The Rumour Thread

20 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

I agree. Those attendants look like they walked out of the Ecclissarchy.

Imho they fit in perfectly with Cities humans, especially Zenestra's palanquin carriers. A bit more ornate, but that's fitting for Stormcast guidance counselors.

Edited by Asbestress
  • Like 7

34 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I just don't like their attendants. I'd love to keep 40K as much it's own thing as possible. Those attendants are 150% 40k nonsense.

the irony being that 40k just copied a bunch of usually-fantasy tropes like squires to plop into scifi...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I like the new SCE dudes. They are kinda overblown, but I like to think of SCE as symbols as much as Sigmars drop bombs. 
So all that iconography, that symbolism made to inspire downtrodden order guys seems fitting - and under that aspect I like them quite a bit.

Did anything actually happen with Azazel in the ETs? Or was he another character that GW forgot about?

Also would love to see him added. I know some aren't fans of the amount GW leans on old characters in AoS but I love seeing remastered characters when they make sense, and a Daemon Prince would definitely have survived into AoS.

56 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I just don't like their attendants. I'd love to keep 40K as much it's own thing as possible. Those attendants are 150% 40k nonsense.

Their purpose also doesn't match their aesthetic. They're supposed to remind the SC of their humanity, but they just look like monks draped in bible passages. They should be holding trinkets, pets, or themselves be recognizable elements of the SC's life. Like what if one of the memorians was just their kid? It would be more impactful and drive home the cost of their affliction.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Did anything actually happen with Azazel in the ETs? Or was he another character that GW forgot about?

Also would love to see him added. I know some aren't fans of the amount GW leans on old characters in AoS but I love seeing remastered characters when they make sense, and a Daemon Prince would definitely have survived into AoS.

He got bonked back into the warp by Sigmar/ Karl Franz during the End time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

Agreed. It’s just a bridge too far…

IMG_0829.jpeg.b4c02af9008da239d5b402554c627104.jpeg

I really don't like the parchment on them. That's very much a space marine visual cue for me and I don't like it.

The stormcast I've seen so far I genuinely dislike and to date, liked everything from 2.0 and 3.0. the new libs, these from today, hard pass.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

If anything, this guy looks like a fantasy miniature. Not the other way around. 

Yeah it really weirds me out that people are calling shenanigans on a monastic order of angelic paladins when they are okay with an order of angelic(themed) paladins in space? Warhammer fans really seem to have their generic tropes and schemes inverted. 

Next you will see someone call foul on AOS having Goblins which are clearly a science fiction concept. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

the irony being that 40k just copied a bunch of usually-fantasy tropes like squires to plop into scifi...

I think that is why it works because it isn't you typical sci-fi setting with sleek armour and energy weapons.

The writing was on the wall with the changes to Imperial Guard, errm I mean, CoS. I bet they're thinking since Space Marines are successful they gotta space marine it up with new grimdark SCE. Hence the "Sigmar lied" trailer and announcing the ruination chamber. 

Doesn't have to be all bad since it is something you can work with, i.e. both the struggle to remain human and also include those who are too far gone. Gives the setting some very real stakes for the immortal warriors of the god-emperor, darn it, I mean Sigmar. :D

26 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The DA aesthetic is knights in space so that makes sense.

Edited by pnkdth

20 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

So does his chapter, but still… they (and Black Templars, I guess) were here first and it’s a bold move to approach this design territory with “totally-not-SM” AoS faction.

I always see it as the other way around. These are common sights in different fantasy settings and in some cases from our own history. Fantasy also came before 40k and these styles then went in to 40k as well. We see it a lot more in 40k nowadays because one of the main factors in 40k is how overly religious the Imperium is to the point of detriment that has encompassed their entire society, but that does not mean it is not something that can't be in fantasy/ AoS as a result just because we see it a lot in the space version.

AoS has a lot more variation when it comes to religious design becuase of the larger pantheon that is allowed to be worshipped by the different peoples and at the end of the day when Sigmar is a God King then we are going to have fhis ollowers that we want to be able to be instantly recognised as priests.

39 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I think you just made me realize why I like that mini more than other 40K minis.