The Rumour Thread

20 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I think people are forgetting the production schedule on these boxes. Gloomspite only came out 3 months ago. The Looncurse box was probably planned at least a year ago. White dwarf magazine always used to be written three months in advance.  Any products they covered in the magazine would already be designed and manufactured before that. 

About white dwarf, Ever since the revamp this year they don’t put their releases on the cover anymore

1 hour ago, novakai said:

About white dwarf, Ever since the revamp this year they don’t put their releases on the cover anymore

Yeah. I think they don't want to be tied to the release schedule any more. They also said that the community site does new releases better. I'm not sure how far in advance they make them now. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

As I can see it, it seems to be Gloomspite (squig oriented army) VS something that contain a bug. To me, we are far from sylvaneth even if they are good contenders.

Well you probably haven’t met Arielle sitting on a giant bug before😜.

4 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

My bet: gloomspite didn't sell well enough : a dual army box with gloomspite is a second chance to launch the sale of this army.

Nah definitely not. The chittering of the green-things has become louder since the arrival of the book and new minis.

(not that it can keep up with us skaven, 

Yes-yes we chitter-squeek much better then them)

Sylvaneth warband for shadespire got warcsroll and there are some new keywords so their tome is around prob. Also I never saw shadespire band with weapons they are not using in AoS so we might se maybe new kit with revenants with bows. 

some interesting stuff shown on the Sylvaneath Nightvault warband.

Martial memories looks like it changed into an "Always Strike First" ability that activates on a 3+ at the beginning of the combat phase

the hero has the Thornwych keyword which may or may not mean anything

The KO warband warscroll doesn't seem to have anything new what I can tell

• Like 4

Pretty much same issue with most the Underworlds warbands in AoS then. The support units looks amazing, are great to paint and I've got them all but in a big game with loads of different weapons and abilities they're slow to play with and susceptible to being wiped off the table in one go as soon as they go near anything that pumps out some Dx Mortal Wounds.

Still they're a lot better for smaller skirmish matches and I love all the models and the chance to pick up units from factions I dont collect so still going straight into the basket. Personally I just think they should just make the (smaller model count) support units a bit more elite than their massed rank standard unit counterparts even if just giving them an extra wound or some kind of built in MW save.

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Incineroar87 said:

Are we expecting a Slaanesh release first or the looncurse boxed set thing ?

After the hints on Thursday,  it looks like we will see a Slaanesh reveal tomorrow,  with their preorder starting on the 27th.

Disappointed that the Ko warband is almost the same as the usual units. I guess it means the new book is still a way off. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Incineroar87 said:

Are we expecting a Slaanesh release first or the looncurse boxed set thing ?

With the articles about Slaanesh last week, it's possible we'll see announcements for Slaanesh preorder tomorrow. 

For AOS we still have the Forbidden power expansion to come too, so IMO it's gonna be :

Slaanesh - FP expansion - Looncurse - Warcry. 

The melee sylvaneth guardian unit... A mostly melee 3-wound unit 5+ save for 80 points and lacks the movement abilities of the tree revenants... good lord that will never see play like that. However one rule made me wonder could this buff every tree-revenant in your army?

image.png.a88bd18c06d2e7d4424c176528752988.png

This says "each friendly unit with this ability" has a chance to fight before everyone else.  Tree-revenants also have the "Martial Memories" ability but it gives them different effects.  Could be a silly question but could this buff their "martial memories"?

10 hours ago, Shankelton said:

Agreed. Just looking at their view page combined with troggoths, they are one of the most discussed armies on here. The opposite is more likely. Gloomspite sold so well they want to pair them in another skew with Sylvaneth who are getting an update.

I wouldn't be so sure, their limited edition battletome took very much longer to sell out than the other factions seem to have.. Beasts of chaos, nighthaunt, etc.

Edited by Zanzou

21 minutes ago, Zanzou said:

The melee sylvaneth guardian unit... A mostly melee 3-wound unit 5+ save for 80 points and lacks the movement abilities of the tree revenants... good lord that will never see play like that.

One thing that's got me curious with the Sylvaneth mob is the 'OAKENBROW' keyword, Oakenbrow was just the name of one of their super-battalions before wasn't it? So first off the top of my head guess is that the new BT will take a few, say 3 or 4, of those super-battalions and turn them into properly keyworded sub-factions, (Dreadwood, Oakenbrow & Gnarlroot let's say) and lots of abilities like 'Waypipes' will then be baked into specific battle traits for each keyword.

Pretty sure we'll just see 'Martial Memories' changed across the board too when the new book is out.

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, JPjr said:

Still they're a lot better for smaller skirmish matches and I love all the models and the chance to pick up units from factions I dont collect so still going straight into the basket. Personally I just think they should just make the (smaller model count) support units a bit more elite than their massed rank standard unit counterparts even if just giving them an extra wound or some kind of built in MW save.

I always thought it would be cool if you could upgrade regular units using the Underworlds warbands.

Like, this unit of skeletons gets upgraded to become the Sepulchral Guard, and the Sepulchral Warden replaces the usual unit champion and can resurrect any of them. Or this unit of thirty Bloodreavers is now Garrek's Reavers, and when he claims trophies he buffs the whole lot.

Wouldn't work for all of them, but most of them have a corresponding "regular" unit in AoS. Might be a fun idea for open/narrative play if nothing else.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Zanzou said:

I wouldn't be so sure, their limited edition battletome took very much longer to sell out than the other factions seem to have.. Beasts of chaos, nighthaunt, etc.

Not sure how much you can actually read into that, though. Beasts of Chaos for example was a small release with just the terrain and spells, so it’s easier to afford the LE book with that. There were loads of models for the Gloomspite release, so people may have passed over the more expensive book in order to get more models. 

Lots of the Gloomspite stuff went out of stock from what I remember. Not that you can read much into that either without knowing how much was made, but I haven’t had any impression that they were an unpopular release. 

The stabbas, troggoths, dankhold troggoth, and the Arachnarok spider have all been sold out at some stage. That doesn’t look like a range that sold poorly. Obviously we don’t know how many gw made, but at the very least selling out suggest they succeeded internal expectations. 

• Like 1

Slaanesh is (if it goes on pre order next weekend) going to land square in the middle between April and May. So that leaves most of May open for another. June might be the only month we don't see one, but then again they might well tie Warcry to Slaves to Darkness (esp since Slaves is going to mesh really well with the Warcry theme and models)