them.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/6074

Pictures

• Sad 1

I just can't understand why the God of Blood and War is so hard to write fitting rules for :( Surely "good at killing" should be easy to translate onto gameplay? 

But at the moment, Khorne isn't the God of War, he's the "God of I-Don't-Like-Magic-Except-If-You-Call-It-A-Prayer" - it's really uninspired and just not very fun to play. To not go too off topic into the "state of the game" thread, I think rules like this is what cause people to fall out of love with AoS. You have a fantastic looking army with some visceral lore, only for that to be compounded by boring rules that just don't fit. 

• Like 15

Lol this wd update is useless, i am really disappointed

-No mostrous rampage for bts

-No new Core battalions (and this hurts a lot)

-Nothing that helps vs shooting

-literally no buffs to mortals

Guess ill enjoy getting tabled turn 1 from SCE/DOK/Seraphon (or literally anything that got a bow trown at them)

But hey, i'll ignore magic at 6 now and got a grand strategy that is completelly impossible to do lol

I am so salty atm

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

If we believe that the summer tomes will be Skaven and Sylvaneth, that leaves the following armies without a 3.0 update:

Gitz, Ogors, FEC, Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Lumineth

That hurts!, the 4Q starts in six months so these 6 armies are the next Tome Celestial updates.

The two 4Q Battletomes are gonna be two factions with an early Tome Celestial.

7 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

So...if we'll get a tome this edition it surely will not be in the near future.

By the battletome pattern so far, yes, I wouldn't expect a new tome before next year. This can change trough, all it takes is one of the factions that got tome celestials getting a new tome before one that didn't.

29 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

If we believe that the summer tomes will be Skaven and Sylvaneth, that leaves the following armies without a 3.0 update:

Gitz, Ogors, FEC, Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Lumineth

Judging by faction representation so far, Gitz, Ogors and FEC are the safest bets to get a new tome latter this year.

50 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I just can't understand why the God of Blood and War is so hard to write fitting rules for :( Surely "good at killing" should be easy to translate onto gameplay? 

But at the moment, Khorne isn't the God of War, he's the "God of I-Don't-Like-Magic-Except-If-You-Call-It-A-Prayer" - it's really uninspired and just not very fun to play. To not go too off topic into the "state of the game" thread, I think rules like this is what cause people to fall out of love with AoS. You have a fantastic looking army with some visceral lore, only for that to be compounded by boring rules that just don't fit. 

I think the problem is that to fix the dissonance in khorne rules with their lore you need to re-write their units warscrolls, which wouldn't happen with a tome celestial. You would expect their units to have the best attack profiles, but they probably need to take way all the buff bubbles the faction has to do so.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

By the battletome pattern so far, yes, I wouldn't expect a new tome before next year. This can change trough, all it takes is one of the factions that got tome celestials getting a new tome before one that didn't.

It gets more likely the more time passes since the first Tome Celestial. I still don't think it's super likely that an army will get a Tome Celestial, and then a Battletome within six month of that, but after a year or more I don't see a reason that it should be impossible. By that point, the Tome Celestial has done its work as a stop gap.

However, the first Tomes Celestial we got were Sons, Slaves to Darkness, Seraphon and Soulblight, none of which strike me as particularly likely candidates for a new Battletome. But then again, neither did Daughters of Khaine.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 2

There is a relatively clear pattern of one chaos god book a year. I fully expect the blades of Khorne to get theirs in january (maybe a tad delayed as it was the case with nurgle).

Khorne just needs better units, which can’t be done in a tome celestial.

Thematic would be units that are pretty straight forward but just very good in combat. So that other armies can beat them - in melee even - but not without tricks.

I‘d also change Relentless fury to a command ability. Khorne doesn’t care who dies, just how many skulls he gets.

33 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

Judging by faction representation so far, Gitz, Ogors and FEC are the safest bets to get a new tome latter this year.

I think the problem is that to fix the dissonance in khorne rules with their lore you need to re-write their units warscrolls, which wouldn't happen with a tome celestial. You would expect their units to have the best attack profiles, but they probably need to take way all the buff bubbles the faction has to do so.

If they don't stop publishing Tome Celestial it is impossible for any of these 6 factions to receive a new Battletome later this year

1 hour ago, Arzalyn said:

KO Will be the next to get a tome celestial.

IMG-20220311-WA0008.jpg

White Dwarfs usually pack some lore stuff appart from rules.

I'm really interested in knowing why some Kharadrons have Fyreslayer's Ur-Gold runes on their flesh when they follow a Leader of Duardrazhal Runefather...

Maybe our Leaders of Duardrazha Admirals are going to accept other Duardins on our Skyvessels...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

Actually, it would be super easy - in fact, they've already written a set of army rules that are more or less perfect for representing the expected playstyle of Khorne! But then they gave them to the Ironjawz instead.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

If they don't stop publishing Tome Celestial it is impossible for any of these 6 factions to receive a new Battletome later this year

They probably will soon enough. I personally doubt we gonna see them past june, which would leave factions without one for the second half of the year.

40 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It gets more likely the more time passes since the first Tome Celestial. I still don't think it's super likely that an army will get a Tome Celestial, and then a Battletome within six month of that, but after a year or more I don't see a reason that it should be impossible. By that point, the Tome Celestial has done its work as a stop gap.

However, the first Tomes Celestial we got were Sons, Slaves to Darkness, Seraphon and Soulblight, none of which strike me as particularly likely candidates for a new Battletome. But then again, neither did Daughters of Khaine.

It will be interesting to see how close they follow the release order when those tomes start appearing. I guess they will more or less follow the release order with some wild cards, like DoK, to not make the releases totally predictable.

1 hour ago, Arzalyn said:

I'd wager the Autumn Tome silhouettes will be Death and Destruction and FEC and Gitz will round out those Tomes!! 

49 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Seraphon or STD be the first Tome Celestials turned into BTs.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

They probably will soon enough. I personally doubt we gonna see them past june, which would leave factions without one for the second half of the year.

It will be interesting to see how close they follow the release order when those tomes start appearing. I guess they will more or less follow the release order with some wild cards, like DoK, to not make the releases totally predictable.

Dok are getting a tome, they have already announced that weeks ago

I’m not very certain how that isn’t predictable.