The Rumour Thread

So there's a moon and mushrooms in that teaser, but it could still be some kind of mixed destruction book, but I'm hoping for pure moonclan and I think that's likely. But such a bare teaser right now means it's probably not likely too soon, possibly January. As much as I want a Moonclan book, I'm fine waiting if it means we get new models too. Of non-mainstream armies, I started with Nighthaunt and then they got a book, then I got some Moonclan and it looks like they're getting a book. I'm getting some old second  fantasy Dwarfs sometime soon that I'm building int a Disposed army, so I look forward to their book next year. Maybe I should start build out my Skaven army after that to help all you Skaven players.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ok that all looks freaking awesome! 

The new Eldar and Chaos warriors in Blackstone look fantastic (as to the others); whilst the new Hounds of Khorne look great! Really looking forward to seeing the other new things in that box (expecting it to be heralds). Overall really fantastic block of news even though the only thing on my "to buy" list is the Demon vs Demon boxed set when it arrives.

Sounds like a powerful end to the year (not sure if its all confirmed for release this year? )

1 minute ago, Alexonian said:

only need plastic keeper of secrets and I'm going to be super happy

I'd be shocked if that appears now, I wager that will be saved for the new Battletome/Codex event. Along perhaps with a new infantry unit or some other stuff (since you know all the other 3 gods got loads of new fancy stuff when they launched - esp Nurgle)

1 minute ago, Alexonian said:

only need plastic keeper of secrets and I'm going to be super happy

The might follow the script of Blightwar where a couple new things drop in a box set, and Slaanesh with get a bunch of new stuff soon including a book and a big plastic KoS.

• Like 3

Just now, Overread said:

I'd be shocked if that appears now, I wager that will be saved for the new Battletome/Codex event. Along perhaps with a new infantry unit or some other stuff (since you know all the other 3 gods got loads of new fancy stuff when they launched - esp Nurgle)

yeah and I hope it isn't to far of, but since they showed the moonclan battletome but didn't show any new models and claim they are the next battletome one can assume its gonna be  while :/

Just now, bsharitt said:

The might follow the script of Blightwar where a couple new things drop in a box set, and Slaanesh with get a bunch of new stuff soon including a book and a big plastic KoS.

I bet its going to be precisely that

We finally have some tangible evidence of something coming for Destruction. Looks like next year will be a fun one to look forward to. I can't wait to see how this shakes up the game!

Until then, I'm putting intangible money on mixed Destruction book, maybe some new models but most likely just endless spells.  

Edited by CaptainSoup

3 minutes ago, Alexonian said:

yeah and I hope it isn't to far of, but since they showed the moonclan battletome but didn't show any new models and claim they are the next battletome one can assume its gonna be  while :/

GW doesnt like to show things that are more than 3 months away. 

The First Idoneth Preview was similar. Only some artwork and a "soon" and then Just a few weeks later we got a pretty extensiv Preview.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gecktron said:

The First Idoneth Preview was similar. Only some artwork and a "soon" and then Just a few weeks later we got a pretty extensiv Preview.

they do really like to use "soon" I don't think I'm on same page as Gw what soon is though :P

Slightly later then expected, but I also think it'll be here in less than three months. This also means I might be dead wrong about Slaanesh begin the winter release, like all the other chaos stuff.

That's not a bad thing, destruction needs that book more tbh.

• Like 1

Can't say I'm fond of the new direction on Khorgors. They have been going oldschool on so many things and I am quite fond of the Realms of Chaos Dog-Soldier look. Those Renegades though. Perfect.

All in all Blackstone Fortress is a must buy for me.

On the AoS front, Wrath and Rapture and the Darkoath Warband look quite good. Not to fond of how cartoonish the hair is sculpted, but I was going to change that anyway.

Curious to see what else comes in W&R, looks like cavalry for each side will be the only old models, so compared to the likes of Tooth and Claw, there is actually quite a bit of space left.

9 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

That's not totally true. We have some Rumour Engine that stay unsolve for almost a year. The first trailer for Wrath & Rapture was back in August, and it's November already, and since they didn't show all the new models yet, we can't expect that to be released before at least December, possibly January.

I think that they finally learned that the hype machine can work in their favour if they use it right.

Edited by Minis by Night