The Rumour Thread

I was thinking earlier on today, if there is a chance of a LoN style Greenskinz tome, could it be possible that they'll lump all Orruks in there in one go? Ironjawz, Bonesplitterz and Greenskinz?

Although each is fairly exclusive compared to the others, I can't really think of any reason that they couldn't all be in one book, to be honest. If the LoN theme is 'all the dead stuff', it makes sense that a big book of different flavours of Orruks would just be the book containing 'all the Green stuff'.

This is my post that started this gross-out: How can that Nurgle spawn dude move around on a Bloodbowl pitch?

13 hours ago, Overread said:

It's nurgle, it probably has an army of its own maggots underneath it - or cockroaches or worms or a mix! 

Also its muscle structure is likely all over the place so it might be able to build up quite a speed bounding along like a walrus - whilst bits of it fall off and ooze and puss dribble and splurt from its various openings and sores; all to a cloud of belching festering smells that make your stomach turn! 

I thought I was guilty of Ork humor, but you win.

11 hours ago, I Ate A Bug said:

I never thought I'd say this, but I hope the tip if it's 'tail' is an over stretched ****** on the end of a massive herniated colon. 

I just like the idea thematically is all.

I'm not weird!

You are however a strong contender, both for your post and for your user name.

I think I'll skip dinner tonight.

Edited by MacDuff

We got this year the malign portens Champaign and with it the four guys: a sachrosant SCE, a nighthaunt dude, darkoath and fungoid goblin... 

The campaign started early this year I think and now we have nighthaunt, SCE sachrosant and rumours of goblins and darkoath.

As next year maybe we have a new campaign with new heroes... is it possible to have before December those two new army's?? I wanna believe it's possible... 

• Haha 1

We know that Beasts of Chaos are in September and October swings back to Orks for 40K as the big release. There's also Genestealers lurking somewhere for a release this year as well. After that the only other near certain is a Slaanesh release in the new year (based on the advancing AoS story and on the fact that the last 3 years we've had a big new year Chaos release and Slaanesh is about time to get a turn).

Otherwise everything else is up in the air with random rumours. Grots are strongly rumoured, but not even a real hint for them yet from GW. We know there are two more unique Aelf factions to come at some point and we have a strong feeling that we'll at least see a few more armies tidied up like Beasts of Chaos are (eg Skaven). 

It actually looks rather hopeful that this time next year we could have a very complete series of organised armies for AoS 

• Like 2

I'm hoping we'll hear something about Grots in late October/early November for an end of November release. Might not happen since the Khorne and Slaanesh box might be coming out around then but, I mean business wise I think it would be a good idea to get that out before christmas.

Ah yes true there is the Khorn and Slaanesh boxed set - and we don't even know yet if that is going to contain anything new for either faction. Though there are strong hopes for at least one new model for Slaanesh - and if it follows Forgebane then it might have new kits for both (plastic Slaanesh fiends and khorn hounds?!)

GW has teased it strongly already so I don't think it will be after Christmas - their line up is so chock full they don't need to tease more than a few months ahead for most things that are not Sisters of Battle. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BobbyB said:

Weirdly Harry and Hastings have both mentioned Skaven models a long time ago so you would think that would mean models exist, and unless they've decided to scrap everything that a battletome would be a good time to release them, but who knows

Problem is it’d hard to determine what this means anymore. Maybe they saw Shadespire models and it isn’t an army release...

Here’s hoping we do though, I want to see so many of the “Old World”armies get some attention but Skaven would be one of my top picks.

• Like 1

Although I would be really happy for skaven btome, I would be really disappointed if there's no new models. Skyre stuff is mostly metal models and stuff that isn't easily accessible (isle of blood stuff), moulder rat ogres are old and lame, pestilens stuff is fine but eshin stuff is super outdated and there's not a lot of it to begin with. It would also be cool to get some brand new stuff (I want skyre battle mechs).

• Like 1

There's waaaay too much potential for crazy Skaven tech for them to ignore significant reinvention. Those cunning  rats turn KO gadgetry up to 11. There's also a lot of built up demand, just like SoB. When the Skaven Battletome comes, I foresee a big model release. 

• Like 1

Man, I'm really hoping moonclan is over quickly and we get to Darkoath. Is there an aproximate releasedate rumor?

Slaneesh is something I'd look into, too. Not so much for AoS, but rather for emperor's children in 40 k.

Shadowelves of course....but that'll take a while I guess.

Unlikely as that is a Warhammer Chronicles release and thus focused on the old world. GW have been steadily taking many of the stories and short stories and putting them into collected editions on the BL website in digital and print form. The Dwarves just got one released yesterday. So it won't coincide with any AoS release -  the closest might be a "cast on demand" series of models if anything.

3 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

Some are starting to doubt there will be a moonclan release other than the shadespire one. 

Yeah, and lots of ppl said only the black coach was going to get a new model right before the biggest new model range yet released for Nighthaunt, so I wouldn't be too down about that...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

On the topic of AOS rumors..

A while back maybe it was before last Warhammer fest there was some rumors about a second set of Azyrite ruins. Whatever happend to that? Or did I mistake something.. Can’t really remember how it was. 

I think they’re due out Christmas. It was a White Dwarf leak if I remember right.  Usual out-of-focus photos so there is always a chance it was fake.