The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

Ok. I wasn’t ready to jump on the disappointment train but this is stupid. The new trailer tells us absolutely nothing new. This is definitely a marketing miss by GW.

Yeeeeah that was kind of a flop... Well lets see what tomorrow brings...

Just now, Chikout said:

Ok. I wasn’t ready to jump on the disappointment train but this is stupid. The new trailer tells us absolutely nothing new. This is definitely a marketing miss by GW.

To me its a marketing miss because they've just teased us with Warcry as well - so it two announcements in a row with nothing to them! 

That leaves us with 3 total

Slaanesh - MORE at "some point" this year

Warcry - we know utterly nothing

Forbidden Power - honestly reading what they wrote this sounds like new spells and artifacts so Malign Sorcery Book 2 essentially. That might mean they could release it alongside the new "all factions" Endless spells they mentioned earlier

1 minute ago, ledha said:

A teaser after a teaser. Great.

Look like necromunda and bloodbowl were more important than AOS.

Thanks GW. At least i'm so unexcited that i won't have any trouble to sleep tonight.

Lets be fair here and remember that so far this year AoS has had a new army and 2 new battletomes and another one coming out on preorder this coming Saturday - its hardly like AoS is suffering for releases so far this year. And I remember the dark ages when you might have waited a YEAR to get some of that content! And we've got it in 3 months. 

I just wish GW would learn that customers hate being teased with "news of a news release" type reveals. Sometimes its better to say nothing until you've got something to say; or at least be a little clear on what the nature of an update iwll be even if one isn't going into specifics. 

Edited by Overread
  • Like 5

Ok, so the video all looks very, Tomb Kings to me... pyramid styled city, sphinx styled Griffon infront of the chamber with what looks like an Indiana Jones set, and the “Even. a God may Regret what he has done”, gw breaking down some sort of fourth wall with Sigmar now acting as a touchstone....I’m clawing at desperate straws for something cool from not very much. 

Edited by Kronos

Yeah, this is a bit of a flop haha.

Really don't need a teaser on top of a teaser...

Though, this definitely reeks of Egyptian themes. Azyr and an Oasis city, The skull Iconography, the dogs/cats guarding the entrance to the vault...

TOMB KINGS CONFIRMED... OR MORE LIKELY, TOMB KINGS BUT NEW AND AOS-FLASHY!!!

A god, Nagash,

Regretting what he has done, inadvertently wake up Settra.

... that, or GW just really twisting that knife xD

Edited by Shankelton

1 minute ago, Bjornas said:

"Even a god may regret what he has done..."

Anyone care to guess what god and what deed it regrets?

I'd say its sigmar, regretting 1) keep the tombkings alive, and 2) decided to free them during the soul wars

Lets face it if GW throws TK out then this will be hailed as the greatest surprise release of the year - however I don't think its going to be that. It's just too convenient and there's loads of skulls around AoS anyway and the city is only roughly shaped like a triangle - its honestly closer to a Hive city or the city of Gondor from LotR rather than an Egyptian one - and the Gryph Hound pose is jsut your 100% standard canine based pose. 

Regrets that he might have that don't oddly link to TK would be accepting that Arena from Malerion!We still don't know what its for but the Aelf God has hinted that its not for giving stormcast a death-free practice arena only. 

Edited by Overread
  • Like 2