The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, madmac said:

Yeah, that's uh. that's...not gonna help much after seeing what they did to the new warscrolls. Pretty much the only hope for Fyreslayers at this point is if they buffed the heck out of Magmadroths.

I have some faith to see more than one battle trait (Fyreslayers only have one, instead of 3+ like all others).

A bodyguard ability for all Fyreslayers units could be gamechanging.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I have some faith to see more than one battle trait (Fyreslayers only have one, instead of 3+ like all others).

Most other factions have 2-3 battle traits so im hoping your right. So far previewing the use of the same once per battle activated stuff isnt giving me much confidence that ill need to change my list beyond spamming just HGB

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Grimnir's Sacrifice

When a Fyreslayer <Hero> suffers a wound, on the roll of a 6+ any Fyreslayer non-Hero model within 1" is removed from play and the wound on the Hero ignored. This ability can only be used by a unit once per battle and a Hero can only ignore a wound this way once.

"A huge improvement for the survivability of Fyreslayer champions!"
- Warhammer Community, probably. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Clan&#x27;s Cynic said:

Grimnir's Sacrifice

When a Fyreslayer <Hero> suffers a wound, on the roll of a 6+ any Fyreslayer non-Hero model within 1" is removed from play and the wound on the Hero ignored. This ability can only be used by a unit once per battle and a Hero can only ignore a wound this way once.

"A huge improvement for the survivability of Fyreslayer champions!"
- Warhammer Community, probably. 

Seems I cant react with the 'sad' and 'haha' at the same time...

I'm really glad the changes they made for BoC are significant. Especially when comparing them to their Broken Realms counterpart, these changes help a lot - maybe we'll even see more regular success in tournaments. -2 rend on mass bestigors is pretty great.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I want to play you if you can roll 40 dice and only get 3 sixes! 🤣🤣

It's simple math. Throwing Axes hit on 4s, so on average half of them miss. Then you're rolling 20 dice to wound, and 1/6th of that is about 3-4 MWs on average. Effects that trigger on 6s to wound are a lot worse than effects that trigger on 6s to hit.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I'm really glad the changes they made for BoC are significant. Especially when comparing them to their Broken Realms counterpart, these changes help a lot - maybe we'll even see more regular success in tournaments. -2 rend on mass bestigors is pretty great.

Yeah, my mourning over Fyreslayers aside, the BoC changes are fantastic. Really simple but effective changes that totally change how the army plays.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Snarff said:

This probably confirms no new units for Fyreslayers then, shame. 😭 Even the battletome art is reused.

I'm truly happy we didn't get souped though, there is still hope for a proper update now.

No Soup is Good Soup!! Fingers crossed for a sneaky surprise of some kind but hopefully Fyreslayers recieve a unit or at least Warcry/Underworlds Warband.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Snarff said:

This probably confirms no new units for Fyreslayers then, shame. 😭 Even the battletome art is reused.

I'm truly happy we didn't get souped though, there is still hope for a proper update now.

I dont think you should expect any new unit for any updated faction this year. 1 hero and updated 3rd edition tome is likely how 2022 is gonna look.

3 hours ago, madmac said:

Yeah, that's uh. that's...not gonna help much after seeing what they did to the new warscrolls. Pretty much the only hope for Fyreslayers at this point is if they buffed the heck out of Magmadroths.

Removing special ability from old scrolls and then put them somewhere else is gonna be a normality for 3E

• Thanks 5

23 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Removing special ability from old scrolls and then put them somewhere else is gonna be a normality for 3E

I'm not sure where that other place would be for Fyreslayers, but I sincerely hope it's not stashed away in the handful of mediocre once per battle abilities that has always been the rune activation allegiance ability.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 5:58 AM, Matrindur said:

Also both have the same size but different weight but thats probably just packaging so they should be staying at 16 per box

Well, for what it's worth I just weighed some Dryad sprues. The spreadsheet shows a 70g increase in weight, this is what 69g looks like:

IMG_20220210_181201210.jpg

For 4 dryads you get 1 of the top sprue and 1 of the bottom. I just weighed 3 to make up for the bits already removed...

So while it is probably just packaging changes I will for now hope for 20s.

Edit: as pointed out further down the thread the actual increase is 7g not 70g! So no extra dryads and I'm bad at maths...

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just a reminder for people: Warhammer community always releases pretty lackluster previews for these smaller battletomes. Nurgle battletome got 1, just 1 article, that previewed only diseased weapons (okay they also got path to glory preview, but whatever). No mention of fnp 5+ for all, no mention of wheel, no mention of important unit changes. The fact that they only gave brief glimpse at the fyreslayer rune system doesn't mean that this is all they get. With that said... I'm not gonna lie that more than any other battletome they've ever released, this one is giving me insane anxiety. It can be absolute disaster if it's not done right.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, angrycontra said:

Just a reminder for people: Warhammer community always releases pretty lackluster previews for these smaller battletomes. Nurgle battletome got 1, just 1 article, that previewed only diseased weapons (okay they also got path to glory preview, but whatever). No mention of fnp 5+ for all, no mention of wheel, no mention of important unit changes. The fact that they only gave brief glimpse at the fyreslayer rune system doesn't mean that this is all they get. With that said... I'm not gonna lie that more than any other battletome they've ever released, this one is giving me insane anxiety. It can be absolute disaster if it's not done right.

Absolutely, for the last tomes they skipped the interesting ones. On a bright side, they are showing some rules at least. It probably means they will have a better fate than Slaanesh, which got a rule preview of the same rules on the last day before the content creators started showing the full rules.

• Like 1

I'm hoping we see the tides table and some news on forgotten nightmares for Idoneth. High tide is one of the most powerful allegiance abilities that they've ever made. Forgotten nightmares is niche, but with the number of shooting units in the meta also has potential to be very potent.

Im fully expecting an A or S tier tome based on playtesters and competitive teams preparing for summer events.