The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, Minis by Night said:

And then we got the sprue leak, which although it IS Slaneesh, is not necessarily part of the box, and was most likely unintentional.

While it's no guarantee, there is a fiend in the artwork on the video for W&R. I think the artwork is new so I'd imagine it's part of the box set, and it would seem odd to have a fiend if it wasn't part of the set itself.

A bit of he-said-she-said, but there was also someone who went to NOVA who mentioned that there would be new models for both forces. I would imagine the fiend is the new Slaanesh model. 

Again, it confirms nothing, but it is something to consider. 

• Like 1

I just hope for a full model redesign, even though Daemonettes are fairly new.

I don’t mind their design, but the poses are very static and don’t match their whole aesthetic.

Ideally we’ll get some awesome looking Slaanesh mortals. Definitely we’re getting a new KoS. Longshot/wishlist, we’re getting some Slaanesh beastmen.

I think we'll probably get Wrath and Rapture at the beginning of November or December (GW doesn't do full army releases or anything really substantial in December other than bundles). I also remember hearing that Khorne will also be getting new models. I fully expect the only new models in the box to be the Fiend (which looks great), and plastic Flesh Hounds for Khorne. I don't expect the Slaanesh mortals/ KoS until quarter two or three next year, due to Slaanesh being a major plot point. I think once Slaanesh is released we will get Malerion's and Tyrions Elves as the following armies, to complement the narrative of Slaanesh being free. As much as I'm looking forward to Malerion's elves, it makes me skeptical we will see those cool Free Guild from the artwork anytime soon (AoS needs more normal humans).

I'm assuming we will get Moon Clan in November or January and Darkoath the following quarter (if we get Moon Clan November, Darkoath will be Q1, and if we get Moon Clan Q1, we will get Darkoath Q2.

My guess at GW's schedule is:

October: Orks for 40k, we will probably see some previews at Spiel of what is upcoming.
November: Necromunda Delaque, Blood Bowl Team, Genestealer cult codex + aberrants and gunslinger character, Blackstone Fortress, possible Moon Clan.
December: Wrath and Rapture and bundles.
January: Moon Clan if they haven't been released yet, otherwise no idea.

People talk about the new elves for the twins and Malerion, and while I won't deny they have been set up in lore I don't think they are anywhere near seeing army releases. I would be shocked if we see another aelf army release within the next year. 

Two reasons 1) it would compete too strongly with recently released new sculpts which GW will still want to get a good sales performance from for at least the next couple of years. 2) there have been no whispers of these models as something in active development from solid sources. 

Wrath and Rapture will feature new plastic heralds, a fiend and flesh hounds. A Slaanesh release will follow next year. Dark oath and Moonclan will release before the end of the financial year. 

Next year will be lighter on AoS products. I expect a new Primaris release for 40k next year. 

• Like 1

I can't see why 2019 would be lighter on AoS releases - AoS needs a heavy year of releases even if its just new Battletomes that tidy up the listings. GW can't keep AoS as it currently is forever. Right now if you go to 40K, Bloodbowl, Lord of the rings or any range from GW you can easily see each army on its own tab on the store and easily get their Rules/codex. Right now AoS is a mess all over the place - some armies have Battletomes, some are in the Grand Alliance book, some are in the Generals Handbook, some are spread between them etc...

It turns people away (even those with old collected models) because it leaves them confused about what is going on. GW needs to clean house with AoS if they are going to build on the already big successes its been having. Sure I agree we might not see many full new armies, but at the very least they need a big year to clean things up. 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

People talk about the new elves for the twins and Malerion, and while I won't deny they have been set up in lore I don't think they are anywhere near seeing army releases. I would be shocked if we see another aelf army release within the next year. 

Two reasons 1) it would compete too strongly with recently released new sculpts which GW will still want to get a good sales performance from for at least the next couple of years. 2) there have been no whispers of these models as something in active development from solid sources. 

Wrath and Rapture will feature new plastic heralds, a fiend and flesh hounds. A Slaanesh release will follow next year. Dark oath and Moonclan will release before the end of the financial year. 

Next year will be lighter on AoS products. I expect a new Primaris release for 40k next year. 

Any new Khorne Berzerkers for 40k? :/ 

3 minutes ago, Overread said:

I can't see why 2019 would be lighter on AoS releases - AoS needs a heavy year of releases even if its just new Battletomes that tidy up the listings. GW can't keep AoS as it currently is forever. Right now if you go to 40K, Bloodbowl, Lord of the rings or any range from GW you can easily see each army on its own tab on the store and easily get their Rules/codex. Right now AoS is a mess all over the place - some armies have Battletomes, some are in the Grand Alliance book, some are in the Generals Handbook, some are spread between them etc...

It turns people away (even those with old collected models) because it leaves them confused about what is going on. GW needs to clean house with AoS if they are going to build on the already big successes its been having. Sure I agree we might not see many full new armies, but at the very least they need a big year to clean things up. 

That’s what I’m super hoping for. 

Agreed Overread, I would appreciate seeing new stuff for AoS too. Plus the Cult release could be really small and just include a repackage, a new character, and a book.

That is good reasoning Hollow, as we have recently got two new Aelf factions (Though DoK were a pretty marginal release....three kits and a book?). So maybe the Aelves are off in a he distance. To be fair, Destruction and Death are the alliances that could really use some cool new armies, off the top of my head they have only got one each since the game came about (I'm not counting writing a book for existing models).

A new plastic Herald is a possibility in the boxed set. I don't think we'll see the full Slaanesh release until mid next year though. I think that will include cultists of some sort, some "elite" option (Tzaangor, Blood Warrior, etc.) , probably one more dual kit, and the new KoS.

I imagine we'll seen Moon Clan, Darkoath, and then Slaanesh. To be fair, I'm just happy as long as we don't get anymore Stormcast or Nurgle from GW for a few years.

• Like 1

I really hope GW holds off on Stormcast for a while - right now they've got more listings than some grand alliances! Plus there's a big danger that if they keep releasing lots of Stormcast they will end up just repeating themselves in what they release which will invalidate old models. 

SC have a bit of everything right now - mages, monsters, dragons, siege, ranged, fliers and endless spells. They need a period of nothing to let SC players catch up and to let others take the centre stage and get releases. Plus I'd honestly hate for AoS to end up like 40K and have one post-child faction that gets all the attention and thus all the sales and thus all the more attention. 

One of the biggest strengths of old fantasy was that it had no poster-child faction so all factions were more equally treated. Granted this also hurt marketing somewhat - SC are clearly the big good guys that make marketing easier - but I'd hate to get to marine level worship. 

• Like 9

I do hope for Khornegors and Slaangors. This would be such a nice addition to Beasts of Chaos and god dedicated armies.

Probably not gonna happen though with Wrath & Rapture. Curious to see new Heralds, as there are none in plastic for Khorne (not counting Blood Throne) or Slaanesh. Who knows, maybe Arbaal the Undefeated would return, nice addition to new Flesh Hounds. Again highly unlikely as we are rather to get new characters instead of seeing old ones return.

37 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I agreed for the first part: there is no reason for GW to do 2 brand new armies of elves in 2019, not after DoK and Idoneth. 

I will be less surprised if they just put back together the biggest part of dark elves (darkling covens & order serpentis) in a battletome with as new models only Malerion and maybe one dual-kit unit and endless spells.

The same for light elves (White Lions, Phoenix Gard, Eldritch Council, Order Draconis...) in a battletome with new models for Tyrion and Teclis, 1 dual-kit and endless spells.

It would have more sense, and they can always expand those faction after, or re-imagine some units. The same way they have done with Beast of Chaos: new battletome with older faction, re-packaging of some models + 1 model (herdstone) and endless spells. I think BoC players are happy (maybe 1 or 2 models more would have been fun). 

Otherwise, it would make really A LOT of elves, where there is actually no human (barring Stormcast, who are not really 'human' anymore).

But i'm really waiting for new battleforces and Start Collecting (those namarti are expensive for a unit who is not dual kit!)

35 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

Any new Khorne Berzerkers for 40k? :/ 

Angron and Khorne Berzerkers have been rumoured for awhile now. I think GW are unsure what the best direction and release strategy for CSM is because they have some of the oldest kits in operation. Blackstone fortress is likely to contain quite a few new CSM models. 

8 minutes ago, rattila said:

I agreed for the first part: there is no reason for GW to do 2 brand new armies of elves in 2019, not after DoK and Idoneth. 

I will be less surprised if they just put back together the biggest part of dark elves (darkling covens & order serpentis) in a battletome with as new models only Malerion and maybe one dual-kit unit and endless spells.

The same for light elves (White Lions, Phoenix Gard, Eldritch Council, Order Draconis...) in a battletome with new models for Tyrion and Teclis, 1 dual-kit and endless spells.

It would have more sense, and they can always expand those faction after, or re-imagine some units. The same way they have done with Beast of Chaos: new battletome with older faction, re-packaging of some models + 1 model (herdstone) and endless spells. I think BoC players are happy (maybe 1 or 2 models more would have been fun). 

Otherwise, it would make really A LOT of elves, where there is actually no human (barring Stormcast, who are not really 'human' anymore).

But i'm really waiting for new battleforces and Start Collecting (those namarti are expensive for a unit who is not dual kit!)

Notice in GH17 we got loads of new allegiance abilities for older factions? Then no new ones in Gh18. However, we did see Legions of Nagash and Beasts of Chaos as two book releases that focused on existing (largely plastic) stock. LoN was incredible in the cost of development to return in sales ratio. 

I wouldn't count any order draconis, serpentis etc. into Aelf Counter. Those are leftovers, not real factions. GW couldn't just pretend they never existed and  flush them (well, maybe they could, ekhm, TK) and so they remain. Currently we have two Aelf factions : DoK and Idoneth. Making new Malerion and Tyrion Aelfs out of those leftovers would be beyond my understanding of disappointment. They just got to be all new. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zombiepiratexxx said:

My guess is the new Necromunda Delaque leader. 

Reading the flavour text, sunglasses was one of the images that popped into my head, so I think this is a good guess :D 

6 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

Hmm, these kids of posters preceded the Beasts of Chaos release. Don't want to get to excited, but...

Would be cool to see some sort of Greenskin book. Part of me thinks it would be a no due to the number of units and faction rules, but then part of me thinks about the Legions of Nagash book and it's possible. Would be cool to see if it's a bit of this and we see something about the Moonclan Grots and Spider Riders :D 

13 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

image.png.64e95c038964b25bbc4973fc0d238db6.png

Hmm, these kids of posters preceded the Beasts of Chaos release. Don't want to get to excited, but...

image.png.7f234dfd2a29e0fbbffbff9d95d6a049.png

Didn’t they do a similar poster with the skaven race.??

still waiting for that ratty release

but yeah green-things desperately need some attention.

Makes me happy to see that they might get some attention.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

2 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

And you will wait for an eternity as there are no such things as skaven. Didn't you read the posters, telling us not to worry about the child tales about mansized ratman. ?

on Greenskins: would be more than funny if Orktober turnes out to be both for Aos and 40k, with Space orcs only getting the speedfreaks box for now ^^.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Pretty sure ratmen aren't real and there just some beastmen that people mistake for ratmen. So obviously the Beasts of Chaos release has you covered there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2