The Rumour Thread

Now THAT's what I'm talking about.  Still kinda weird it's 4x4, but as I've said before I feel 4x4 can work well for smaller, faster paced games with lower points levels so I don't have a real issue with that other than most people will be mad it's not 6x4 :P 

Edited by wayniac

So I have been told today that new dwarves might be coming this year. This comes from an employee (not design team though) who told me that the earlier rumours were not quite unsubstantiated. No more info than that. Keep in mind that as most GW people, this guy is very passionate about the hobby so he could be just believing his desires. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Veterannoob said:

I'm usually not so bad at forum acronyms but what's GSC?

Genestealer Cults

It would be weird to be in between since the next WD's cover is Prospero and I didn't see a mention of anything about Duradin on it either.

Maybe after Prospero, but then that is so close to the usual Christmas type sales.

Edited by daedalus81

In order to be made in finecast, a metal model would need a new master mold - it's one of the things GW learned when they initially went over to finecast which is why a lot of that initial wave of models were really bad!  It's also quicker to 3d sculpt a new model than 3d scan and tidy it up (unless they have some new voodoo to improve this).

However this rumour would tie into the fact that most of the old LotR and Hobbit models are being brought back in their original material so it's plausible they're expanding this for other models too.  This said I don't know how much work converting a metal model to FW resin would be so it's possible this may be a new route for some?

They really don't need wizardry or magic to make this work. They just setup a catalogue that people can 'request' a rerun of minis from.

Once a mini or box of minis hits a 'costs covered and profits generated' threshold they can use their existing production means to do a release.

Then they hope that everyone who said they would buy actually buys. That'd be the fly in the ointment.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Turgol said:

So I have been told today that new dwarves might be coming this year. This comes from an employee (not design team though) who told me that the earlier rumours were not quite unsubstantiated. No more info than that. Keep in mind that as most GW people, this guy is very passionate about the hobby so he could be just believing his desires. 

This is a tremendous news. I'm very delighted to hear that. I was a little worried due to lack of news for AoS and that was something I was waiting for. If you can tell anything else please do. :) Dwarfs you mean steamhead or regular?

2 hours ago, Arkiham said:

just had my local games workshop confirm made to order items. 

I still cannot believe it to be true - It would be absolutely crazy (good!) if GW opened up to order from their entire back catalog. If it should turn out to be true, it'll be very interesting to see how old stuff you can order.

This would be the best thing next to reopening their old bits service from the mailorder trolls!

• Like 1