The Rumour Thread

44 minutes ago, Nos said:

Man the new dice sets are really rubbish these days huh

Most of the older ones in 2.0 were really creative and felt like novel products as of themselves 

These are just like

Blue dice

Orange dice

Ehhhhh... One of the major complaints of the fancy dice was that they were pretty much unusable, either because they rolled very poorly (Squig, Death Guard, etc) or were unreadable at a glance (old IDK dice, Sylvaneth, etc). 

These newer dice are definitely less interesting visually, but they're certainly clearer. £24 RRP is a lot to ask for such 'plain' designs though.

I always found the WarmaHordes dice a nice in-between. Unique visually, but still pretty clear.

65a0fb7ee3200c424997dad8d1006957--dice-i

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Ehhhhh... One of the major complaints of the fancy dice was that they were pretty much unusable, either because they rolled very poorly (Squig, Death Guard, etc) or were unreadable at a glance (old IDK dice, Sylvaneth, etc). 

These newer dice are definitely less interesting visually, but they're certainly clearer. £24 RRP is a lot to ask for such 'plain' designs though.

I always found the WarmaHordes dice a nice in-between. Unique visually, but still pretty clear.

65a0fb7ee3200c424997dad8d1006957--dice-i

Those are nice.

I tend to write lists around throwing as few dice as possible. 

I played with a friends Gitz army a few times and had blobs of 60 shooters etc. I just didn't ever roll for them in combat. They were there to get punched.

2 minutes ago, EntMan said:

image.png.6495a4cd543d280e5abbc53304df9605.png

Am I missing something, or couldn't you already get them outside of Start Collecting (except for at the same price as Start Collecting so why would you?) 

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Auric-Runefather-on-Magmadroth

You are correct. IIRC, if you tried to actually buy them from the webstore they'd just send you the SC box anyway. If they're being officially reboxed, there's a chance of saving money I guess, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

1 minute ago, madmac said:

You are correct. IIRC, if you tried to actually buy them from the webstore they'd just send you the SC box anyway. If they're being officially reboxed, there's a chance of saving money I guess, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Magmadroths were £50 before the Start Collecting released at the same price. My guess is they'll stay at £60 or be a little higher.

I think them being released separately definitely suggests we'll be getting a Vanguard box, since there's no reason to release it standalone otherwise.

3 minutes ago, madmac said:

Well either the price of on it's own will reduce, or the price of Start Collecting will go up...

8 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Well either the price of on it's own will reduce, or the price of Start Collecting will go up...

I think they're just going to drop the start collecting box like they have with the other 3rd edition releases. The separate Magmadroth will probably cost the same as the start collecting does now.

13 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

I think they're just going to drop the start collecting box like they have with the other 3rd edition releases. The separate Magmadroth will probably cost the same as the start collecting does now.

Wonder if they will just do a Vanguard box with the whole set of kits in …

22 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

They really want to sell them Fyreslayers!

On another topic, I have the original Idoneth dice and they are literally unusable. They look like glaciar mints and you can barely tell what one result is, let alone rolling in a game.

I don't see any reason to buy the dice other than wanting to collect them, but these look like you can use them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Magmadroths were £50 before the Start Collecting released at the same price. My guess is they'll stay at £60 or be a little higher.

I think them being released separately definitely suggests we'll be getting a Vanguard box, since there's no reason to release it standalone otherwise.

I wonder if they are dropping them from the vanguard box. It would make sense to sell separately if this is the case. I hope it's not, as it would mean a really boring vanguard box of vulkites, heartguard e maybe 2 heroes.

Another small rules rumour.

Bob on war of sigmar (who has books early and posts opinions / reviews as soon as they go on pre-order) is stating the Idoneth book is strong and should be good in the current meta.

This chimes with everything I've heard so far from my own sources.

So while it might be sad we aren't seeing much in terms of new models, not even getting endless spells etc, it sounds like the new book will be very welcomed by the Idoneth community.

Although it's a relief to know we won't be stuck with a terrible book for 3.0, I'm personally hoping we can see some more build variety especially in the casual scene.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Bob on war of sigmar (who has books early and posts opinions / reviews as soon as they go on pre-order) is stating the Idoneth book is strong and should be good in the current meta.

So while it might be sad we aren't seeing much in terms of new models, not even getting endless spells etc, it sounds like the new book will be very welcomed by the Idoneth community.

Although it's a relief to know we won't be stuck with a terrible book for 3.0, I'm personally hoping we can see some more build variety especially in the casual scene.

In general I think the Idoneth 1st ed. book aged fairly well. While initially eel spam was the one dominant strategy, over time with FAQs and the update from Broken Realms, other lists became possible as well. All the while the power level seems to have been high enough that Idoneth could compete in tournaments.

If GW is smart they will not change too much about the Idoneth tome. Cleaning up the 1st ed. jank and updating everything to 3rd ed. standards will hopefully be the priority. Idoneth have a small range but, at this point, very few of their kits are competitive duds, apart from some of the small heroes.

Fyreslayers will be much more of an uphill battle. The only good list they ever had, to my knowledge, was Hearthguard spam when you could still stack wards to make them unkillable. That was a frustrating list to play against and likely not where GW sees the future of the faction. We have not seen much of the new book, but I welcome the decision to makes Runesons on Magmadroth a conditional battleline choice. I think with a faction as small as Fyreslayers, in the absence of new kits, their units need as much flexibility as possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

In the same blogpost from bob I have read that he says the Chaos summer battletome will be Khorne. First time reading his blog, so it was the first time he said that or there are more placed where I can find further information? Becase I was also leaning more to Skaven vs Sylvaneth.

17 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Magmadroths were £65 when they came out, and then artificially reduced to £50 with the Start Collecting on account of that being the only way to buy them. Maybe £60, but definitely more than the cost of the Start Collecting. 

Edited by Still-young

1 hour ago, EonChao said:

Out of curiousity regarding the shift from Start Collecting to Vanguard boxes, did the Maggotkin Battletome include an image of the the Nurgle Vanguard box in the same way the 9th ed Codex include a picture of the combat patrol?

It did not, no mention or pictures of it in there.