The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Kramer said:

All the models are single pose would be my guess. The arm to body is usually the bit where it's visible if it's multi pose. Looks to be mono pose. Still very cool though! 

I don’t want to complain, but doesn’t that mean we’re all going to have the same six warbands unless there’s a card game component where we Can differentiate? 

17 minutes ago, Dawnmane said:

Has anyone been able to figure out If Warcry is multipart multiloadout skirmish models or monopose named characters like Underworlds? As a Necromunda player this is the only thing I need to know to decide whether or not I’m on board - and the Ogor has me worried a bit in this regard.

My own feeling is that we're going to see something mid-way between Underworlds and Necromunda.  So models will have pre-set configurations rather than almost a free-for-all.  Probably for things like the Ogor you'll only get one or two variants, but the rank and files you may get a larger selection.

2 minutes ago, Luke82 said:

I’m really intrigued what this new paint product is. Honestly stumped thinking what could reduce the grey shame pile (unless GW are going to only allow you to buy more models when you send em a photo of you holding your last purchase fully painted and a copy of that day’s news paper.)

Gut feeling is an airbrush/spray gun - quickly get those base colours on.  It could equally be a new line of washes that act as a dip.  Could see both of those as solid extensions to the Citadel Paint System.

• Like 1

I can't say I'm not disappointed with the Fyreslayers. I think if there was any AoS-only (as in, not WHFB) army that needed a new release to go alongside of their updated Battletome, it was these guys.  Granted, GW probably take Endless Spells(tm) to be that although the impression I get is the majority of people, including me, see them more as glorified tokens than proper units. The biggest hurdle for Fyreslayers to overcome when appealing to newcomers is that people quickly realise they're going to have to paint up 90+ identical, naked dwarfs, who are more expensive than other, newer infantry boxes (Deepkin) and go elsewhere. 

They definitely didn't need a new, one-off hero though, already swimming in them as they are, which is probably why we saw nothing like FEC and Skaven did. It's not so much the lack of new models right now that upsets me, it's that with us getting a new Battletome it all but confirms we won't see anything for at least a year. At least the forge spell model looks great.

I really like the Slaanesh kits though. They have a nice exoticness to them without being (too) over the top.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2

Just now, RuneBrush said:

Gut feeling is an airbrush/spray gun - quickly get those base colours on.  It could equally be a new line of washes that act as a dip.  Could see both of those as solid extensions to the Citadel Paint System.

Especially as the video hints a method to paint a lot of miniatures fast, thoose two are really solid guesses....I guess

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

My own feeling is that we're going to see something mid-way between Underworlds and Necromunda.  So models will have pre-set configurations rather than almost a free-for-all.  Probably for things like the Ogor you'll only get one or two variants, but the rank and files you may get a larger selection.

I could accept that - customization for “gangers” and preset characters for Champions. Fingers crossed. The models are lovely though.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Luke82 said:

I’m really intrigued what this new paint product is. Honestly stumped thinking what could reduce the grey shame pile (unless GW are going to only allow you to buy more models when you send em a photo of you holding your last purchase fully painted and a copy of that day’s news paper.)

New paint pots that don't have that terrible flip lid design is my hope!

Amazing releases and I don't remember there being so many reveals for AOS and AOS related items in any preview seminar before.  I'm particularly excited for Warcry, as I was all in even if it was just Chaos, but the chance to use models from other factions should make the game much more appealing to a wider market and allays my fears that this was a Necromunda release with a Kill Team-style release still to come.

Never had any interest in Slaanesh before, but that Keeper is amazing and on a par with the Lord of Change, which is in my top three models GW have ever made. If they have a solid mortal line, then I think I've got my next army, before I've finished painting my first unit of IDK...

The Fyreslayers release is as expected for me. I won't be buying them, despite really enjoying painting the Shadespire warband, but if you've already bought into the aesthetic, then a new book, Endless spells and terrain can't be anything but a good thing. An easy fix for these guys would be to make them two wounds each and increase their points commensurately. Less bodies on the board all looking the same, keep a portion of their staying power, which has been their hallmark and reduce the cost of fielding an army. 

Perfect preview for me: One thing I'm definitely getting; one thing I'm tempted by; and a number of things that will improve AOS overall.

• LOVE IT! 1

I'll be honest I was expecting something like Dracoth sized salamander cavalry for Fyreslayers whenever they were redone to add some diversity to the range and give them some fast moving units but hey ho. It's natural that in the mad rush to get lots of army books out some of them will have slightly lacklustre additions BUT if you want a silver lining think of it this way, there's nothing stopping them going back and adding bits and pieces into armies once this rush is over.

Big push this year to get the BTs up to date with allegiances, traits, spells, terrain etc, so at least on a mechanical level all (or a very healthy %) of factions feel 'competitive' or 'balanced' or just 'cared for', then once that's done you can always add in new units at your leisure, especially as we'll have Underworlds, Warcry and maybe some board/boxed games through which they can release new models here and there.

Might be utterly fanciful but you never know.

I like the look of the Forbidden Powers models, they have that slight cartoony look to them that a lot of the terrain/endless spells have but still I think they're cool, very Shyish looking so far which makes sense but maybe more to come. So all cool.

Slaanesh models are great, Keeper of Secrets is one of those buy whatever you collect models, great looking thing.

Anyway as for the new paint...

INSTRntapray.jpg

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 11

45 minutes ago, Dawnmane said:

I don’t want to complain, but doesn’t that mean we’re all going to have the same six warbands unless there’s a card game component where we Can differentiate? 

Haha don’t shoot the messenger! 

But how is that different from normal AOS? If I bring two units of reavers they look the roughly the same, if I bring two Stormcast armies based on the push fit soul wars miniatures they are exactly the same. 

I don’t think it will have cards but who knows. (Small addition to what you said, it’s 6 chaos plus 8 or nine non chaos warbands.)

I think the difference will be in who you bring and depending on how you can include the beasts what you bring as well 

7 minutes ago, Tzaangor Management said:

ever had any interest in Slaanesh before, but that Keeper is amazing and on a par with the Lord of Change, which is in my top three models GW have ever made. If they have a solid mortal line, then I think I've got my next army, before I've finished painting my first unit of IDK

What are the other two? 

5 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Haha don’t shoot the messenger! 

But how is that different from normal AOS? If I bring two units of reavers they look the roughly the same, if I bring two Stormcast armies based on the push fit soul wars miniatures they are exactly the same. 

I don’t think it will have cards but who knows. (Small addition to what you said, it’s 6 chaos plus 8 or nine non chaos warbands.)

I think the difference will be in who you bring and depending on how you can include the beasts what you bring as well 

I understand what you mean, but I think my worry has to do with my great love for Necromunda and anything else that crosses the Line between strategy game and pen and paper RPG. Warhammer Underworlds completely turned me off because I felt limited in what kind of story I wanted to tell when I played. Kill Team had juuuust enough customization for it to click with my tastes, AOS skirmish doesn’t have enough depth, Necromunda is perfect, and the regular AOS armies I play (all the duardin) have plenty of options for poses and loadouts. Hardly any monopose there. So I’m just saying: please let this game have some depth that isn’t just walled off in a card system. The best GW to me is the GW where part of making the narrative takes place with a list building sheet, clippers, a bit box and a lot of plastic glue.

• Like 2

OOh so finally up and saw it all!

1) A shame that Fyreslayers didn't get all new models for their line, but they are getting udpated and are getting some very cool looking spells and a big bit of terrain! I think that they will certainly join Flesh Eater Courts in being a smaller line of models, a shame for fans of the line, but at the same time a new Tome on their own cements them as a secure faction for the future which is good! 

2) Warcry getting 9 additional launch factions sounds a lot like they won't get unique models for those lines. It's a LOT of models if GW were to do that. My money is on them either just having rules for regular models or even porting over the Shadspire warteams. The Chaos "Pets" look great! 

3) 50 Shades of Grey - well a brand new thing in the GW paint line up? Well if its not the can of Peachy and Duncan I could see GW launching their own air-gun. They did have (might still have one) head of their own but this might be them doing their own formal machine complete with compressor. GW has supported them in the past, but never in a big way, so this could be a turning point (note how in all their tutorials they stuck to brushes, if they added airsprayers that would change things up a lot). 

4) Slaanesh - I'm not sure how I feel about the new Keeper. Mostly because of the head being more human and less beastial compared to the old. I'm also curious what other optional parts will appear in the box. The other big chaos lords have quite the variety of heads/weapons/parts so it will be interesting to see what else it comes with.  Its looking fantastic and has a great "power" pose coming right at you! The new spells look suitably great.
My one real complaint is the new lord+herald model because my GODS that thing looks fragile as heck in plastic! A multi-headed whip held by a character hanging from spikes on the back of another - that that is going to be one model you wrap in the dark gods own velvet to transport and offer up sacrifices before any trip that it makes it to the end of the trip in one part!
Seeing the new stuff make me wish they'd re-done the deamonettes, but still a fantastic looking update for Slaanesh!

5) Forbidden power was what I expected - its Malign Sorcery 2.0! What I am interested to see is the sheer amount of Tomb King Style teasing going on with it - a boat of the dead; a freaking head of a Pharaoh etc.... It's got a very strong "this is shyesh - this is egyptian" theme going on. Which is curious because every major culture has its own ways to represent the dead worlds so that GW has latched onto that might be them just giving a nod to the past; or maybe its a hint....

6) The Event Librarian looks really great! (yes I know its not AoS) 

2 minutes ago, Dawnmane said:

I understand what you mean, but I think my worry has to do with my great love for Necromunda and anything else that crosses the Line between strategy game and pen and paper RPG. Warhammer Underworlds completely turned me off because I felt limited in what kind of story I wanted to tell when I played. Kill Team had juuuust enough customization for it to click with my tastes, AOS skirmish doesn’t have enough depth, Necromunda is perfect, and the regular AOS armies I play (all the duardin) have plenty of options for poses and loadouts. Hardly any monopose there. So I’m just saying: please let this game have some depth that isn’t just walled off in a card system. The best GW to me is the GW where part of making the narrative takes place with a list building sheet, clippers, a bit box and a lot of plastic glue.

Oh I’m with you on that. It’s just a shame the gameplay from necromunda always looked so out of it to me (personal opinion I know) that it wasn’t enough to get me into it. 

Hopefully Warcry will be different. Especially if there is (modulair) terrain in the box it will be an auto buy. 

4 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

The Forbidden Power terrain piece with the two little pyramids is just taken from the Nightvault Arcane Hazards set, right? Weird to pluck out just that one model for this, especially as it was on a sprue with a bunch of others. 

it's similar, not 100% the same. like the Nagash head spell thing looks like the throne from the Arcane Hazards set juiced up. In fact it does make me think they could/should/might give AoS rules for all the models in the Arcane Hazards set, makes sense to me as they're very much just a novelty addition for Underworlds, so giving them a bit more purpose would no doubt shift a few more.

Edited by JPjr

5 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Oh I’m with you on that. It’s just a shame the gameplay from necromunda always looked so out of it to me (personal opinion I know) that it wasn’t enough to get me into it. 

Hopefully Warcry will be different. Especially if there is (modulair) terrain in the box it will be an auto buy. 

Yeah Mundas gameplay is a bit of a mess, or it was in the beginning, but I really love where it’s at at the moment. And oh yes, modular AOS terrain please!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pitloze said:

Are these all the reveals or will there be more to come?

Far as we know no more reveals from this event. That said we've several more Warcry battle parties to show off and it wouldn't be a shock if gw had more slaanesh stuff to show off - though rare for it to be more models but might be more variety within the set shown thus far. 

Given that the next studio preview is in ~6 weeks (at WH Fest), I wonder if it means that the Fyreslayers BT, Slaanesh stuff, and the "Looncurse" box(?) are all coming out in the next 1.5 months.

On a different subject, I hope that the new Furies and Raptoryxes will be released in their own boxes, and have Mark Of Chaos in their warscrolls so they can be added to any Chaos army.

30 minutes ago, Kramer said:

What are the other two? 

Eidolon of Mathalan and the Lord Aquilor. The Eidolon is the only model I've bought just to own the model, although I have since bought an IDK army and the Aquilor was the first Stormcast I really liked (along with the Palladors) and got me into that army.

All three represent the best of GW model making for me and the huge leap forward from what came before. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Overread said:

4)

My one real complaint is the new lord+herald model because my GODS that thing looks fragile as heck in plastic! A multi-headed whip held by a character hanging from spikes on the back of another - that that is going to be one model you wrap in the dark gods own velvet to transport and offer up sacrifices before any trip that it makes it to the end of the trip in one part!

You should see my blightlords, one is held up by a few legs touching a skinny rock - see the back one: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-AU/Nurgle-Rotbringers-Pusgoyle-Blightlords-2018