The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Virgin 40K fan: Magnus did nothing wrong!!!

Chad AoS enjoyer: Elves did everything wrong.

Uncultured Aeldari-weebs: When will Xenos matter?
Cultured Aelf-otaku: Aelves did everything wrong and that is why we have narrative progress.

Epic Duardin and Squat Fans:
1457975259-armwrestle.gif?resize=980:*

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • LOVE IT! 3

2 hours ago, willange said:

All-new units would be sick for gitz, as well as model updates for madcap shaman and spider riders/boss.

That said, the primary thing that book needs is just a tune up.

From what I've heard here on the forum, there's a decent chance that the Gloomspite Gitz and the Spiderfang are going their separate ways into different armies, but even if so, the GSG would be pretty fine with a new tome and a new Madcap Shaman. We have a LOT of new models, and although it'd be nice to see a new type of troggoth (plastic Troggoth Hag maybe?) and maybe a new Loonboss Wif Giant Cave Squig, We're probably getting the "new-character-and-tome" treatment. I just want to play with my 7k points of GSG and not feel like a chump again...

5 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Uncultured Aeldari-weebs: When will Xenos matter?
Cultured Aelf-otaku: Aelves did everything wrong and that is why we have narrative progress.

Epic Duardin and Squat Fans:
1457975259-armwrestle.gif?resize=980:*

If Squats returned I would have no choice but to return to 40K! 

15 minutes ago, Aztok said:

From what I've heard here on the forum, there's a decent chance that the Gloomspite Gitz and the Spiderfang are going their separate ways into different armies, but even if so, the GSG would be pretty fine with a new tome and a new Madcap Shaman. We have a LOT of new models, and although it'd be nice to see a new type of troggoth (plastic Troggoth Hag maybe?) and maybe a new Loonboss Wif Giant Cave Squig, We're probably getting the "new-character-and-tome" treatment. I just want to play with my 7k points of GSG and not feel like a chump again...

Wait, for real? Sounds like a game of telephone because you'd think GW's modus operandi would be to squat Spiderfang rather than make them into an AoS faction.

• LOVE IT! 1

Tbh as a gitz player id be fine with spiders being split off, gsg roster is kinda big i always thought spiders went bettet with savage orcs than night goblins.

1 hour ago, Indecisive said:

Man remember when we were so excited for hedonites, then the rules dropped, then the cope that their crazy high points were for aos3, aos 3 came out and hedonited looked fairly solid, then they bumped their points up. What a crazy year for us slaanedh players, i think for old times sake they should kick us while we are down again on faq before the year ends. Slaangor +1 bravery lets go

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Wait, for real? Sounds like a game of telephone because you'd think GW's modus operandi would be to squat Spiderfang rather than make them into an AoS faction.

I'm afraid you misunderstand, from what I've read the plan for Spiderfang is that they'll become their own faction, separate from the GSG, not that they'll be squatted entirely. Sorry if I wasn't clear there!

• Like 1

Unless they release something like a spidergod faction i dont see the Spiderfang units getting removed from the GSG battletome. Much like Bonesplitterz in the Orruk Warclans book. They are relics from the past that have nowhere else to go at the moment. And i dont think a spidergod faction is very likely unless they do some mashup with silent people in a way but i dont think its happening. They will probably just get a underworlds warband or a new leader en thats that.

2 hours ago, Iksdee said:

Unless they release something like a spidergod faction i dont see the Spiderfang units getting removed from the GSG battletome. Much like Bonesplitterz in the Orruk Warclans book. They are relics from the past that have nowhere else to go at the moment. And i dont think a spidergod faction is very likely unless they do some mashup with silent people in a way but i dont think its happening. They will probably just get a underworlds warband or a new leader en thats that.

I feel like everyone is overlooking the almost certain update they will inevitably get which is an Underworlds set with an updated scuttleboss on gigantic spider... beyond that the subfaction is represented in plastic I believe and even though the models are quite old they hold up decently for the rest of this edition in my opinion. Underworlds is often a great place to have an updated sculpt that exists for a strong placeholder for a resin model... I am saying this as I literally just built Hrothgorn as my Icebrow hunter minutes ago. I still hope they all get proper updates one day but I say lets prioritize replacing resins and updating Skaven and Seraphon. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Copywolf said:

I could see Spiderfang joining a Gitmobs faction, including stuff like the steppes grots on wolves and grotbag scuttlers.

Although I wouldn't mind this I personally doubt it, largely because of the spider iconography associated with Gloomspite releases such as the Endless Spells, Sneaky Snufflers, Skragrott the Loonking, and the Gobbapalooza.

32 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I feel like everyone is overlooking the almost certain update they will inevitably get which is an Underworlds set with an updated scuttleboss on gigantic spider... beyond that the subfaction is represented in plastic I believe and even though the models are quite old they hold up decently for the rest of this edition in my opinion. Underworlds is often a great place to have an updated sculpt that exists for a strong placeholder for a resin model... I am saying this as I literally just built Hrothgorn as my Icebrow hunter minutes ago. I still hope they all get proper updates one day but I say lets prioritize replacing resins and updating Skaven and Seraphon. 

The aracknorok kit  yes but the rider are as bad as the current Rat Ogor or Eshin units. If you own any spider rider kits IRL you can automatically tell how outdated they are. It just not something you can tell just by staring at the web store picture

nothing is certain about underworld release which is why it is overlook as an option because nothing is certain.

Edited by novakai
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, MothmanDraws said:

Man remember when we were so excited for hedonites, then the rules dropped, then the cope that their crazy high points were for aos3, aos 3 came out and hedonited looked fairly solid, then they bumped their points up. What a crazy year for us slaanedh players, i think for old times sake they should kick us while we are down again on faq before the year ends. Slaangor +1 bravery lets go

Eh, the 3.0 battletomes so far haven't really amazed me.
Just the Ironjawz section so far of the OWC book I very much like. Nurgle I'm unsure of how iffy I am on it.

13 hours ago, MothmanDraws said:

Tbh as a gitz player id be fine with spiders being split off, gsg roster is kinda big i always thought spiders went bettet with savage orcs than night goblins.

12 hours ago, Aztok said:

I'm afraid you misunderstand, from what I've read the plan for Spiderfang is that they'll become their own faction, separate from the GSG, not that they'll be squatted entirely. Sorry if I wasn't clear there!

12 hours ago, Iksdee said:

9 hours ago, Copywolf said:

I could see Spiderfang joining a Gitmobs faction, including stuff like the steppes grots on wolves and grotbag scuttlers.

Break off gloomspite into "Gloomspite Gitz" and "Grot warclans" featuring gitmob, grotback scuttlers and spiderfang. Also has "Little waaagh" which is the inverse of big waaagh and starts with max points but loses them over the game.

9 hours ago, novakai said:

The aracknorok kit  yes but the rider are as bad as the current Rat Ogor or Eshin units. If you own any spider rider kits IRL you can automatically tell how outdated they are. It just not something you can tell just by staring at the web store picture

The current spider riders were made for the 7th edition battle for skull pass starter box. They still come with their "scenic" bases which even includes the base from the solo troll for that box.

5 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

POTENTIAL AOS NEWS ON CHRISTMAS DAY HYPE!!

1-week-till-christmas.jpg

Wait how is this AOS related ?
"Keep Calm Just A Week Until Christmas" Oh, I see it now!

I must say we have done a fabulous job of keeping calm we have had rumour engines showcasing the new Lumineth Zenith Temple, the new Chaos Dwarf faction seem to be matching the Zenith tech quite well with razor claws and a new power cudgel, and there are all of these fun little lore quotes that hint towards Critters and Keys Fireside Fun. I just feel bad for 40k players getting left out of all the fun and excitement this year!  🙃

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3