The Rumour Thread

14 minutes ago, Perturbato said:

Well i see absolutely nothing pointing toward a skaven origin here but it looks like i'm the only one.

My idea was the skaven wern't spawned as baby but fully combative slaves out of slave mothers

It's got big teeth and looks like a rat tail on the left side I guess.

Skaven have normal growth periods as far as we know, although I'm not sure if broodmothers are still around in aos 

36 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I've no idea. Something completely new for AoS? SbweiseUTIjo9MgL.jpg.b61c15c1ff53cb29474d1b3f7396545c.jpg

The number of fingers doesn't seem to correlate to any existing race in the setting that I can think of. However it does remind me of some of the old WHFB illustrations of spites, before AoS made them exclusively arthropods.

I do wonder if maybe this could be something to do with the Kurnothi? I could imagine a little creature like this as a minor detail on a new Orion/Kurnoth model. Perhaps kurnothi spites are more mammalian-looking?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ratboy genius said:

It's got big teeth and looks like a rat tail on the left side I guess.

Skaven have normal growth periods as far as we know, although I'm not sure if broodmothers are still around in aos 

Skaven got popped up from the old world in the mortal realms so broodmothers are still there.

In one of the fyreslayers novellas they are even mentioned iirc when the lodge destroy their tunnels iirc.

Do Skaven have three fingers and toes? I feel like that either rules them in or out.

-Its nose doesn’t look very ratty to me. 

-The ‘appendage’ on the left does sort of resemble a rat’s tail, however. 

-The skull is a good point of reference for scale. If only GW had some lines with skulls on them… 😅

-Is it clutching a bone?

In conclusion, I have no idea 😂

Much as I hate to say it, is there anything 40k this might fit? 

• Like 3

What a strange rumour engine, there's an almost comedic bent to it, maybe something for the bloodbowl line? 

For some reason it gives me FEC vibes, though I have no real basis for that.  The shape on the left of the image is interesting too, I'm stumped on this one!  Best guess is an oddball sculpt for cursed city or something.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

19 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

What a strange rumour engine, there's an almost comedic bent to it, maybe something for the bloodbowl line? 

For some reason it gives me FEC vibes, though I have no real basis for that.  The shape on the left of the image is interesting too, I'm stumped on this one!  Best guess is an oddball sculpt for cursed city or something.

This is a good guess, it has a kind of gargoyle pose and look to it.

Edit: Shaggoth is another good guess.

16 minutes ago, Copywolf said:

My bet is either something Kurnothi or a reimagining of the little creatures that are in the Shaggoth's hair.

Edited by Iksdee