The Rumour Thread

Well it looks like the rumors that most 1e armies will be getting stuff is looking good. Hope for KO getting cool stuff increasing. I want these Ratmen and Batmen off my lands I rule over. Assemble the fleets and ready our new weapons. :) I don't think its a coincidence it takes place in Chamon. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, michu said:

Well, Gloomspite Gitz are from Chamon (at least the ones ruled by Skragrott), now Skaven and Ghouls.... We need some Duardins and it's  Karak Eight Peaks all over again.

GW stating that all of these factions are in Chamon specifically makes me think that it might be the settling for whatever the next chapter of the Soul Wars will be.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, michu said:

I know it's not AoS and I won't show the picture as it's not official, but if someone wanted to make more "beetle-like" Troggoth for Gloomspites, GW showed an Ambull for Blackstone Fortress. 

Yes! I feel like some cranky Old Testament prophet who’s been spouting utter shite for years and accidentally predicted something wonderful.

and it’s a fabulous model to boot! Though I was hoping for a whole pack of monstrous space beasts but this’ll do for now.

Edited by JPjr

1 hour ago, RexHavoc said:

Grots and Skaven so close together, being bother are generally high model count horde armies

Maybe not. Skaven used to be, but that doesn't have to remain so. Look at the box. Big gribblues. No clanrats. Maybe the silence from Skaven has been intentional to let them come back as a non-horde.

While I'm very happy for that box (no stormcast, big plus) I will say that it doesn't interest me that much. For one, I got plenty of storm fiends to begin with. Two, I have a doomwheel and I never want to paint another one (seriously one of the worst paint projects I've ever had). And finally no need for cannon either. I do want the hero, will probably have to buy one from ebay.

5 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Maybe not. Skaven used to be, but that doesn't have to remain so. Look at the box. Big gribblues. No clanrats. Maybe the silence from Skaven has been intentional to let them come back as a non-horde.

I’d love that, at least the option. I’ve always loved Skaven models but I hate horde armies. 

5 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Based on the chat on the latest episode of the Stormcast podcast, it seems like GW's intention these days is to allow a wider range of possible armies for each faction than in the past. Gloomspite Gitz, for example, can be a horde (grots), all cavalry (squig hoppers and spider riders), or even super elite (all Troggoth army). I'd expect Skaven to go a similar way

What I really like is that a lot of things are looking very 80s! The Troggoths and the new Cultist female leader all look like they've leaped out of films and media of that era, which I think is really great because that's the 40K era where it grew up too! Heck Dark Oath look like proper barbarians! You can also hear the heavy Arny german accents ;)

• Like 3

Lets do some calendar-math out loud:  Gloomspite Gitz  today and next week. The Carrion Empire box is done, boxed, with existing  plastic minis (even if the 2 bosses are new). Meaning super soon release. That leaves us with :01/19 or 01/26 pre-order date. Ouch, I didn't plan that. I have to sell a kidney.

18 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

If that were the case the cover wouldn’t make to much sense.

look at all those clanrats Stormvermins who are kill-slaying.dead-things.

BEB87606-A07C-4308-8F3A-1C2F9F5521F2.jpeg