The Rumour Thread

11 hours ago, Captain Marius said:

I think selling models is absolutely GWs top priority, and having rules to play games with them is very much a secondary consideration. 

For those unfamiliar, that has been the case since day one. Short version: they made and sold models. One of the OG had the idea that they could sell multiple models to customers if they gave them a reason. So, they tossed together a quick, free little wargame and put it in peoples' orders. Bam! 

Rules have always been secondary and pretty much just a way to shift more models.

To get back to rumor-ish stuff -

Grr! Want Khorne now! I bought 2 W&R and some other stuff with the idea of painting a Speedy Get It Done army for the first time in a long time, and I'm just waiting on that book now to start.

Had nobody seen or heard any good clue for release time?

Edited by Sleboda

It looks like shadowspear up for pre order next sat, then maybe khorne AoS the week after. Im not convinced theyll drop Black Legion and a bunch of new kits at the same time as a heavily discounted box set, and even dropping Abaddon separately would be precedented by Calgar and co being released outside of a codex release. So im expecting khorne BT in my grubby mitts by 23rd march, or 30th at the latest!

23 minutes ago, Ragnar Alpaca said:

Might be nothing, but every Dispossessed model is out of stock. US store at least. 

I saw that! But I was too scared to hope! If anyone needs to fight the dang rats and gobbos, it's THEM!

GW does make use of the "email me when available" tab so might just be there isn't a huge call for them in the USA. Not unsurprising as they are without a Battletome for a long while. So might just be they are not high priority at present and the USA needs a new shipment to arrive. Being overseas I'd imagine that overseas sites see a greater backlog fall "out of stock" before a new shipment comes. That said that's only if GW isn't keeping up with demand so it might not be something we see all too often. 

5 hours ago, Ragnar Alpaca said:

Might be nothing, but every Dispossessed model is out of stock. US store at least. 

I noticed a ton of stuff out at the moment. Many dragons, the Hydra, zombie dragon, half the Skaven range. I'm beginning to think there's just a straight up production issue.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sleboda said:

I noticed a ton of stuff out at the moment. Many dragons, the Hydra, zombie dragon, half the Skaven range. I'm beginning to think there's just a straight up production issue.

Remember GW are casting all this in a fairly small area comparatively, to the point where they are using too much of Nottinghams power grid.

Is there any indication of timelines for version 2 battletomes such as Sylvaneth, Fyreslayers etc? ...or the sylvaneth underworld warband release date?

I thought it was interesting that the sylvaneth had a Revenant  style wizard, surely it must get unique rules in AoS too. Unless it's everyone's new Branchwraith model :P

I think it's interesting how they have reordered all of the armies on the GW site.

Aelves are pretty much car parked in one cluster. I'm hoping for an unexpected Wanderers battletome. :P 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jetengine said:

Remember GW are casting all this in a fairly small area comparatively, to the point where they are using too much of Nottinghams power grid.

I think I recall that it wasn't so much that they were using too much, but that city works had resulted in a power loss to the region the factory is in; though that was well over a year ago so I've no idea if works are still ongoing. Even without being underpowered GW was still building a  brand new factory which isn't yet online so that still means they'll have production issues. 

Shipping overseas is likely done in bulk as well so its more likely that a fast selling region like the USA might well fall out of stock in bulk before they get a bulk update. 

I can well see that if the US market keeps growing GW might one day open a factory in that region even if just to produce a limited range of fast selling products; however such a move is quite major for them so its likely something they probably want to hold off as long as possible (esp since it would be a vast cost since each mould is into the hundreds of thousands already so the USA would REALLY have to pick up a huge bulkload of sales to make heavy investment like that worth it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jetengine said:

Exac, plus they've been burnt by overseas production before with china.

If GW opened factories in the USA I'd expect them to be owned and managed by GW - the China issues were 3rd party factories hired to produce a result which failed to meet required standards - GW isn't alone in this, many Kickstarter companies have had nightmares with factories in China. 

11 hours ago, svnvaldez said:

Many Gloomspite are "Temporarily out of stock Online". I'm sure they are not gone forever since they are all models pictured in the new battletome but it is frustrating for those wanting to add them to the collection now that a new tome is out. 

Must be bringing out new Gloomspite 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Ragnar Alpaca said:

They're just out of stock, not "no longer available", so almost certainly nothing other than production issues. That's probably why we're seeing terrain pieces and endless spells pushed so hard with every battletome. Since those are contracted out to China for manufacturing, they don't impact miniature production.

• Like 1

They have been having production issues for a long time, which is why they started building new production facilities at Nottingham HQ last year. I don't know if they're up and running yet but we'll definitely be feeling that big upswing in production capacity.