The Rumour Thread

10 hours ago, Enoby said:

For those who believe Darkoath and 'older' AoS factions will get a release soon, when do you think GW will get around to them? We have a confirmed goblin release in AoS and two(?) codexes at least to go in 40k, so I feel we won't see any other AoS stuff until March or later (and given track records, that might end up being Stormcast). I feel like December will be a 'dead' month for new releases as it has been consitently, and we know that Moonclan are the next battletome (so probably January), and Vigilus has been announced for 40k so something will likely happen with that - it feels like we don't have enough time for all of this cool stuff.

Don't forget Wrath & Rapture, which will probably tie in with a pretty major Slaanesh update for both AoS and 40k. The hype train will probably start rolling late dec / early jan, considering the previous Tzeentch and Nurgle updates.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Yokai said:

Don't forget Wrath & Rapture, which will probably tie in with a pretty major Slaanesh update for both AoS and 40k. The hype train will probably start rolling late dec / early jan, considering the previous Tzeentch and Nurgle updates.

True. That said, I'm wondering if we'll have a break between W&R and a big Slaanesh release. A bit like how Blightwar came out in August and Nurgle got their stuff in January, so we might not even see a full Slaanesh release until June (which I guess would be fitting at the sixth month). 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Enoby said:

True. That said, I'm wondering if we'll have a break between W&R and a big Slaanesh release. A bit like how Blightwar came out in August and Nurgle got their stuff in January, so we might not even see a full Slaanesh release until June (which I guess would be fitting at the sixth month). 

I'd say Moonclan will be the released on January, StD on March Slaanesh in June, then a couple of soup tomes that just need a week of releases (free peoples or dispossessed maybe?) and then the inevitable shadow and light elves that will come after Slaanesh.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

People speculate on releases like 40k doesn't exist. What about primaris wave 2? What about CSM? What about GSC and Ynnari? 

Book releases without big model support are quite a realistic prospect. I don't see four new armies a year for AoS as likely. 

Because I doubt a 2nd wave of primaris is due next year, whatever release CSM may wave will be shared with StD, GSC will come out at some point bot won't be a very big release so it won't take a whole month and there's no sign of Ynnari getting anything.

What sort of horrible, spiky abomination could this belong to? Is it even flesh, or some sort of hybrid abomination of sinew and something…else?“

It certainly looks horrific. While 40k would make sense, note the visual similarity to the Korgorath, especially in the armor trim. This might be part of a new model for W&R.

C262871E-7C8A-44BD-8AFC-D0900B80D3CF.jpeg

Just now, Drakensgreed said:

What sort of horrible, spiky abomination could this belong to? Is it even flesh, or some sort of hybrid abomination of sinew and something…else?“

It certainly looks horrific. While 40k would make sense, note the visual similarity to the Korgorath, especially in the armor trim. This might be part of a new model for W&R.

I immediatedly thought of the Khorgorath as well. You might be on point with that impression! 

If it's not part of that boxed set as some kind of daemon (making it AOS applicable), it might be some construct of war for the Emperor's children - assuming they get a release around the same time as Slaanesh does, the same way that Death Guard did.

4 minutes ago, Spider King said:

Personally, I think it looks more likely to be something for 40K CSM as opposed to an AoS release - it reminds me of the Forgefiend/Helbrute.

Yeah just not sure though if the hellbrute or forgefiends even need a new model.

they still look fantastic, are rather new and made out of plastic.

so this might be a new daemon engine for the csm.

Or maybe even a heavy Ectoplasma canon for a new chaos space marine units

20 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Yeah just not sure though if the hellbrute or forgefiends even need a new model.

they still look fantastic, are rather new and made out of plastic.

so this might be a new daemon engine for the csm.

Or maybe even a heavy Ectoplasma canon for a new chaos space marine units

They weren’t saying it’ll be a new Helbrute/Forgefiend, just that it’s the same sort of style.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AshCrow said:

Because I doubt a 2nd wave of primaris is due next year, whatever release CSM may wave will be shared with StD, GSC will come out at some point bot won't be a very big release so it won't take a whole month and there's no sign of Ynnari getting anything.

I know for a  fact there is a new Primaris release, other stuff is speculation.

2 hours ago, Drakensgreed said:

My guess would be Chaos Titans for Adeptus Titanicus

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

Many GW (themselves) infos point in this direction. But could enlighten us?

An individual who claims to be in the know told me that we will see Abaddon return in a new sculpt and a release of new Primaris models. So, hearsay. But I believe it. That's about as close to any genuine rumour that will see the light on this forum tbh.

15 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

An individual who claims to be in the know told me that we will see Abaddon return in a new sculpt and a release of new Primaris models. So, hearsay. But I believe it. That's about as close to any genuine rumour that will see the light on this forum tbh.

... know for a  fact ...

You realise there have been rumours we've had on here from some people who know GW HQ staff, that have turned out entirely correct. Lots of what is posted is hearsay, and posted as such, not posted as 'fact'.