The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Freeing Nagash, who later proved himself to be the most stupid tyrannical treacherous mad villain, from his cairn .

Well, ah, you see, he was quite clearly the smartest death-god ever because he made GHOSTS

And he is the only death-god

• Haha 1

I don't know where the idea of this being a teaser for a new army has come from when it says: 

Forbidden Power is an expansion for every Warhammer Age of Sigmar player that’ll put you at the heart of the latest battles in the Soul Wars. Look forward to major narrative developments, new magical powers to unleash and new rules for all of your games. We’ll have more news on just what it means for you soon.

Unless there is also army release coming out with Forbidden Power, then its looks to be a campaign book with more endless spells (they said that more are coming) and other game wide rules (like the Maglin Portents book). 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Harpo2 said:

I don't know where the idea of this being a teaser for a new army has come from when it says: 

Unless there is also army release coming out with Forbidden Power, then its looks to be a campaign book with more endless spells (they said that more are coming) and other game wide rules (like the Maglin Portents book). 

Pretty much this. Artefacts and spells updated. New rules for all players. 

Hot take: Sigmar regrets crafting a chamber of warriors from the souls of Settra (maybe this is only alluded to) and his followers, who refused to serve (get it?) OR were defective in some other way, thus, he trapped them in the Stormvaults (where maybe now they've gone crazy or something? I dunno).

Those gryph hound statues are clearly Egyptian-inspired, and you'll notice the skull patterns around the ceiling wall, yet the symbols on the floor still retain the aesthetic design of the Stormcast.

Edited by Mutton
  • Thanks 1

So let's pull every little bit of information we can squeeze out of that trailer together, shall we?

First, the text tells us about "major narrative developments", new magical powers and new rules. I think it's fair to expect Forbidden Power to be the next global campaign, like Malign Portents was, and to bring us another round of Endless Spells (or something similar).  And maybe some heroes too.

The trailer itself shows a... towering city with floating spheres, in a jungle. It's certainly not a pyramid, at least not in the traditional sense. 
That kind of architecture doesn't really ring a bell for me, at least nothing related to AoS. It has a sort of "old, forgotten magic from a bygone age" feel to me. 
The jungle has long been associated with Lizardmen (and Clan Pestilens), but I don't think that's still the case in AoS.

The "tomb" contains a lot of chains and cogs, which I don't really see has being associated all that much with Tomb King.
The general architecture doesn't look particularly Egyptian to me, it has more of a roman feel.
There are, however, two statues that are very reminiscent of Anubis by the door.
There's also skulls on the wall, so we can expect undeads or a sort of death cult.
The pattern above the door is just scribbles.

...and then we have the real kick in the teeth, the last line of the trailer: "the Stormvaults open". So you can expect more Stormcasts. Or not...

I'd say that all of that does not necessarily points toward return of TK, but there are some elements that are definitely connected. The things is that if GW decides to bring them back, my guess is that they'll receive a heavy dose of "spin". They'll be way less "generic egyptian undead" (wouldn't want to step on Universal's toes), and way more "Mortal -Realms-ish".

If we add the last line about Stormcast, plus the rumour about "evil" Stormcasts, a possibility would be that Sigmar attempted to recruit Settra, turned him into a Stormcast, failed and now Settra and his stormhost went rogue. And there you have it: new rebranded TK, evil Stormcasts(but MORE Stormcasts nonetheless),  major plot developments, new spells from Settra, and a river of salt from all the TK fans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It could be the opening of the Great Oubliette beneath Nagashizzar, and it could be Nagash regretting his actions as they have led to this.  It is possible that, besides great heroes and villains of legend, the Great Oubliette contained some of the old Gods of Death that Nagash was unable to fully destroy or subsume, and if so then His reign as THE God of Death will no longer be undisputed.

13 minutes ago, Minis by Night said:

That kind of architecture doesn't really ring a bell for me, at least nothing related to AoS. It has a sort of "old, forgotten magic from a bygone age" feel to me.

It's actually looks very Azyr-like to me for the appearance of the city is quite like Sigmaron and Sigmarabulum

However I am not sure if there will be jungle-like thing in Azyr

• Like 1

To be honest both in Reynolds book Souls War and at the end of the Malign Portent campaign they hint at souls and heroes being freed or imprisoned to be used as currency. Could this be an expansion based on heroes abilities? With a push maybe mercenary Souls?

49 minutes ago, Bjornas said:

"Even a god may regret what he has done..."

Anyone care to guess what god and what deed it regrets?

Oh thats easy.. Sigmar regret building Stormcasts. So he remealts them into nice golden and pointy hats for chaos to wear.. “Noo Siggy?” the chaos gods will go. “You shouldn’t have done that, its way too much and we didn’t even bring something for you” and so he will have his next regret cause out of pure azyr dissapointment he regrets to have trusted a big bully organization like Games W... I mean the Chaos Gods, and he will go to celestialtgacommunity.com and let all of the other gods know exactly how dissapointed he is.

Now if they only had a sad sigmar emoji..

7 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

To be honest both in Reynolds book Souls War and at the end of the Malign Portent campaign they hint at souls and heroes being freed or imprisoned to be used as currency. Could this be an expansion based on heroes abilities? With a push maybe mercenary Souls?

Mercenary mini-factions that can ally with any army could definitely be an interesting new mechanic, particularly if they have funky new abilities available to no one else. And, like Endless Spells, models that can sold to every player is a great strategy business-wise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Minis by Night said:

Mercenary mini-factions that can ally with any army could definitely be an interesting new mechanic, particularly if they have funky new abilities available to no one else. And, like Endless Spells, models that can sold to every player is a great strategy business-wise.

I could totally see KO getting converted into one of these mini-factions, which is kinda dissapointing😨.

The short stories in white dwarf are almost certainly hints towards Forbidden Power. In the first the Ko uncover a hidden cavern which is protected by Slyvaneth. In the second a khorne hero uncovers a special weapon which is being protected by the stormcast. These are probably the stormvaults. 

The stormvault board game has heroes searching for specific locations throughout the mortal realms. 

It seems that forbidden Power is about lost artefacts of considerable power but maybe also danger. 

A selection of new items and spells that have a strong risk reward element could be pretty interesting. 

Also a quest to uncover these vaults could make for a pretty good campaign. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Minis by Night said:

That’s neat and all, I think everyone loves dogs of war. However there are plenty of factions that need a tiny facelift first..