The Rumour Thread

17 minutes ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

It could also be that they want to keep the door open for Gitmob and therefore test some different design and see what is liked. Might be a Warcry/underworld warband in the pipe. 

The problem for me that don't have any sentimental memories of Gitmob is that if they release Gitmob separately it will be another orc/goblin-faction instead of a new take on what destruction could be which is a bit sad.

They could do something different with Gitmob though. Give the wyverns back to destruction, add all kinds of crazy creatures and warmachines. I wont mind another grot army. Many races have multiple armies. How many Aelves do we have now? Orruks have 3 in the same tome but Gitz has been only Moonclan/Spiderfang for a while now. And at least 2 others exist in the lore that we know of.

I dont think there has been mention of what could potentially be a new destruction faction. It would have to come out of nowhere like Kragnos if they do. 

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 4

@Gitzdee

That would be great but if all orruks are souped together I couldn't see them splitting up grots. Its not like we're aelves or something. 😜

I'm on board with your idea %100 percent though!🤘

Also, a fair number of fans keep suggesting Grom. I say keep the old in the old world and let new characters take the stage. 

Battletome Glareface Snazzlegitz. 🤔... I like it. 

@Boingrot Bouncer

Snazzlegitz (I really like saying that now) could have multiple factions like gloomspite has, gitmob and grotbag. Gitmob is what we know and love, Grotbag could be sky pirate Kharadon equivalents. Everyone knows goblin steam punkery is the best kind there is. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 5

47 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Also, a fair number of fans keep suggesting Grom. I say keep the old in the old world and let new characters take the stage. 

Whilst I usually agree with this sentiment, if Eltharion gets to be a spirit possessed suit of armour then it is only just that so should Grom. I demand a moth eaten chain shirt, topped with a horned hat, wielding a huge two handed axe, all possessed by a green spiritual light: the light of Grom! To do otherwise would be truly cruel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Alright, so I am a bit late to the preview reaction party, but I'll share my opinions anyway, bcause I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED! GW truly delivered with this one for me and I think things are looking really good for AoS.

40k: I sleep. It just doesn't do it for me, but that's probably for the best, I wouldn't be able to afford playing two GW systems at once lol. The drednought is cool but really similar to all the other ones, and the rocket launchers on those marines are too silly for me. Oh and there's a lieutenant. Who would've guessed lol

AoS: Dreams really do come true. I am glad I held off on buying the old slaan, the new one is amazing and 100x better. The kit is deailed, has options, what more could one want. It'll also take me a hundred years to paint, but that's a minor problem. The saurus are incredible, finally on par with their depiction in Total War and artworks. The mask on the unit leader especially does it for me, together with their weapons ot makes them look so mysterious and alien, like they're supposed to. The vavalry is great too, I love skinks and as a dino nerd I'm very happy to see feathers. I don't like the way they painted the eyes on the dinos, but that's my only complaint and an easy one to fix. Kinda wish all this released a bit earlier, but at the same time it gives me time to reduce my backlog and prepare funds for buying the eventual army box that I'm 99% will come out. As for the other half of the seraphon release, I agree with everything others said. Other than the obvious refreshes I want and believe in a sauropod-like big dino. 

Warcry: it's the type of box that I'll happily see others paint up, but won't be getting myself. It's nice seeing vampires with a completely new vibe compared to mainline SBG, even if I don't love the way they look. Other than the werewolf thing, it's beautiful and I wish I could get it seperately. The khorne dudes are mire meh to me, a bit too generic khorne. I see what they were going for with them, but imo they could've leaned into the flesh hound thing even more. I wish they allhad those masks, they're awesome.

Underworlds: I wanted Malerion lol. I mean, it was an unrealistic wish, but still. Nonetheless, those are cool and I'm enjoying the DoK leaning further into the whole gladitorial thing

Kill team: the cop guys are awesome looking, if I played kill team I'd probBly get them. The DEldar look to similar to the basic unit imo.

In conclusion: sorry for the extremely long post 😅 that's what a new seraphon wave does to a lizard fan

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 3

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

They could do something different with Gitmob though. Give the wyverns back to destruction, add all kinds of crazy creatures and warmachines. I wont mind another grot army. Many races have multiple armies. How many Aelves do we have now? Orruks have 3 in the same tome but Gitz has been only Moonclan/Spiderfang for a while now. And at least 2 others exist in the lore that we know of.

I dont think there has been mention of what could potentially be a new destruction faction. It would have to come out of nowhere like Kragnos if they do. 

It's true that there are a lot of aelves factions, so if they could make the Gitmob feels very different in lore/looks like the aelves are it could work.

But with all the freedom of the mortals realm it would be possible to construct a new destruction force that have a total new feel to it and for me it would feel like a missed opportunity to not do something totally outside of the current design space.

Perhaps make it a force of nature with different elementals, animalistic beasts (although not to similar the current beast faction) etc. Lumineth may have it's elemental temples but this would be the uncontrolled destructive hateful image of the same elements.

• Like 1

It's great to see the community buzzing after this reveal. It's looking like it will be a good year for AoS despite 10th edition. I wonder though if @Whitefang might be slipping a bit. Still no sign of the next incarnate or any Flesh Eater courts aside from the boxing day mini. 

I really hope we get a solid wave of minis for them this year as well as it would leave next spring open for something all new. I expect to see Chaos Duardin but would love an all new destruction faction to see off the era of the beast in style. 

The most curious thing about this preview was the desicion to just skip all the spring battletomes. Presumably they are all getting at least a hero. We still don't officially know what the next battletome is. Maybe they didn't want to steal the thunder of the Gloomspite and BoC. It's only two months until Adepticon but I would have thought they would announce the next battletome before then. Maybe we will have have a week that isn't just NecroMonday.

As for the box sets, The video really did look like a box set preview which perhaps explains the Spring/Summer mixup. Box set in late Spring and full release in Summer. It means that we are highly likely to see the full range at Adepticon. 

I'm also very curious about the last Warcry box. From the title Nightmare Quest, I would have guessed Death for that box, but if we follow the pattern we are getting Slaanesh Vs Destruction. The name of the other boxes have been rather on the nose so it's a puzzling release to figure out. More questing  Gitz Vs Slaanesh who are  REALLY into horror movies?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

It's true that there are a lot of aelves factions, so if they could make the Gitmob feels very different in lore/looks like the aelves are it could work.

But with all the freedom of the mortals realm it would be possible to construct a new destruction force that have a total new feel to it and for me it would feel like a missed opportunity to not do something totally outside of the current design space.

Perhaps make it a force of nature with different elementals, animalistic beasts (although not to similar the current beast faction) etc. Lumineth may have it's elemental temples but this would be the uncontrolled destructive hateful image of the same elements.

I guess i want both. I want Gitmob because they already released 2 kits for them and now i want the whole thing XD.

I do also agree that there is space for a completely new force. In my mind destruction isnt related to being hatefull in the first place, i think chaos got that part covered, i think its more of an untamed force. Orruks have to many steroids, gitz want to be your worst nightmare, troggoths dont want to be bothered, ogors are hangry etc. I think Silent People would be perfect for us. Ancient insectoids waking up and going nuts and dont give a damn about who thinks what. Kind of like the AoS equivalent of Nids.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2

I would love a Grotbag army as a sort of anti-Kharadron air faction. To me, the more armies the better. It allows every faction to truly be balanced separately with much better internal balance, and really lets every faction shine and have their own identity. Nothing also needs to be nerfed because it is too strong when taken by another faction in soup. Also, in a soup book like orruks, Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz really got the short end of the stick with 2 editions of 'youre with this other faction now, so that's your new thing for the edition, you're not getting actual models for your faction'.

Optional soup rules aren't bad though, like legion of the first prince, as long as the factions included still have their own battletomes and aren't balanced around the soup.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Chikout said:

...From the title Nightmare Quest, I would have guessed Death for that box, but if we follow the pattern we are getting Slaanesh Vs Destruction. The name of the other boxes have been rather on the nose so it's a puzzling release to figure out. More questing  Gitz Vs Slaanesh who are  REALLY into horror movies?

I'm going to probably get annoying, but I'll keep mentioning that Slaanesh (while 100% fitting the pattern, and being my favourite of the Chaos factions so something that I'd really like to see) are not a lock. Specifically, the Gnarlwood map has four areas highlighted: Skinslough Fen (Nurgle), The Wyrdlights (Tzeentch), Bloodmad Ravage (Khorne), and The Tainted Wound (Undivided) which the fluff in the core book says is where the Beastmen have been concentrating.

From the Warcry core book: Amidst the great festering abscess known as the Tainted Wound, the Beasts of Chaos gather, erecting their foul herdstones and partaking in degenerate festivals of violence, often involving the ritual sacrifice and consumption of prisoners. These primal worshippers of Chaos believe the Gnarlwood to be sacred ground, the burial place of an ancient, mutant entity they call Soulshrieker. 

Alternatively, from the (soon to be old) BoC battletome: By [the Bray-Shamans] steering the stampedes of their beastherds towards nodes of warping energy, they seek to tear open rents between the Chaos and Mortal Realms, for they believe that when all of existance is reduced to anarchy, Morghur will be made manifest. 

//

5 hours ago, GenericEdgyName said:

... I see what they were going for with them, but imo they could've leaned into the flesh hound thing even more. I wish they all had those masks, they're awesome...

It does appear that there are options for the main three at least, comparing the video to the pictures:KhorneFive.jpg.97c597d724fabebc072adf9559dc3dd2.jpg

Edited by LordSolarMach
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

I saw this the other day and it got me thinking.

What if a lot of the AoS releases recently are actually just stuff they've been designing for old world and releasing as it's ready. 

I mean, it's not just the seraphon stuff. Look at all the slaves to darkness and soulblight.

Also, it could be the reason that we're getting snarlfang riders and no other gitmob. They're in the process of redesigning old world grots, but that's the only kit that's ready for now.

Screenshot_20230127-153431_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

What if a lot of the AoS releases recently are actually just stuff they've been designing for old world and releasing as it's ready. 

I mean, it's not just the seraphon stuff. Look at all the slaves to darkness and soulblight.

Also, it could be the reason that we're getting snarlfang riders and no other gitmob. They're in the process of redesigning old world grots, but that's the only kit that's ready for now.

That seems to be on a lot of people's minds, and even if GW doesn't directly sell those kits as cross-system models, people will still be free to use them in ToW (if GW indeed releases "index-type" rules for all the old factions at the onset of ToW, which I think they've already hinted at).

I know that I'm finally taking the plunge into AoS knowing that even if all of my mates go back to 40k and/or I somehow find AoS unplayable even with updated models for my first Warhammer love, I'll still have an army for ToW/oldhammer with some base swaps.

42 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Think this is wishful thinking unfortunately 

• Like 6

If those various models were for use in the Old World, the average base size in the game would probably need to shift from 20s to 40s for them to have any hope of ranking up.

(Also, a green Saurus Warrior would be nostalgia for the 5th edition starter set, I assume? I think by the time Lizardmen got their army book the poster boy colour scheme had already been switched to blue.)

Edited by LordSolarMach
  • Like 5

47 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

I doubt it. Old World had been confirmed as being Rank and Flank with square bases. Unless GW are going to be putting Chaos Warriors on 40mm square bases*, I can pretty much guarantee ranking up the new ones will be he'll on earth. There's a reason the old Chaos Warriors were posed super undynamically i.e. to slow them to rank up on 25mm square bases.

*I expect GW will introduce some new square bases sizes beyond 20mm, 25mm, 40mm and 25x50mm, but I don't think Chaos Warriors will ever live in anything larger than, say, a 32mm square base (which is a fair bit bigger than a 32mm round base)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Old World could easily be designed with slotted regimental bases in mind (ala Conquest) to allow players to use models from both systems. Do I think they'll do that?

One of the earlier WarCom articles specifically said they'd use square bases. They could change their minds I guess (I think they should), but I doubt they will.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

One of the earlier WarCom articles specifically said they'd use square bases. They could change their minds I guess (I think they should), but I doubt they will.

Technically they would still be slotted into a square (uh, rectangular) base as a whole. 

I doubt GW cares too much if people gripe their marketing wasn't forthcoming - nor will too many players - so long as it's still rank-and-file formations.

22 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

My only worry with the Seraphon release is that they, for lack of a better word, "waste" new kits on new units or replacements for heroes instead of troops. 

This is very much the same for other armies as well. People who collect fyreslayers (never played them), seem to want more units Vs another foot hero, same for idoneth, Skaven.... @Skreech Verminking can comment on that, BoC I would argue could've done with a shaggoth redo vs. A foot hero.

Just keep that tank of copium with ya for now, but at least seraphon are trending on the right place

2 hours ago, ArcLight said:

I'm not sure if I've missed someone already posting this, but reviews are starting to pop up for the Beasts of Chaos and Gitz books for those that are interested.

https://www.goonhammer.com/battletome-gloomspite-gitz-2023/

https://www.goonhammer.com/battletome-beasts-of-chaos-2023-the-goonhammer-review/

As a  mostly squig/troll player I am not disappointed of the new tome, will need to do some lists and try out in a couple of games but it seems like you could do some good lists.

However it feels like a army you need to be careful with buff ranges etc. to make it work as good as many other armies work natively and if you play really good you might be quite competitive.

1 hour ago, tkt32583 said:

@Skreech Verminking can comment o

Oh that is pretty easy.

Here is a guide.

if you have a 3d printer you’ve got yourself models that look better then more then halve of the range then that of what gw produces for the skaven. 

So pretty much soaven are a 3d printing army.

comes pretty cheap too, when you already have a 3d printer.

and even buying one probably comes cheaper

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LordSolarMach said:

I'm going to probably get annoying, but I'll keep mentioning that Slaanesh (while 100% fitting the pattern, and being my favourite of the Chaos factions so something that I'd really like to see) are not a lock. Specifically, the Gnarlwood map has four areas highlighted: Skinslough Fen (Nurgle), The Wyrdlights (Tzeentch), Bloodmad Ravage (Khorne), and The Tainted Wound (Undivided) which the fluff in the core book says is where the Beastmen have been concentrating.

From the Warcry core book: Amidst the great festering abscess known as the Tainted Wound, the Beasts of Chaos gather, erecting their foul herdstones and partaking in degenerate festivals of violence, often involving the ritual sacrifice and consumption of prisoners. These primal worshippers of Chaos believe the Gnarlwood to be sacred ground, the burial place of an ancient, mutant entity they call Soulshrieker. 

Alternatively, from the (soon to be old) BoC battletome: By [the Bray-Shamans] steering the stampedes of their beastherds towards nodes of warping energy, they seek to tear open rents between the Chaos and Mortal Realms, for they believe that when all of existance is reduced to anarchy, Morghur will be made manifest. 

//

Wait. Hold up.

Could this be the heavily rumoured BOC vs Gloomspite box? 

It was never a dual army box but a WARCRY WARBANDS BOX!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1