The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Nos said:

You haven’t discussed it. You've said you 100% know that it is Idoneth, which you don’t.

Then people have taken these assertions as a platform to ask why it is that a thing that is complete speculation - Idoneth ES- means there would also be another entirely speculative thing which you have yourself asserted might well be the case-a Battletome- to accompany the thing you have completely speculated will be released with 100% certainty.

Please note I’ve at no point told anyone what they can or can’t say.  I will continue to demonstrate how utterly speculative it is though when people do state with utter conviction something founded entirely on speculation , to try and provide some balance in reality for people trying to determine between rumours and stuff people are either saying they know with certainty they know will happen without evidence for it, or just hope might happen on the basis of utter speculation.

Unless of course I’m not entitled to my opinion for some reason

Wow Okay. 

This isn't baseless speculation.

We know that Idoneth will get Endless spells.  We don't know when, but considering the breakneck speed of new battltomes this year, and new versions of AOS 1.0 battletombes, it seems likely in the next year and a half.

And we know  that that the rumor engine picture included details that match up 100% with current and unique idoneth sculpts, (the vase and chest). These aren't generic details, they match current Idoneth  bits perfectly.

It is entirely possible that the rumor engine pic belongs to a non-idoneth model, (like another races treasure hoard, which includes stolen idoneth stuff) , but linking it to any other faction is pure speculation, which is also fine.  Gold coins are generic, but the chest and vases are uniquely Idoneth, and so they are the only known faction linked to that rumor engine preview by more than speculation.

But considering that we know Aos 1.0 battletomes are getting updates and endless spells, and considering that we have now seen rumor images showing as yet unreleased miniatures bearing distinctive idoneth design, it seems convincing that the two are related. 

You can say the faction doesn't need anything new, and decry it as mere speculation, but then everything in this thread is speculation, and this at least is well grounded speculation, based on observation of current trends, and miniature previews. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DantePQ said:

I think tGW can just release Endless Spells for Deepkins, LoN, Nurgle and DoK alongside another endless spells expansion (and it was confirmed by GW that we're getting new universal ednless spells in 2019) without any new models, books etc :D 

That seems the most likely to me.  Or they can release it in the General’s Handbook(same for any terrain rules & allegiance changes).

My thought is the GHB since it contains the point values.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Athrawes said:

Wow Okay. 

This isn't baseless speculation.

We know that Idoneth will get Endless spells.  

Do we? Why? How? When did GW announce that? Because they’re the only people who will be making them and they haven’t announced they intend to yet have they?

You *dont know.* You don’t. You’re guessing. Informed guesses, absolutely. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there were Idoneth spells at some point. 

But you don’t know if every race is getting Endless a Spells, you don’t know if every Battletome is getting a redux. You think they are, you’ve given your reasons, there’s certain patterns etc. That’s not the same as knowing something. You are not an authority. You’re a pleb guessing like the rest of us. If you say you know something and you don’t prople will listen to you, because they wouldn’t assume you would repeatedly say you knew something if you didn’t.

How many rumour engines have featured an explicit reference to the race in question and turned out to be for that race rather than a red herring?

Lots of people guess on here about stuff. It’s kind of the point. You’ll notice that at no point have I taken issue with anyone else for guessing literally anything regardless of how crazy it is. 

But people *repeatedly* saying they know things when they don’t and doubling down on it when I point out that they’re making informed guesses and they say no, you’re wrong, I know better than you,  it’s definitely this, it’s 100% this,  and they pop in and out of the thread to enforce this schtick, well I don’t see the harm in noting that their certainty is actually just total speculation like the rest of everything on here. Because it completely is.   

Edited by Nos
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nos said:

Do we? Why? How? When did GW announce that? Because they’re the only people who will be making them and they haven’t announced they intend to yet have they?

You *dont know.* You don’t. You’re guessing. Informed guesses, absolutely. But you don’t know if every race is getting Endless a Spells, you don’t know if every Battletome is getting a redux. You think they are, you’ve given your reasons, there’s certain patterns etc. That’s not the same as knowing something. 

How many rumour engines have featured an explicit reference to the race in question and turned out to be for that race rather than a red herring?

Lots of people guess on here about stuff. It’s kind of the point. You’ll notice that at no point have I taken issue with anyone else for guessing literally anything regardless of how crazy it is.

But people *repeatedly* saying they know things when they don’t and doubling down on it when I point out that they’re making informed guesses and they say no, it’s definitely this, it’s 100% this, well I’m going to push back on that.  

But you're not pointing out and saying they are just informed guesses. You litteraly called them baseless speculation.

And yes we do know that Idoneth will get endless spells.

Every AOS 2.0 army has gotten endless spells, including Khorne now, the army that doesn't even use spells.

But saying it's baseless speculation that Idoneth will get endless spells, is willful ignorance at best.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Athrawes said:

But you're not pointing out and saying they are just informed guesses. You litteraly called them baseless speculation.

And yes we do know that Idoneth will get endless spells.

Every AOS 2.0 army has gotten endless spells, including Khorne now, the army that doesn't even use spells.

But saying it's baseless speculation that Idoneth will get endless spells, is willful ignorance at best.

I never said Idoneth Endless Spells were Baseless speculation actually. Someone inferred that from the observation I made that I was referring to the ES and I actually wasn’t but eh.  

Again we don’t know. You’re guessing. You’re predicting. That’s not knowledge. You’re assuming every army is getting a 2.0 tome, whereas as many have pointed out Maggotkin on “feels” very 2.0.

The only way we will know whether everyone is getting a Battletome and ES post Soul Wars is when GW say that. The only people who actually know the future of AOS and who are in a position to dictate whether they get them or not. Until then everyone’s guessing one way or the other no matter how hard you try to circumvent what “know” means.

Im done at this point. I’ve made it very clear where I stand and why, nothing to be gained from me repeating it.  If people feel the need to pretend they know stuff when they don’t I won’t say anything anymore, and just watch the confusion and nonsense that follows I guess. 

Just now, Kurrilino said:

Are you guys kidding ????

You are on each others throat over Idoneth endless spells ?

IT means WAR!! It's the only solution to this question!

However war is expensive so the pair of them will just have to agree to a duel at dawn with pistols 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

24 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Part of what is fun about this thread is seeing people get excited about stuff they enjoy. So forgive me if I find it enjoyable to guess about idoneth stuff when we get a hint from GW. 

Guessing is fine. You were being a lot more absolute than guessing. 

• Like 1

Seriously though people are allowed to guess and believe what they want - if they want to think its Idoneth they are 100% allowed to. Doesn't mean everyone has to accept it, you can DEBATE and discuss differences of opinion. But lets not get to the point where we are attacking each other about it. That's just getting into all kinds of silly. It's not as if the results of any of these debates will actually change anything in the real world. 

Saying its likely to be something is not going to make it fact - the halfdozen to dozen active people posting in this thread is not going to make GW magically change releases to fit with our guesses. 

Khorne stuff looks good. Should keep them tided over for quite some time considering the goodies they've already received.

Terrain piece is ok, kinda eh. For me anyways.

Happy for the boys in red. Hope the Battletome fixes some of the problems, cause I really don't want to see another one for a while xD.

• Haha 1

Interesting that wizards won't be able to dispel the blessings. I sure hope there IS a way to stop them, otherwise we just reversed the entire problem with wizardless armies. On that thought, I hope they don't jump the shark on this whole anti-magic thing. Nobody who uses wizards is ever going to want to play against someone with Khorne if it means their units are completely useless.

1 minute ago, Overread said:

The only downside ot this news is it means the Wrath and Rapture set is going away and I still didn't get any! All because of those darned rats!! Sneaky devils sneaking a huge battletome and wave of new releases in like they did! 

So just the usual Hobby ADD and wallet suffering problems?

5 hours ago, pseudonyme said:

This potential Dwarf book could be The dispossessed one but with specific Battalions to fill KO and Fyrslayers.

on a side bite, I wonder if they will make Chaos gods terrain compatible for 40k as the nurgle trees

I guess the latest news answers my question