The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, Aegisgrimm said:

I'm making sure I buy a copy of the Gitmob Shaman that is still being sold for my skirmish games

Excellent choice!

11 minutes ago, Aegisgrimm said:

as my Warboss needs a pet 'caster, and who easier to push around than a gobbo?

Booooooo! 😂

10 hours ago, RexHavoc said:

(We will see over the next few weeks if the sales are as popular as they seem to be, or if this is just everyone getting excited but just using up the old battle for skull pass minis we all have!)

Because good sales of KO brought them good rules and attention from GW ^^

I was excited first by new gobos,to revive my army in AoS  but seeing that half of it has just vanished made me rethink and just conclude to a "PASS" for me. (But I admit that some of the minis are nice)

It is such a bad move (and awful signal for future release) from GW. Now, in AoS, I'm just waiting for Darkoath. And maybe in the future, I'll see what they do with green skins (gobs and orcs) . Maybe...

5 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I was excited first by new gobos,to revive my army in AoS  but seeing that half of it has just vanished made me rethink and just conclude to a "PASS" for me. (But I admit that some of the minis are nice)

It is such a bad move (and awful signal for future release) from GW. Now, in AoS, I'm just waiting for Darkoath. And maybe in the future, I'll see what they do with green skins (gobs and orcs) . Maybe...

I'm curious as to half of which just vanished, as the Gloomspite Battletome is an expansion of Moonclan, Spiderfang and Troggoth allegiances the only model I know to be cut out of the rules would be the Sourbreath Troggoths.

With Gitmob going is is understandable that people would be upset, but they were never billed as being part of Gloomspite as to be a mislead in that regard.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, eciu said:

Because good sales of KO brought them good rules and attention from GW ^^

They came out when GW wasn't where they are at now.
But as there is a shadespire gang for KO coming and the rumour that we will see new battletomes and models for some of the older AoS forces, to bring them in to line with the recent releases, so I wouldn't be surprised too see a huge KO update some time in the next 12 months. They are a brand new army that have been heavily included in all the fluff, if they had no intention of updating them we wouldn't have heard much about them in the past 12 months.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RexHavoc said:

They are a brand new army that have been heavily included in all the fluff,

Yes, every setting need redshirts

So are Dispossesed quite often seen in fluff, yet it (also) hadn't brought them anything (except being robbed of their artillery for Ironweld Arsenal). 

in regards to the rumour of updated battletomes coming for older 1st edition books, why are people expecting Kharadron Overlords to be one of them?
im aware people think theyre bad right now, but as that is a newer book with allegience abillities etc i wouldnt expect to see them getting anything at the moment.

the books i would expect to be updated are those 1st edition books without alleigence abilities/ghb alleigence abilities such as Everchosen (basically confirmed due to Darkoath), Flesh-Eater Courts (again, basically confirmed with Carrion Empire), Fyreslayers, Skaven Pestilens (beasts of chaos type Skaven book), Ironjawz.

Slaanesh are basically confirmed to get a book with new models and id say at this point Khorne needs a new book due to the scattered rules and faq/erratas making the current book almost useless (daemon warscrolls at least are due to be updated to match the new rules from Wrath & Rapture-all the Hell Blade weapons)

It is more a matter of WHEN than a matter of  "IF" 

11 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

in regards to the rumour of updated battletomes coming for older 1st edition books, why are people expecting Kharadron Overlords to be one of them?
im aware people think theyre bad right now, but as that is a newer book with allegience abillities etc i wouldnt expect to see them getting anything at the moment.

the books i would expect to be updated are those 1st edition books without alleigence abilities/ghb alleigence abilities such as Everchosen (basically confirmed due to Darkoath), Flesh-Eater Courts (again, basically confirmed with Carrion Empire), Fyreslayers, Skaven Pestilens (beasts of chaos type Skaven book), Ironjawz.

Slaanesh are basically confirmed to get a book with new models and id say at this point Khorne needs a new book due to the scattered rules and faq/erratas making the current book almost useless (daemon warscrolls at least are due to be updated to match the new rules from Wrath & Rapture-all the Hell Blade weapons)

@Joseph Mackay I think KO are highly ranked in peoples desires to have  new Battletome because whilst they are not super old they do have some issues. Furthermore they lack any magical ability so the whole Endless spell system is closed off to them at present. Of course this could be resolved with a single duel mage kit release or something like that or adapting existing rules. 

There is no denying that al ot of older factions that got books before 2.0, do need a clean up. That said an army with a Battletome at least is SAFE in terms of it being very unlikely GW will retire the army or even models within it. There are a lot more armies that are not "SAFE" at present which GW to address that. Last thing we want is for AoS to limp on with loads of confusing half and semi factions kicking around - it confuses old players and its even more confusing for new players 

not every faction needs to, or should have access to magic and endless spells though

Kharadron Overlords, Dispossessed, Fyreslayers, Khorne (except for Archaon) all lack magic without allies and none of them really should have magic. instead they should have ways of dealing with magic (dispossessed banners ignoring spells for example)

its the same with shooting, not every army has access to it, and some just shouldnt

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Overread said:

I think KO are highly ranked in peoples desires to have  new Battletome because whilst they are not super old they do have some issues. Furthermore they lack any magical ability so the whole Endless spell system is closed off to them at present. Of course this could be resolved with a single duel mage kit release or something like that or adapting existing rules. 

GW said you can ally wizard. 

Why are you not wanting to ally some Stormcast Wizard ?

Go ally Stormcast Wizard!

Why didn't you ally Stormcast Wizard ?

(...)

<looks at Runelord and Endless Spells>
<laughter>

Ko might not get access to magic as we currently see it, but they are one of the main factions of AoS with out endless spells or a terrain feature.
You can all but guarantee that Stormcast will get a terrain feature as soon as they get their next update.

You dont have to need to give KO magic for them to have endless spells. They could tap into magical energies for the realms, or GW could use this a chance to expand endless spells from just magic to other similar ideas. They could get fuel supplies, aether gold deposits or defence turrets that all offer bonuses. 

The biggest issue AoS has right now is that the current model of releases seems to have gone down rather well with the community, yet some of the more recent armies which are quite popular, DoK, KO, BCR...are recent enough releases that a a sudden reprint of the battletomes would cause as stir that they were returning to the sort of release cycle of the last couple of editions (something they seemed to want to do away with with AoS) but just that bit too old to have gotten the new stuff like the terrain and spells.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, chord said:

What would KO terrain look like?  A cloud?  😀

Mobile repair and refuel station with some guns, or mobile aether powercore that generates w and mw protection and can attack or aether "eye of the storm" type of powercore that generates aetherstorm around it.

Edited by cofaxest
  • Like 3