The Rumour Thread

53 minutes ago, Sete said:

My man, rumour mongers have free goodies to keep shut.

At least the reliable ones. They have been bought lol

I mean it seems to be somewhat true.

Before GW "bought" the warscroll builder tool we always got updated points even before  the GHBs were out. Now after GW incorporated the warscroll builder there is no "Beta" section anymore. So it seems like they got this under their control.

1 minute ago, Infeston said:

I mean it seems to be somewhat true.

Before GW "bought" the warscroll builder tool we always got updated points even before  the GHBs were out. Now after GW incorporated the warscroll builder there is no "Beta" section anymore. So it seems like they got this under their control.

In fairness that "beta" section only included points changes that GW had officially announced that they were testing between GHB2016 and GHB2017. I don't think it was ever updated to reflect rumored or leaked points changes. 

With respect to the larger question of rumors vs. announcements, I think that perhaps it would be helpful if the mods would weigh in about what this thread is really intended to be. In practice it's a mix of discussion of recent announcements and insinuation about leaked information with some very occasional actual rumors. Given the site's policy about leaked info, does it even make sense to have a "Rumor Thread"? If we're only to be discussing officially announced information, would it be better to have a "Lets Chat: Recently Announced Stuff" thread instead? I honestly don't have an opinion on this, nor is it my place to. But I do have an opinion that there appears to be a lot of confusion about what this thread is supposed to be and it would be great to get some understanding.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Infeston said:

Damn. You are right. I mean, to be honest, are point values even balanced at this point or will they ever be? I remember a post from a guy on reddit at the time the people very often asked for points values  before the first GHB was introduced. And the guy said that points will only give the illusion of balance and fairness when they come out. And that the only way to balance a game fairly in Age of Sigmar will be by talking with your opponent and articulating what you and your enemy "feel" fair and balanced and then agree on that.

Everytime GW releases new point values, I think about moving back to the old rule, where you had to balance things out by having equal wounds. I know this might seem "unfair" in some way. But sometimes I also ask myself if the current matched play point values are that fair either. Because the examples shown above clearly show that "points" are not necessarily always fair and balanced.

I myself recognise how much the introduction of point values has changed my attitude and behaviour compared to my behaviour before the GHB. Before the GHB I always asked my opponent what he thinks is fair or which battleplan we should pick. I talked a lot more with my opponent and wanted the match to be fun and fair for both of us. So my main goal for the game was to make the match relatively even. But after the introduction of matched play I didn't take things like this into account anymore, because I had the illusion that the points values will fix the balancing aspect.

I think we should change our mentality on the game a little bit back to the time before the first GHB were you had to talk with your opponent about what you both find fair and balanced. I can understand that it is necessary for competitive play that you often need some kind of measurement, but on the other hand I have the feeling many people (or some) shouldn't depend on points so much and talk more with their opponent. 

In my opinion most point values give a sense of false fairness and objectivity. But there are often things which point values can't take into account. So I might go back playing without points or something like that.

Thank you!! ?   I can think of several wonderfully sculpted models who look great, have fun rules and would be considered good except when they have a point value associated with them and/or are considered only in matched play battleplans (not counting GHB2018 as I've not seen it yet).

But I get it,  human nature is to take the easiest path available.  And GW points is the easy way.  It requires less discussion, less compromise, less caring about the other person having a fun time, etc. 

My first instinct when I see new models is "how does it look, does it appeal me"  then I look at it's matched play perspective. Sure this means my armies are not as competitive.  

That smaller bird skull on the right is used a few times in ironjawz sculpts. It appears on the weirdnob shaman's necklace, and the warchanter's sword. I agree that it is probably a grot shaman. It is pretty clear that it is a very close up shot so it is likely going to be for a smaller model based on the thickness of the rope lines.

The problem is that it doesn't feel very Moonclan-ish to me.  Maybe in fuller context it is, but Moonclan is squigs and mushrooms, not bird skulls.  Gitmob, sure thing.  I just am afraid that a combined Grot battletome  in Nagash style is too big a thing to wish for hahahahaha.

• Like 1

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/26/26th-june-preview-new-heroes-of-the-stormcast-eternalsgw-homepage-post-2/

A look at the new heroes for the Stormcast.

Interesting background on Firestrike.

Aventis Firestrike was once a battlemage of the Agloraxi Empire that ruled the Great Parch, thrust into war by the coming of Khorne. Mastering pyroclastic sorceries in his search for revenge, his vengeful rampage was only ended after he has incinerated scores of the Khorne Bloodbound who defiled his home.

Reforged as a Lord-Arcanum, Aventis has returned to his ancestral home in Aqshy as the Grand Magister of Hammerhal – he will not stand to see Chaos take another city, and has vowed not to rest until he has taken a traitor’s life for every citizen of the Great Parch that died during the notorious Red Century…

Edited by ShadowSwordmaster

12 minutes ago, Thebiggesthat said:

Why make the command abilities 'Hammers Of Sigmar' only. I mean, apart from money?

Hey kids, make sure you paint your models gold and blue!

Yeah I’m not a fan of that at all. 

Edit-

Unless there is language in the battletome about switching all chamber keywords if you pick a different chamber.  That’s the only way it makes sense to me. 

Edited by Caladancid

4 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

Yeah I’m not a fan of that at all. 

Edit-

Unless there is language in the battletome about switching all chamber keywords if you pick a different chamber.  That’s the only way it makes sense to me. 

There are generic versions going by the handbook. 

• Thanks 1

The Taurolan is... interesting. Good in theory to have a weird winged bull thing. It's new, it's unprecedented, looks good in the art. It's like some of the Mesopotamian monsters or something angelic from Kabbalic esoteric. In execution though... eh. All good on the body and wings, pleasingly gracile, except the head. It's like a cheekless dinosaur combined with a bull, quite unsettling to look at. Reminds me of that comic image showing what horses would look like if their mouths went as far back as dogs' mouths.

The Dracoline is the opposite, better model than illustration. The art makes it look like Sonic the hedgehog.

Both the riders are pretty restrained for stormcast commanders. Solbright's book-filled saddlebags are cool and she looks closer to a bog standard evocator than a lord-arcanum. Firestrike's staff has some nice phoenix details.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1