The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, Overread said:

I should note that model is a default model from the Witch Aelf pack. So I'm guessing the free model is just a model from the Witch Aelf pack, which would make sense, GW takes existing boxes and the store manage spends half an hour snipping the parts off to give to customers. 

Paint set system sounds very neat and its nice that the free pot is the most expensive not the cheapest (as many multibuys often are).

The coins are a bit of a pain, they look nice, but at the same time you've got to spend £60 to get them and its only in person in the store. Which is a problem if you're avoiding shops/going into town in general even when regions are not on lockdown. So this makes them rather tricky to get from "loot groups" and the like because you've got to up front spend a fair bit to get your one coin. 

It's really strange that they are existing models because the store manager has to snip them out and probably even build them before giving them out as it would be even stranger to just give us random snippets of the sprues.

But I also can't believe thats just a mistake on WarComs side because they for sure don't have enough secret single event models to give out a new one every month

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

It's really strange that they are existing models because the store manager has to snip them out and probably even build them before giving them out as it would be even stranger to just give us random snippets of the sprues.

But I also can't believe thats just a mistake on WarComs side because they for sure don't have enough secret single event models to give out a new one every month

Store managers are likely going to just snip them and put them in a little sealed plastic bag. Chances are they won't build them, but some in key areas might build some for younger or very new customers to entice them in. 

It's not even out of the way since in the past GW stores have done similar things, often on painting or welcoming days to help try and get new people in. The only difference this time around is you won't be able to stay at the store and build/paint your free model. 

8 minutes ago, Overread said:

Store managers are likely going to just snip them and put them in a little sealed plastic bag. Chances are they won't build them, but some in key areas might build some for younger or very new customers to entice them in. 

It's not even out of the way since in the past GW stores have done similar things, often on painting or welcoming days to help try and get new people in. The only difference this time around is you won't be able to stay at the store and build/paint your free model. 

Didn't know they did something like that before, just seemed strange to me

1 hour ago, Popisdead said:

surprised to see it mirror in AoS.  GW likes that.  Luminenth mirrors the Craftworld lore re: hedonistic lifestyle.  

I assume you are aware that the 40K poison rule for Drukhari says: this weapon always wounds on a roll of 4+.
The whole wounding System of AoS is basically „Drukhari poison“. What exactly are they supposed to port over again? 🙃

Edited by JackStreicher

20 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

If I’m in lockdown will the previous months model also be able to be collected incase I miss it? 

Local stores should get stock when they come out of lockdowns. So the previous months items should be up for grabs at your local store. Though you might want to call/email/facebook your local store to make sure/reserve if you want to be certain. 

Remember the only unique content so far are the coins, the models themselves are just regular models split from regular packs. Eg the model on show on the article GW put up is a regular witch aelf from the witch aelf box. 

1 hour ago, Matrindur said:

Neat. I don't think it will affect anything really, but hey, free DnD models. Also depending on the set it may actually be useful (I could use a single Spider Rider for converting...)

Well, that seems like a really mistimed promotion. Since England goes into lock down tomorrow, and unless I'm mistaken Wales and Scotland already are, I'm not quite sure how anyone in the UK can actually take advantage of it until almost the end of November? I was under the impression that much of Europe was in a similar boat, at the very least.

Were the shops going to be open, I wonder what the cheapest free-witch-elf-pub-crawl route would look like, and how easily you could get an entire box of witches for a single rail fare...

20 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I have a question concerning Collectors Edition Battletomes: Can I preorder them in my local Warhammer store?

Yes. The in-store terminals use the same webstore pages, the staff member just prints off the docket and you pay at the till instead of entering your card details on the site.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EccentricCircle said:

Well, that seems like a really mistimed promotion. Since England goes into lock down tomorrow, and unless I'm mistaken Wales and Scotland already are, I'm not quite sure how anyone in the UK can actually take advantage of it until almost the end of November? I was under the impression that much of Europe was in a similar boat, at the very least.

Were the shops going to be open, I wonder what the cheapest free-witch-elf-pub-crawl route would look like, and how easily you could get an entire box of witches for a single rail fare...

You are right. I was briefly thinking in before times. It isn't a good idea to go to the stores.

Plus, when I buy it from an online retailer, the discount of the dwarf is about the price of a witch elf.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I assume you are aware that the 40K poison rule for Drukhari says: this weapon always wounds on a roll of 4+.
The whole wounding System of AoS is basically „Drukhari poison“. What exactly are they supposed to port over again? 🙃

that's a good point i hadn't thought of hahaha.  nice catch.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Overread said:

As Clan said you can, just make darn sure you're there first! Any collectors edition items tend to sell rather fast. 

In fairness, the limited edition books tend to last at least until the end of the day, even on the more popular releases like Marines. The collector's edition Psychic Awakening books lasted for weeks/months even on the more Marine-focused ones. Granted, they were identical covers with a sheen to them rather than alternate art, but I don't predict Morathi's to fly off the shelves in seconds.

It's more the second party peripherals like dice and cards which go lightning fast.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

9 hours ago, Popisdead said:

There is summoning? man I gotta read that battle tome.  neat.

That's not really correct.

The Lumineth go into a civil war because they competed with each other for excellence in different fields, and for Aetherquartz as a resource. This lead to a basically all out civil war, involving magical-nukes, which in turn made it possible for the demons to invade. It's not really a copy-paste, and it's also not really all about excessive hedonism. But there are of course similarities to the Eldari. 

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 6