The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, bsharitt said:

Some how I had missed that the deepkin were out of Ghur, I thought they were in the shadow realm too. Or are they from the shadow realm and these one are visiting Ghur? Or maybe there's no misdirect and we're getting an underwater troggoth faction too.

I think they are likely to pop up anywhere that there is water. Well, water and isolated, poorly-defended villages, anyway. Especially if the place is called Innsmouth...

• Like 5

7 hours ago, bsharitt said:

Some how I had missed that the deepkin were out of Ghur, I thought they were in the shadow realm too. Or are they from the shadow realm and these one are visiting Ghur? Or maybe there's no misdirect and we're getting an underwater troggoth faction too.

The rumor is that the Deepkin comes form the sunken Island of Idoneth in Hyish. 

But then they were sighted in Ghyran (cf. DoK Battletome) and in Ghur (according to the FB teasing at least).

It's safe to bet they'll have, like every other armies, access to Realmgates (maybe linked to mists and water)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

The rumor is that the Deepkin comes form the sunken Island of Idoneth in Hyish. 

But then they were sighted in Ghyran (cf. DoK Battletome) and in Ghur (according to the FB teasing at least).

It's safe to bet they'll have, like every other armies, access to Realmgates (maybe linked to mists and water)

Considering we know realmgates can be anywhere and anything (some undetectable), I imagine there are plenty on the seabed. Sea monsters gotta get to other realms from ghur somehow ?

• Like 3

We know that Slaneesh is being kept between Hysh and Ghur Ulgu, and we know that the Idoneth are a failed creation from the soul reclaiming process. It's possible that the Idoneth exist between the realms and regularly come into reality hunting for souls - which is literally the dark eldar in 40k, but with a deep sea creature twist.

Typo :P

Edited by PJetski
  • Like 1

My only beef with the new geographic homelands of factions in the new world is that they seem too safe. A good setting should have constant threats from enemy factions based in the same geographic setting (e.g. goblins/dwarfs/skaven in mountains). 

These underwater elfs just own the entire seabed? The Kharadrons have no sky-based enemy factions? No other lava-dwelling factions for the lava-dwarfs? Does ANYTHING live in the woods anymore? 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

My only beef with the new geographic homelands of factions in the new world is that they seem too safe. A good setting should have constant threats from enemy factions based in the same geographic setting (e.g. goblins/dwarfs/skaven in mountains). 

These underwater elfs just own the entire seabed? The Kharadrons have no sky-based enemy factions? No other lava-dwelling factions for the lava-dwarfs? Does ANYTHING live in the woods anymore? 

Hahaha I see what you’re saying but I think they’ll all be fleshed out eventually. 

Kharadron will have surely have sky Grots and Skaven to fight eventually. 

14 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

???

Nowhere it is said that about the ID. They'll surely fight Plague fleet like Gutrot Spume's one, for example. 

The Kharadron avec huuuuge hordes of beasts in the sky against them, it's every page of their Battletome. Plus flying daemons, like Tzeentch ones. And the fleet of the GROTbag scuttlers. 

The Fyreslayers are attacked by fire elemental and skavens, like, every day, and besieged by Bloodbound and such. 

The lands, seas and skies of the Mortal Reams are wayyyyy less safe than even a Death world of the imperium.

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Sheriff said:

In Spear of Shadows there is a pretty great scene in the woods, safe to say the woods aren’t really a friendly place with all the spiders around. 

• Like 1

I may be reading this wrong but that letter looks like someone trying to hide something and blaming it on Troggoths. Not that Troggoths couldn't be a part of that army but that letter just reads like "Whelp, you guys were right about it being Troggoths so no need to look any further. Nothing to see here!"

• Haha 1

Let us not forget that unlike in the Old World, in AoS almost any faction can pop up almost anywhere, not only due to the Realmgates, but also because most factions are highly mobile.

Most of Destruction is at least semi-nomadic, but more commonly entirely nomadic, Kharadron are always looking for new claims, DoK have their (futile) seeking shards of Khaine thing, Fyreslayers could be on hire from anyone, etc.

And then there is Stormcast, Seraphon, Daemons, most of Death and Skaven (at least, possibly Moonclan and Idoneth are counted here as well), all of whom can very much literally pop up anywhere (or fall as lightning bolts from the sky).

Really, the Free Cities, Syvaneth and the mortal servants of Chaos seem to be the most passive and defensively oriented factions and they hardly sit on their behind all day.

Simply, there is no need for anyone to live on top of each other, as everyone runs into each other all the time anyway. Azyr and the Eightpoints (not counting Blight City as it is now part of the Realm of Chaos) seem to be the only truly unmolested homebases and I think even that is only for now.

Also:

2 hours ago, Sheriff said:

Does ANYTHING live in the woods anymore? 

I think the Brayherd wants a Word with you and those Tree Spirits.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

Let us not forget that unlike in the Old World, in AoS almost any faction can pop up almost anywhere, not only due to the Realmgates, but also because most factions are highly mobile.

Surely the equilibrium that is reached in such a mobile environment without barriers, is that factions group together in their safest areas. Basically like a prison yard. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sheriff said:

The others talked about most factions already. But the Daughters of Khaine Battletome tells the story of how the Daughters have their own constant battles in Ulgu. Slaanesh scent  lures more and more Slaaneshi Warbands into their realm. They first fought many battles during the age of chaos. This died down a little during the Realmgate wars but they are on the rise again with more Warbands coming into Ulgu again. 
The Daughters are in no way "safe". (Besides maybe Hag-Narr itself. But thats comparable to Azyrheim)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grontik said:

I may be reading this wrong but that letter looks like someone trying to hide something and blaming it on Troggoths. Not that Troggoths couldn't be a part of that army but that letter just reads like "Whelp, you guys were right about it being Troggoths so no need to look any further. Nothing to see here!"

It's rather obvious that the 2nd letter have been sent by the Idoneth themselves, after they've slaughtered every single being from that 'filthy village' and don't want to be found.

Poor villagers are now sleeping with the Troggoths ;)

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Rou Dantes said:

Have there been any reputable murmurs about Exodites, or is that just your hope?

There is an eldar looking rumor engine, other than that nothing i've heard of. Exodes would be nifty though, so would sisters of battle. But from the sounds of it tomorrow is going to be an exciting day regardless.

56 minutes ago, Rou Dantes said:

Have there been any reputable murmurs about Exodites, or is that just your hope?

Nope. Just hopes and dreams. 

Realistic possibilities are imperial Knights,  adeptus Titanicus,  orks or Slaanesh. 

For AoS Deepkin are pretty much guaranteed with a possibility of new starter set or  a new death faction.

There is a very small chance we will hear about warhammer underworlds season two.

GW said at lvo that there would be three new things at Adepticon. The question is whether Deepkin was part of the three or was added due to the cancellation of the aos open day. 

Either way I will be happy to finally see the new Deepkin. Anything else is a bonus.

Edited by Chikout

6 hours ago, Gorthaur said:

Hmm they might save stuff like WH underworlds and any further WH quest/starter box stuff for the AoS open day that has been rescheduled. I figure they need to have something to unveil there otherwise people will find it a dull event. 

When is the rescheduled Open Day?