The Rumour Thread

Set in the Realms is fairly sensible though as the AoS isn't a world but is various Realms. I'd wager that GW will keep the realm system; it lets them have so much freedom to create and add things as they want. Yes they need to map and flesh it out more and honestly it needs a big overhaul to push Chaos back so that every map isn't just Chaos Chaos Chaos (which is steadily happening). 

I think getting rid of Realms would be a mistake, there's too much tied up in them both in the current lore and in the historical lore and in the gameplay mechanics. Perhaps one day in the distant future they could recombine, but I think GW needs to let a lot of dust settle and let AoS mature before they do that again. Last thing they want is to retcon huge swathes of lore that is only just getting itself properly established.

• Like 4

Just now, Skarloc said:

What about Warscroll cards?  They all got removed back in July when Souls Wars was released with corresponding cards in landscape layout format.

BoC got theirs with the new Battletome in September.

Any sign when all other factions will get their updated Warscroll cards? Thanks.

I did ask my local manager, as I want a set of nurgle ones but want them in the new version and he they wouldn't replace them any time soon, he still has tons on the shelf, as they were still so new. But none of them seem to be on the webstore except the nighthaunt ones. So maybe we will get all new ones soon. Even the brand new storm cast ones have vanished.

We must have a new stormcast release coming very soon then! ?

I expect that a lot of AoS releases for 2019 will be updating old Battletomes and giving them the Beast of Chaos treatment: a new battletome, a new piece of scenery and 3 endless spells. There's rumours floating around about updates for the Fyreslayers, Ironjaws and Seraphon. Beastclaw Raiders  and Kharadron could use a little boost as well. As far as I can tell, GW does not release models that do not appear in a Battletome, so if they want to add the spells and the scenery, they need new tomes. It's a good occasion to correct the early mistakes of 1st edition in both the gameplay and the lore, and it's a cheap-ish way of boosting the sells for armies that are not so popular at the moment, in part because they feel "left behind".

We'll also probably get a few more "soup" Battletomes, like skaven and bundling the Slaves to Darkness and Everchosen with the "possible" Darkoath release.

• Like 5

I'd rather they updated old AoS era battletomes first (with new minis) , before making more beasts of chaos style. Or a ratio 2:1 would be good. People entering AoS have higher expectations of support then people who bought their minis like 10 years ago. Or at least should be. Ironjawz and Fyreslayers are AoS products. Not Skaven and High Elves. At least not yet. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Aryann said:

I'd rather they updated old AoS era battletomes first (with new minis) , before making more beasts of chaos style. Or a ratio 2:1 would be good. People entering AoS have higher expectations of support then people who bought their minis like 10 years ago. Or at least should be. Ironjawz and Fyreslayers are AoS products. Not Skaven and High Elves. At least not yet. 

This doesn’t really work, as GW are still selling the models and advertising the ‘older’ factions.

By this logic, as I bought some Skaven yesterday, I should be entitled to a Battletome before someone who bought there Fyreslayers 2 years ago. 

+++MOD HAT+++

General reminder folks, please don't post leaked pictures on TGA as it's against forum rules.  We've had a significant increase of these recently, including long-time members of the forum who should already know...

Pictures from Warhammer Community, Live Events and Official GW Social Media are fine, but pictures from White Dwarf and the potato camera are not.

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

+++MOD HAT+++

General reminder folks, please don't post leaked pictures on TGA as it's against forum rules.  We've had a significant increase of these recently, including long-time members of the forum who should already know...

Pictures from Warhammer Community, Live Events and Official GW Social Media are fine, but pictures from White Dwarf and the potato camera are not.

Doesn't this limit the usefulness of a rumor topic? I mean, half the rumors in here are due to "leaks" from wd, gw flyers or some guy on the internet who went dumpster diving behind warhammer world. And let's face it, more than half of those leaks are planted by gw while 100% are nowadays owned by them. So showing them here is integral part of a rumor discussion IMHO. 

And what is the reason behind this policy? Asking out of genuine interest. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, youngSkywalker said:

Doesn't this limit the usefulness of a rumor topic? I mean, half the rumors in here are due to "leaks" from wd, gw flyers or some guy on the internet who went dumpster diving behind warhammer world. And let's face it, more than half of those leaks are planted by gw while 100% are nowadays owned by them. So showing them here is integral part of a rumor discussion IMHO. 

And what is the reason behind this policy? Asking out of genuine interest. 

Adding few cents of my own to this. What is the purpose of this policy? Considering that lifespan of potato pictures is less than 24 hours on weekdays. Till Monday, when they pop up on weekend. Community site responding to them immediately, we are soon spoiled with proper official pictures.  Not looking to far into past, morning ebay auction with fiends pop up, same day official movie is released.

This forum is something special and unique, but those pictures spread over the Internet like wildfire, this is just one other place where people can/could find them, build the hype, discuss and so on. This policy looks a little bit like fighting wildfire with syringe. Unless there is some serious reasoning behind it, it looks like pointless limitation nowadays.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RuneBrush said:

+++MOD HAT+++

Hi, just for clarity - would White Dwarf photos be considered a leak?

It is a published document by GW - if Joe Public has it in their hands, then it is because GW has issued it through their normal channels. Totally different where the case of a GW employee has leaked something - but for WD "leaks" in particular, it is in the vast majority of cases that I have seen, a situation where someone has received info before I have. I'll still get the same info a couple of days later, if i get to the shop. I say all this because i look at it like an equivalent of sharing a screenshot from the community site. I hadn't read their published content until it was put in front of me. Same situation but with digital source rather than print.

Not to whinge, but genuine question for clarification for this particular form of "leak".

Thanks

19 minutes ago, Malin said:

Adding few cents of my own to this. What is the purpose of this policy? Considering that lifespan of potato pictures is less than 24 hours on weekdays. Till Monday, when they pop up on weekend. Community site responding to them immediately, we are soon spoiled with proper official pictures.  Not looking to far into past, morning ebay auction with fiends pop up, same day official movie is released.

This forum is something special and unique, but those pictures spread over the Internet like wildfire, this is just one other place where people can/could find them, build the hype, discuss and so on. This policy looks a little bit like fighting wildfire with syringe. Unless there is some serious reasoning behind it, it looks like pointless limitation nowadays.

The purpose?  To not ****** off GW, who Ben is friends with and who provide support to his business ventures (Blood and Glory tournament for example).  And as the ticker at the top of the forum shows, upto now this place has been fully funded by Ben and thus only exists because he has been able to afford to pump thousands of pounds over the years to keep it running.

Edited by stato
  • Like 4

+++MOD HAT+++

OK, I'm going to reply to the above comments with my mod hat on - please note this isn't a discussion, if you wish to discuss this further then please send a PM to the Mods.

However, the rules have been in place from day one when TGA was launched.  Each of us agreed to abide by them when we signed up and in exchange we get to frequent this forum for free.  There aren't many rules but this is one of them - and a fairly small one considering how much the forum costs to run.

Does this actually impact the discussion we can have on here?  I'm fairly sure it doesn't, the speed at which the Warhammer Community team get high quality photos out is so quick, we'd get a handful of comments before a decent photo can be used.  

@Mortarch Yes, WD pages are leaks - and technically a form of copyright infringement too, in the same manner as if you'd photographed/replicated a Battletome or the Generals Handbook.  I appreciate this is quite a hard line to take and sorry for that.

BACK TO RUMOURS FOLKS

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

+++MOD HAT+++

OK, I'm going to reply to the above comments with my mod hat on - please note this isn't a discussion, if you wish to discuss this further then please send a PM to the Mods.

However, the rules have been in place from day one when TGA was launched.  Each of us agreed to abide by them when we signed up and in exchange we get to frequent this forum for free.  There aren't many rules but this is one of them - and a fairly small one considering how much the forum costs to run.

Does this actually impact the discussion we can have on here?  I'm fairly sure it doesn't, the speed at which the Warhammer Community team get high quality photos out is so quick, we'd get a handful of comments before a decent photo can be used.  

@Mortarch Yes, WD pages are leaks - and technically a form of copyright infringement too, in the same manner as if you'd photographed/replicated a Battletome or the Generals Handbook.  I appreciate this is quite a hard line to take and sorry for that.

BACK TO RUMOURS FOLKS

If there is an expectation for this forum to be publicly / crowd funded (which seems to be the case), should there not be a democratic process to determining a code of conduct?  Linking to or showing already leaked images is not the same as leaking them yourself, newspaper's print dubiously sourced material all the time on the basis they were not directly responsible for attaining it.

A fan group should not be bullied by a manufacturer into complying with their wishes where no law has been broken, ultimately anything GW "wishes" but cannot legally enforce ought to be non-binding. I do not think they would have legal ground to pursue the forum for sharing previously leaked material, as no significant legal challenge is or has been made to websites choosing to share it.

If this forum were a complete private entity it could set rules on a whim, but when you're asking for money I believe members have a right to their view point.

I call for a people's vote!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I call for a people's vote!

It's probably worth its own thread, but many forums fund themselves through a mixture of private investment (owners pocket), advertising revenue and donations from members. Members are not so much crowd funding as they are donating toward the upkeep of the site. So its very unlikely any public voting will take place - plus such a thing would be an utter nightmare to organise. 

Which is not to say the membership won't get its say, nor that they cannot raise questions and request change, but that the members cannot dictate to the owners of the site. Same as pretty much any forum out there on the internet. 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

Thread raised on the topic - @RuneBrush i'm aware you've given an answer here and that that is the formal mod stance,  I figure a separate thread lets members air their views on the policy and also clear the air in more detail from the mods/admin perspective without derailing this thread.

Edited by Overread
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Overread said:

Thread raised on the topic - @RuneBrush i'm aware you've given an answer here and that that is the formal mod stance,  I figure a separate thread lets members air their views on the policy and also clear the air in more detail from the mods/admin perspective without derailing this thread.

That was shut down with somewhat fascist efficiency. 

I just don't understand why this forum sees it as such an issue to post genuine rumour based leaks when many, many others do not. Dakka, faeit, BoLS, war of sigmar etc. 

If the owner has a financial interest in creating rules influenced by GW non-binding wishes then this should be declared. Otherwise, I do not see why we cannot have a vote on the topic to allow membership to decide whether it is a policy we agree with. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

That was shut down with somewhat fascist efficiency. 

Very simple warning. Do not associate me locking a thread with fascism. That is totally the wrong language to use.

9 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I just don't understand why this forum sees it as such an issue to post genuine rumour based leaks when many, many others do not. Dakka, faeit, BoLS, war of sigmar etc. 

It's the rules @Ben wants to use and we have used for years. If you do not agree with them, this is probably not the forum for you.

If you need to discuss this more, we can chat with messages rather than cluttering up this topic 

Now can we have some rumours please!!!!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Very simple warning. Do not associate me locking a thread with fascism. That is totally the wrong language to use.

It's the rules @Ben wants to use and we have used for years. If you do not agree with them, this is probably not the forum for you.

If you need to discuss this more, we can chat with messages rather than cluttering up this topic 

Now can we have some rumours please!!!!!

So if I disagree with one part of something then my choice is to either conform or leave? That seems like an unrealistic binary, I think it's perfectly fair to want a discussion on the pros and cons of the issue in question. That is to say, a public debate where everyone can see and respond. Setting up an alternative thread for that seemed like an excellent idea, but as that isn't possible then writing here seems to be the correct response.

I do not think it is correct to censor debate on an issue that clearly relates to the subject matter of this topic and which I believe is of interest to many members.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

So if I disagree with one part of something then my choice is to either conform or leave? That seems like an unrealistic binary, I think it's perfectly fair to want a discussion on the pros and cons of the issue in question. That is to say, a public debate where everyone can see and respond. Setting up an alternative thread for that seemed like an excellent idea, but as that isn't possible then writing here seems to be the correct response.

I do not think it is correct to censor debate on an issue that clearly relates to the subject matter of this topic and which I believe is of interest to many members.

Rumours thread is not the appropriate location have this debate.  We've been exceptionally tolerant so far despite being very clear on what to do if you're not happy about the rules.  Please PM the Mod's if you wish to continue this discussion.

• Like 5

Just now, TheR00zle said:

In regards to moonclan, weren’t we supposed to get more information last Sunday? What happened to that?

I don't think they promised anything about more information about Moonclan apart from the tease on Friday. Personally I'm expecting it to be all Blackstone Fortress and Orks this month. A good place to keep an eye out for teases, is the Hammerhal Herald ;);) 

As best I could determine, the extra info we were receiving on Sunday was purely to do with Blackstone fortress. 

With a 2 week pre order period for blackstone taking us right up to the end of november, along with the slaanesh and khorne box still awaited, I'd be surprised if we see any more about moonclan before that. 

Best educated guess is moonclan for next january. 

Januwaaaaaaghry?

I don't expect to see anything of Moonclan until next year, they've teased it this month so I'd expect January for them. This month we've got a lot of weeks eaten up with big box Christmas releases. There's also Blackstone taking a 2 week pre-order (which might mean we miss one whole week of new products to order). Wrath and Rapture is iffy on if its this year or next, but I'd wager as they've shown the box art (which almost confirms the 2 other new options in the box) as well as shown off the fiends and hounds, we are close to a release this year (ergo pre-Christmas). 

After that I just can't see there's any time left to get Moonclan out, esp when one considers that GW is going to wind down a bit over December and January as staff go on holidays.