The Rumour Thread

9 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Oh excellent point ! I was wondering myself if we would get more Deepkin scenery but Etheric vortex is obisouvly a generic name, not an Idoneth one, and fits right in with the new Magic supplement !

It's rather clear in the ID book, that there will be more and the shipwreck is just one of them.

3 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Of course.

But not Idoneth Deepkin related. 

There will cleverly be more generic Etheric Vortex sceneries, most probably attached to the new Magic supplement.

Also allowing them to release new such kits at any point down the line without always having to include it as allegiance part.

I wonder if Feculent Gnawmaws, Herdstones or even Slyvaneth Wildwoods could be placed as Etheric Vortices as well?

I still hope we get some "proper" terrain as well though. Sector Mechanicum and Imperialis do raise my envy.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Rogue Explorator said:

Also allowing them to release new such kits at any point down the line without always having to include it as allegiance part.

I wonder if Feculent Gnawmaws, Herdstones or even Slyvaneth Wildwoods could be placed as Etheric Vortices as well?

I still hope we get some "proper" terrain as well though. Sector Mechanicum and Imperialis do raise my envy.

The continuing mentions of "Stormkeeps" in the fluff, the special Azyrite design seen in the artworks, since 2016 ans Season of War (about new order cities...) and the fact that one of the Warhammer TV guys said back when they realized the Sector Mechanicus range that we would at some points see something similar (modular scenery range) for AOS makes me really think it SHOULD come with a new edition. 

Also the cover of Souls War seem to depict a battle in an Order city. 

I say grots.

That fraying rope is about to snap and then something very unfortunate and hillarious will happen. Exactly the sort of visual humor found almost exclusively on grot miniatures.

Edit: "Deepest darkest tunnels" can also be read as a hint for Moonclan.

Edited by Rogue Explorator
  • Like 7

Would fit in very well with the long-rumoured Grotbag Scuttlers (or whatever the goblin sky pirates are called).

Either way, looks like part of quite a large and involved kit (seems to be something flying, barely tethered to the ground) and very AoS so that's exciting!

• Like 1

If we are guessing that the rope is something for Grots (seems most likely for Grots or Skaven), then I highly doubt it is for grot sky pirates.  I still think the first grot release we see will be Moonclan, and this rumor looks most like something for a Squig kit.  Where the Squig is being restrained or tethered by one or more grots who are probably being partially pulled/dragged along and also straining the ropes to the point where they are snapping.  You can see the knot in the picture and it is obviously not a noose - it is a really badly tied knot which I think also supports the idea of Grots or Skaven.

If they do a full Moonclan release then they will probably end up creating plastic kits for some of the current range which is heavily resin.  My guess is that this is for a new Mangler Squig model.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, BrownDog said:

A nice look at AOS Witch Hunters :D

Booo! 

I notice a distinct lack of big hats.  Since  puny humans are all the same size how does anyone in the realms know who is important and means business without a big imposing hat?

Edited by Skabnoze
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skabnoze said:

Booo! 

I notice a distinct lack of big hats.  Since  puny humans are all the same size how does anyone in the realms know who is important and means business without a big imposing hat?

Those pictures were taken inside, no civilised man would wear his head in closed buildings. Damn grots, not understanding manners and court etiquette - and yet you wonder why you are not invited to the fancy parties in the royal courts. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bloodmaster said:

Those pictures were taken inside, no civilised man would wear his head in closed buildings. Damn grots, not understanding manners and court etiquette - and yet you wonder why you are not invited to the fancy parties in the royal courts. 

Who wants to go to a fancy party without big fancy hats!?

I snuck into one of those fancy human parties once.  It was lame.  None of the hors d'oeuvres plates had any selection of decent fungus.  Nobody ate any Madcap Mushrooms and competed in feats of strength or lunacy!  And also at no point were any of the revelers eaten by a hungry loose squig...

Human parties are booooooring...

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Bloodmaster said:

I dunno. I wear my head pretty much everywhere I go...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Some random things I heard  :

- new "Edition" of AoS will introduce new Battleplans 

- there will be a rule that no unit/model can be deployed closer then 9'' from enemy. 

- I heard other things we already know (wh40k alike combat, possibility of rolling for turn going away etc) 

About The Tainted Heard, I found this (apparently online since 8th January lol) : 

I'm really looking forward to it anyway, I found the Devoted of the Sigmar and the Order of Azyr quite interesting !

The Tainted Heart, by CL Werner (August)
Clint Werner’s, The Tainted Heart, is an impressively affecting story about indomitable love in the wake of adversity. It begins with a malign plague, and a pair of expert witch hunters intent on destroying it. Talorcan and Esselt are emboldened by faith and a most formidable romance, setting them apart from all other duos in the Black Library range. However, the evil they face, ancient and sentient, is not easily subdued, and when circumstances reach the unthinkable, there is nothing the witch hunters will not do to protect one another. In this unusual, thrilling blend of heroic fantasy and tragedy, the Age of Sigmar setting is made rich with a profound exploration of honour, courage, and fallibility. This is a refreshing and poignant re-examination of the archetypal hero, and Clint’s lyrical style and mastery of theme are deeply compelling – an unquestionable treat from one of our most gifted authors. —Hannah Hughes, commissioning editor

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/blog/sci-fi-fantasy/95-books-sci-fi-fantasy-editors-cant-wait-read-2018/ (scroll down down)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1