The Rumour Thread

"Having overseen the Anvil of Apotheosis – where the souls of dead Stormcast Eternals are reforged to life, the Lord-Arcanums heal their fellow warriors and return them to battle nigh-instantly."

Stormcast summoning?  Maybe each army will have a way to return/summon models

7 minutes ago, kuroyume said:

Along with the Wizard. He is pretty good, great to have on the backline protecting your other Wizards/Priests/Shooters

Not sure, as if you read the wording, it presumably affects ALL units within 3" (no exclusions or specifications), so you don't want it near any of your units! 

Edited by FractalRain

3 minutes ago, FractalRain said:

Not sure, as if you read the wording, it presumably affects ALL units within 3" (no exclusions or specifications), so you don't want it near any of your units! 

3" is not a lot. He's not suppsed to b right there with them, rather he wants to run interference, using his spell to make chargers fail and softening them up, and then eventually exploding to take out or soften significantly an important charge.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, kuroyume said:

Along with the Wizard. He is pretty good, great to have on the backline protecting your other Wizards/Priests/Shooters

Yes, the Wizard would take 3 mortal wounds if she smashed all the flasks - my post was a bit satirical, but that is a very powerful ability, especially when you consider the level of access Sigmar has to mortal wounds in the first place, and that this attack is performed out of sequence, even if she is charged, she can perform this attack before any charging unit fights. 

Edited by lolwut

3 minutes ago, lolwut said:

Yes, the Wizard would take 3 mortal wounds if he smashed all the flasks - my post was a bit satirical, but that is a very powerful ability, especially when you consider the level of access Sigmar has to mortal wounds in the first place, and that this attack is performed out of sequence, even if he is charged, he can perform this attack before any charging unit fights. 

Oh for sure, I agree he's pretty strong, I was just adding to the joke.

12 minutes ago, kuroyume said:

3" is not a lot. He's not suppsed to b right there with them, rather he wants to run interference, using his spell to make chargers fail and softening them up, and then eventually exploding to take out or soften significantly an important charge.

She.

3 minutes ago, BURF1 said:

She.

This correction is unnecessary, as stated before the knight incantor will have 2 versions, one male and one female.

Why does the internet have so much people like you? Maybe he used "he" because english is not is first language, or maybe he wrote that hastly, or whater.

• Like 12
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Cinncinnatus said:

So with the new starter set coming out, what does everyone think will happen to the Lord-Relictor? That model hasn't been re-released in a clam pack yet, so possible new release, or just flat out discontinued?

Hopefully it get a redesign.  It's pretty silly looking imo, has some neat and unique features though.

5 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Hopefully it get a redesign.  It's pretty silly looking imo, has some neat and unique features though.

@PJetski yeah I think it was at Malign Portents launch, speculations based on a live with Phil Kelly. I guess it was wrong.

It's quite funny, because the very first mention of the "Soul Wars" was in the very first Stormcast Battletome in 2015, in the Lord-Relictors entry (it was called the "Spirit Wars" IIRC). 

I was a bit sad they removed this paragraph in the updated SCE BT for the L-R, as I really liked this bit of the background, but instead GW just made the next AOS chapter about it so now I'm fine ??

Edited by HorticulusTGA

3 hours ago, Killax said:

I dont believe this is the Keeper of Secrets as I expect more detail on those claws.

I do believe we are looking at the new Fiend of Slaanesh here. The new Beast of Nurgle was also one of who's pieces they revealed first.

Fingers crossed that the new Fiends are not as much of a let down as the new Beasts.  I'm still not over that one (though I did save over $200 I was going to spend on Beasts, so not a big loss I suppose).

• Like 1

It sounds like the Sequitors might be some form of battleline. If they are, I suspect they won't be universal battleline, but I wonder if they'd be more likely to be Stormcast only battleline like liberators, or require a specific general like the Vanguard Hunters.

2 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Fingers crossed that the new Fiends are not as much of a let down as the new Beasts.  I'm still not over that one (though I did save over $200 I was going to spend on Beasts, so not a big loss I suppose).

Yeah I think they will fill a more important role. 

Having said that I expect the BoN to be cheaper one day also. Like the Khorgorath. Wont mean it sees a ton of play but becomes easier to just throw in for fun and tricks.

7 minutes ago, nine7six said:

anyone think that the rule allowing charging units to always go first in combat phase will come to Aos?

They could add it, but I don't want a full combat phase overhaul.  Comparing the close combat phases of both games, the one feature that stands out that I like the most is how in Age of Sigmar anyone within 3" can pile in and make attacks - even if it is not their own turn.  That one single thing is huge and really means that you have a lot of tactical depth for combat due to how you position units to support one another.  I think that 40k would benefit from gaining that mechanic and I do not want to see it removed from Age of Sigmar.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, nine7six said:

anyone think that the rule allowing charging units to always go first in combat phase will come to Aos?

Please no.

Would be terrible with current double turn and would render the I-go-you-go system (which I rather enjoy) pretty much useless.

It's probably one of the top 5 rules I despise about the current 40k ruleset.

(and can we stop suggesting AgeOf40k)

• Like 6