The Rumour Thread

There'll probably be more gaps as well.

We know that Kill Team goes up on preorder 21st of July. There's no way they'll release the rest of the Nighthaunt and Stormcast content in 1 week, so there's going to be at least one week gap for that as well.

I think it'll be a bit like how the Primaris and Death Guard were done. They were the main releases for a while, but they had these odd weeks here and there that weren't related.

Most likely I think this set of releases will go some time into August.

Confirmed: this is a zero AoS week.

And this is very unfortunate for the 2 new armies. Lets see the NH side: almost everything has been teased. But we can't do much because the base army is uncomplete and weird sized in the starter set. 

Yet to be released (at least): the 2 main chars, the dreadblades, the black coach, all the base units boxes. That is a lot! For example, I pre-ordered myrmourn banshee: they couldn't deliver because GW did not manufactuyre enough of them :-(

Same problem on the SCE side.

With the upcoming releases of new games: Kill Team, titan, Sector imperialis all of this this summer, even this month for KT and SI, I don't know when we see our awaited miniatures... :S  

GW should communicate a bit more about this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

Confirmed: this is a zero AoS week.

And this is very unfortunate for the 2 new armies. Lets see the NH side: almost everything has been teased. But we can't do much because the base army is uncomplete and weird sized in the starter set. 

Yet to be released (at least): the 2 main chars, the dreadblades, the black coach, all the base units boxes. That is a lot! For example, I pre-ordered myrmourn banshee: they couldn't deliver because GW did not manufactuyre enough of them ?

Same problem on the SCE side.

With the upcoming releases of new games: Kill Team, titan, Sector imperialis all of this this summer, even this month for KT and SI, I don't know when we see our awaited miniatures... :S  

GW should communicate a bit more about this.

?

Hats off to anyone who's managed to finish painting either half of the starter set in just over a week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Hats off to anyone who's managed to finish painting either half of the starter set in just over a week.

1. you don't have to paint the whole half. Half of them are trash ans most are in weird number of units

2. painting nighthaunt for example is fast (relatively speaking). So Painting only what you need is fast.

3. Some new units and/or boxes are really needed (see point 1. )

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Found an interesting leak in the depths of a Reddit comment section; again, nothing too groundbreaking, but it was a black and white picture of daemon Fulgrim fighting Logar/Pertubo (can't tell the difference). I'm hoping it's a sign of things to come in AoS, and I hope they keep the aesthetic they used for Fulgrim - he looks great.

(I would post the picture, but it's against site policy to share leaks)

7 hours ago, Enoby said:

Found an interesting leak in the depths of a Reddit comment section; again, nothing too groundbreaking, but it was a black and white picture of daemon Fulgrim fighting Logar/Pertubo (can't tell the difference). I'm hoping it's a sign of things to come in AoS, and I hope they keep the aesthetic they used for Fulgrim - he looks great.

****** stupid policy - post a link as a workaround - for all its worth, it might not even be a leak but an old artwork or a fan art - especially if he's fighting Logar/Perturabo, those should be during the Heresy shortly after his ascension to demon hood, making it an old hat release wise.
 And btw most leaks are released by GW themselves  as a way to hype things up - so nearly all images are official. 

Edited by Bloodmaster
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Enoby said:

What subreddit? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Enoby said:

@Bloodmaster and @Ar-Pharazôn I thinks it's a "leak" from the BL HH books Slaves to Darkness ; one picture of Daemon Fulgrim vs (corrupted but still mortal)  Lorgar, and one of Daemon Angron vs (corrupted but still mortal) Perturabo. 

It's still the common description of those two deamons primarchs, tho... nothing really new IMO. 

EDIT (for clarity) : the black and white leaked artworks represent the two primarchs in their common aspect, just like below :FulgrimDeathandDefiance.jpg.53fd27d98eb0422da6700193b7617440.jpg

Daemon_Prince_Angron_by_Alex_Boyd.jpg.7ad13d2556136d9db9a264d1c79e9766.jpg

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 2

Thanks @HorticulusTGA, pictures are nice. For thos wondering whats in it:

One shows Angron facing Perturabo. Angron in demon form standing with the back to us, contemplating on the best way to open the can of tuna that ist the Lord of the Iron Warriors.
the Other shows demon Fulgirm duelling with the arch heretic and lapdog of chaos, Logar himself. 

Both are done by Mikhail Savier himself. Beautiful renditions but nothing new - when I'm back home and not only with a mobile web browser I can post the images, if the want exists

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Incineroar87 said:

If these artworks are leaked for a novel,  does this mean an eventuality for 40K / AOS Slaanesh releases, didn't we have some artwork of a Stormcast mage before the official reveal in a similar manner ?

Nope, it's horus heresy base, doesn't mean anything for 40k or aos 

• Like 1

Lots of interesting stuff coming to preorder next week. Three boxes of each for SCE and Nighthaunt (interesting point: Knight Incantors can be built out of the Evocator multi-part kit apparently?), all the new getting started boxes including the two halves of the old core box and... oh what's this, Made to Order including two Tomb Kings heroes? This should make some people very happy.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Swooper said:

two Tomb Kings heroes? This should make some people very happy.

Sure, they are cool, but all grot players will agree the real MVP is that little git that almost conquered Ulthuan. ;) 

EDIT: By the way, does someone remember whether Grom was produced in metal or resin?

Edited by michu
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, michu said:

Sure, they are cool, but all grot players will agree the real MVP is that little git that almost conquered Ulthuan. ;)  

As an ex-O&G player, I can appreciate Grom and Gorbad, I just figured the TK stuff would attract more attention. ?

Regarding the new releases though... I must say I'm not a fan of this new trend of building heroes from the same kit as regular units. It tends to make the heroes stand less out from the troops and leaves us with uneven unit sizes. I would much rather have them release the Knight-Incantor from Soul Wars in a blister pack, which I guess they won't do now...

Depends... From Nighthaunt, there'll still be the Black Coach, Chainghasts, Bladegeists, Harridans, blisters of the heroes (Lord Executioner has an alternative model, at least, and I guess Knight of Shrouds will too? Guardian of Souls has that store anniversary alternative, maybe a third one as a paid blister?)... and if they do multipart Glaivewraiths and Myrmourns, those too. 

Oh the Made to Order stuff. I can't for the life of me understand why they discontinued Gorbad there.

Like he fits in really well with the current Orc line, it just makes no sense to me that they kept this Orc Warboss.

d7zhHil.jpg

Yet this much better looking Orc Warboss was discontinuedPUlRRBG.jpg.

Edited by Envyus
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Envyus said:

Oh the Made to Order stuff. I can't for the life of me understand why they discontinued Gorbad there.

Like he fits in really well with the current Orc line, it just makes no sense to me that they kept this Orc Warboss.

d7zhHil.jpg

Yet this much better looking Orc Warboss was discontinuedPUlRRBG.jpg.

I'm guessing the better looking one was resin? I've been expanding my mixed destruction armies, so I think I'll be getting him and if I every pick up the Greenskinz start collecting, that warboss will probably go to ebay.

They said new Legends rules were coming. So based on the models, we'll be getting Tomb Kings for sure and maybe Orcs and Goblins and Ogre Kingdoms? Looks like technically the Orcs and Goblins units are still playable in regular AoS(Orc Warboss and Grot Wolf Chariot), but probably still getting Legends rules too.

14 hours ago, Swooper said:

Lots of interesting stuff coming to preorder next week. Three boxes of each for SCE and Nighthaunt (interesting point: Knight Incantors can be built out of the Evocator multi-part kit apparently?), all the new getting started boxes including the two halves of the old core box and... oh what's this, Made to Order including two Tomb Kings heroes? This should make some people very happy.

The idea of building a hero from a kit sits well with me actually. If there's plenty of bits in the box, at least it gives some variety.

Clearly the Knight Incantor is a model they want people to own. Freebie on a magazine, in the Starter Sets and now in the Evocator box. I got the Starter Set one for not much more than a fiver, so it's easy to get hold of even if they never put it in a blister.