The Rumour Thread

AoS phase two is likely the same thing as this magic book we have heard coming out, in my view.

introducing magic and magic winds to all races is a major step forward in the realms of age of sigmar, enough of a step to call it a phase of the project, an both rumours match up in terms of release time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arkiham said:

AoS phase two is likely the same thing as this magic book we have heard coming out, in my view.

introducing magic and magic winds to all races is a major step forward in the realms of age of sigmar, enough of a step to call it a phase of the project, an both rumours match up in terms of release time. 

This is a fair point.  Also, they demonstrated with 40k that they were willing to make alterations to the core framework for the game with an FAQ so I would not rule out GW making other changes in that manner and releasing it alongside the Magic supplement.  They might also simply put any core rule tweaks they want to make into the book that comes with the Magic supplement.  The core rules are only a handful of pages so it's not like it is difficult to fit it into any book they want to release.

11 hours ago, Ungface said:

Says who?

Says GW half year business plan for releases. Definitely a new starter set. Not sure on the rules changes because hard to get that info but people who used to work for gw have confirmed there will be rule tweaks and Martin Morrin on gw live cast confirmed AoS phase 2.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well I was only joking, I hope I didnt upsad any of you guys?.

anyways yes I like the fluff of the stormcast eternals as well and  I also like to play against them since they are a interesting folk. Fighting in small groups of elites Warriors and not in Hordish army’s. But like all army’s have their issue, so do stormcast eternals have their share.

anyways Stormcast eternals are a great army in their own way, but they really aren’t my taste so you will definitely never see me play them 

Initially i really disliked the fluff. They were soulless (not actually without soul, but just uninteresting) steroid taking mega dudes and sort of summed up AoS at launch. Now we're getting some more interesting stuff from them, some named characters, interesting moral choices etc they're becoming interesting. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LLV said:

Says GW half year business plan for releases. Definitely a new starter set. Not sure on the rules changes because hard to get that info but people who used to work for gw have confirmed there will be rule tweaks and Martin Morrin on gw live cast confirmed AoS phase 2.

Link to the half year plan?

The rules tweaks could easily be the magic update and "aos phase 2" could be literally anything.

Seems to be reaching at straws to come to 2nd edition aos. Though it would be cool I just dont see that happening alongside a magic update.

With Warhammer Fest mere days away, I thought we could all play the Prediction Game. So basically lets all predict what we will see at Warhammer Fest and see if we are right (usually when I do a post like this, somebody on the Warhammer Community Team releases something which makes me wrong! :D )

So predictions....

1. We will see a teaser of the next battletomes (Stormcast and Nighthaunts). If we are lucky we will see models. This may also be the boxed set that has been rumoured for a while
  2. We will get a funky new video highlighting the next phase in Malign Portents Story
  3. More info about the "Storm of Magic" supplement
  4. It's expected but I think we will get confirmation about the next Generals Handbook and we will be asked for input for the next one
  5. More Warhammer Legends

I think some of the big juicy stuff will be kept for the Open Day in June but I'm hoping they will put an end to these AOS 2nd Ed rumours (I'm in the Phase Two of a master plan rather than literally interpreting that as a 2nd edition).

Also I'm hoping for lots of 40K stuff but more importantly Adeptus Titanticus but we won't talk about that here (but I am seriously excited!!!)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

With Warhammer Fest mere days away, I thought we could all play the Prediction Game. So basically lets all predict what we will see at Warhammer Fest and see if we are right (usually when I do a post like this, somebody on the Warhammer Community Team releases something which makes me wrong! :D )

So predictions....

1. We will see a teaser of the next battletomes (Stormcast and Nighthaunts). If we are lucky we will see models. This may also be the boxed set that has been rumoured for a while
  2. We will get a funky new video highlighting the next phase in Malign Portents Story
  4. It's expected but I think we will get confirmation about the next Generals Handbook and we will be asked for input for the next one

I’ll play!

I predict we will see

1) The Portents unfold in a cool video package

2) New magic scenery will be shown in depth after the previous tease

3) Squiggs

35 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

So predictions....

I think some of the big juicy stuff will be kept for the Open Day in June but I'm hoping they will put an end to these AOS 2nd Ed rumours (I'm in the Phase Two of a master plan rather than literally interpreting that as a 2nd edition).

Also I'm hoping for lots of 40K stuff but more importantly Adeptus Titanticus but we won't talk about that here (but I am seriously excited!!!)

I'm gonna go for the 'bet 1$' option here. I predict that they're not going to show off anything new relating to models/battletomes. We'll see the killteam box for 40k, some community stuff, and possibly some more easy build version of current kits but nothing really beyond that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ungface said:

Link to the half year plan?

The rules tweaks could easily be the magic update and "aos phase 2" could be literally anything.

Seems to be reaching at straws to come to 2nd edition aos. Though it would be cool I just dont see that happening alongside a magic update.

Lol I can’t link it I don’t have it. But you’ll see soon enough. As I said it may not be branded AoS 2 (just like 40k wasn’t branded 8 edition) actual branding soul wars, but there will be a new starter set and rule tweaks. 

I can see it now, an armored squig on a palanquin carried by orruks who are standing on a sled which is pulled by grots riding on snottlings. His name will be Bounce-Gobba, Maw of Gork (or possibly Mork) and will be destruction's equivalent of Nagash/Archaon.

edit: Connection timed out somehow quadposted

Edited by TheMuphinMan

@Gaz Taylor okay, Prediction Game !

I think we'll see : 

1. Magic supplement teaser, with Wizcasts and Magic scenery

2. Nighthaunt army teaser 

Then, there is the Magic book with magic scenery  AND a new Starter set rumored. So the 2 new armies may be just the Starter. Or the Wizcasts are only in the Magic book (instead of getting a fourth Battletome). And IMO "the portents unfold" means the soul wars, aka Nighthaunt vs Wizcasts and big magic conflagration across the Mortal Realms. Or maybe not. IDK :P

AH MY HEAD

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Regarding Stormcast discussion,  I'd be happy with just a single female clampack with all liberator/judicator weapon options for some diversity. I'd buy bunches! ?

Yup. I have a feeling that would fly off the shelves.

4 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

If I get a twitch account can I see it back in the archive ? 

You need ot be subscribed to the channel, whixh costs some money. If you have Amazon Prime you get a free subscription to one channel you could use.

• Like 1

I am really hoping that if there is a new magic book with scenery, that GW is going to take a long hard look at how many of the factions are organized. If magic becomes a stronger and more important game play aspect, a faction that only has access to magic through allies will have less choice in list construction i.e. free peoples/beastclaw raiders.  

I feel like many of the factions reek of 2016 AOS. Why are collegiate arcane/ironweld/free peoples different factions? Thank god Firebellies are their own faction, right?

My prediction? Racial allies. Should you include an ally that shares a race keyword with your allegiance race, they do not count toward you allies point total. i.e. Human, Ogor, Duardin, Grot, etc. But they still have allies restrictions. (Can't fulfill battle-line requirements or be generals, etc.) 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ParachuteHopper said:

I am really hoping that if there is a new magic book with scenery, that GW is going to take a long hard look at how many of the factions are organized. If magic becomes a stronger and more important game play aspect, a faction that only has access to magic through allies will have less choice in list construction i.e. free peoples/beastclaw raiders.  

I feel like many of the factions reek of 2016 AOS. Why are collegiate arcane/ironweld/free peoples different factions? Thank god Firebellies are their own faction, right?

My prediction? Racial allies. Should you include an ally that shares a race keyword with your allegiance race, they do not count toward you allies point total. i.e. Human, Ogor, Duardin, Grot, etc. But they still have allies restrictions. (Can't fulfill battle-line requirements or be generals, etc.) 

Initially I thought the same, because if we take Idoneth Deepkin as an example, that's pretty much what's happened. 

However, that makes sense within the lore, considering the history of the aelves consumed by Slaanesh, Teclis' role etc. And then, look at Daughters of Khaine. Another recent tome, but this time very much restricted to the older Dark Elf factions. I think if the intention was to move along those lines, that could have happened with the Daughters. 

14 hours ago, klggor1 said:

Guy that I know said he got drunk with a GW employee who was joking about "Squigjawz." Take that for what you will.

Seems like a dual 40k and AOS squig kit could definitely be a thing, where there are just a couple of bits different for each setting. Perhaps AOS squigs will more closely resemble the Forge World ridden Great Cave Squig with some armor. Add a rocket to the squig for 40k, and something pointy for AOS.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/Night-Goblin-Command-Set

Edited by Warboss Gorbolg

My real hope for battle/storm of magic is that it’s really simple and works like this:

pick an allegiance for your army

pick a spell lore for your army from the 8 lores listed which apply to  all factions, 3 spells only, each wizard in your army knows an additional spell from this lore.

if you already have a lore within your allegiance ability eg shadows you can only select a generic lore if you choose to not use your allegiance lore.

• Like 4