The Rumour Thread

15 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

How about a Fantasy MTO, GW? No? Okay I guess you can do Masters of the Chapter for the second time this year.

To be fair, Masters of the chapter probably have more lifetime sales than WHFB in general.

3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I do like to wonder sometimes, hypothetically of course, if GW didnt have Space Marines in the 10th Edition boxed set, would the fanbase actively care?

Why not Imperial Guard Vs Tyranids?

Fingers crossed for Christmas Day reveal to have some AOS and New Years Preview for COS. 

Yes they would and a large subsect of their fanbase would vocally accuse GW of hating their faction. The SM fanbase is a weird one, because most of their fans i've engaged with only care for marines and no other faction at all, iv'e even meet people who say that marines are currently in  a bad spot model wise, since not every subfaction has unique characters and units.

I know it's anecdotal, but every encounter with a SM fan seems to go the same way with the same talking points.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

Necromunda
Cawdor riders
Corpse Harvesting Party (Forgeworld)
Rex & Esmeralda (Forgeworld)

Age of Sigmar
Slaves to Darkness Full Release
Beast of Chaos - Battletome, Hero, Cards, Dices
Gloomspite Gitz - Battletome, Squigboss, Snarlfangs, Cards, Dices
Spring Order Battletome
Spring Chaos Battletome
Spring Chaos Battletome
Spring Death Battletome
Spring Death Battletome
Summer Order Battletome
General's Handbook Gallet Season 2
Abhorrant Ghoul King with Crown of Delusion

Warcry
Bloodhunt
Nightmare's Quest

Underworlds
Second warband + rival's deck

Horus Heresy
Horus Ascendant
Salamander heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Word Bearers heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Typhon Heavy Siege Tank

Warhammer 40k
Astra Militarum Full Release

Chapter approved 
World Eaters Full Release
Arks of Omen: Abaddon
Arks of Omen: Angron
Arks of Omen: Vashtorr + Vashtorr
Arks of Omen: Unknown

Blood Bowl
Nobbla
Scrappa

One week more, next Sunday will start the party again

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:
  Hide contents

Necromunda
Cawdor riders
Corpse Harvesting Party (Forgeworld)
Rex & Esmeralda (Forgeworld)

Age of Sigmar
Slaves to Darkness Full Release
Beast of Chaos - Battletome, Hero, Cards, Dices
Gloomspite Gitz - Battletome, Snarlfangs, Cards, Dices
Spring Order Battletome
Spring Chaos Battletome
Spring Chaos Battletome
Spring Death Battletome
Spring Death Battletome
Summer Order Battletome
Abhorrant Ghoul King with Crown of Delusion

Warcry
Bloodhunt
Nightmare's Quest

Underworlds
Second warband + rival's deck

Horus Heresy
Horus Ascendant
Salamander heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Typhon Heavy Siege Tank

Warhammer 40k
Astra Militarum Full Release
World Eaters Full Release
Arks of Omen: Abaddon
Arks of Omen: Angron
Arks of Omen: Vashtorr + Vashtorr
Arks of Omen: Unknown

Blood Bowl
Nobbla
Scrappa

One week more, next Sunday will start the party again

Article today said there's model reveals next week, so get ready to update your excellent list.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captaniser said:

To be fair, Masters of the chapter probably have more lifetime sales than WHFB in general.

Yes they would and a large subsect of their fanbase would vocally accuse GW of hating their faction. The SM fanbase is a weird one, because most of their fans i've engaged with only care for marines and no other faction at all, iv'e even meet people who say that marines are currently in  a bad spot model wise, since not every subfaction has unique characters and units.

I know it's anecdotal, but every encounter with a SM fan seems to go the same way with the same talking points.  

Bad spot model wise...a quick look at the webstore shows they have more kits than almost the entire 40K catalogue combined!? Id love to meet these people and question their sanity because I cannot understand the logic behind it!! Maybe all Space Marine fans are enthralled to Tzeentch..

1 hour ago, Souleater said:

@KingBrodd given the number of people I know that have multiple marine armies compared to other forces, I think GW rightly judge that they would sell a significantly lower number of boxes.

Forums like Dakka or Bolter & Chainsword go made for those boxes. The Xenos boxes have a much smaller fan base.

Oh absolutely if it werent for Space Marines we wouldnt have AOS!! I was just thinking thematically it would be interesting and help push the narrative that Space Marines arent the goodies!!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Bad spot model wise...a quick look at the webstore shows they have more kits than almost the entire 40K catalogue combined!? Id love to meet these people and question their sanity because I cannot understand the logic behind it!! Maybe all Space Marine fans are enthralled to Tzeentch..

Oh absolutely if it werent for Space Marines we wouldnt have AOS!! I was just thinking thematically it would be interesting and help push the narrative that Space Marines arent the goodies!!

They probably want all the options in their specific colour of space marine.

• Like 1

TBF I wouldn’t be surprise if the subset Marine player base of Blood Angels, Space wolves, Dark Angels, Ultramarines, and maybe even Imperial Fist are larger then any one army in AoS and probably even triple in size of some armies.

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I do like to wonder sometimes, hypothetically of course, if GW didnt have Space Marines in the 10th Edition boxed set, would the fanbase actively care?

Why not Imperial Guard Vs Tyranids?

Fingers crossed for Christmas Day reveal to have some AOS and New Years Preview for COS. 

I keep thinking of how amazing it would be for sisters to get the push for tenth. Still power armoured heroes and they are really pushing them to the fore lately. 

Sisters vs Tyranids would be such a cool and fun box!

They can even go back to Space Marines in the future but just for the 10th edition doing something special would be great!

I also think that Chaos Space Marines should be the Space Marine side of a starter set one day. Then they could feature another Imperium faction in the starter set. 

But I am inclined to believe the rumours and think it will be even more Space Marines this time fighting bugs.
I think that they are doing it as a cross promotion with the Space Marine game knowing it will bring more interest to the hobby. I have even discussed with a friend that I might be willing to split the next Starter Set and finally play my least favourite faction so he can get some bugs... but I at least came up with a paint scheme I like for them and lore wise I will 100 percent make them the villains. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I keep thinking of how amazing it would be for sisters to get the push for tenth. Still power armoured heroes and they are really pushing them to the fore lately. 

They can even go back to Space Marines in the future but just for the 10th edition doing something special would be great!

I also think that Chaos Space Marines should be the Space Marine side of a starter set one day. Then they could feature another Imperium faction in the starter set. 

But I am inclined to believe the rumours and think it will be even more Space Marines this time fighting bugs.
I think that they are doing it as a cross promotion with the Space Marine game knowing it will bring more interest to the hobby. I have even discussed with a friend that I might be willing to split the next Starter Set and finally play my least favourite faction so he can get some bugs... but I at least came up with a paint scheme I like for them and lore wise I will 100 percent make them the villains. 

And there is why marines will always feature in starter boxes; even space marine haters will buy it 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

I mean that probably also why SCE are also in every AoS starter boxset as well. 

even if people during the  pre-dominion period where moaning that “oh SCE are not that popular” “they didn’t meet GW expectation of being the next Space marine” “Lumeneath are more popular and they are in the next starter set”  and   behold it was still stormcast in the boxset.

Edited by novakai

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

And there is why marines will always feature in starter boxes; even space marine haters will buy it 🤣🤣🤣

Some times you gotta have things fall to chaos the old fashioned way... by gluing on a ton of spikes!

yFtpbfHIfkHvLTeOfgwOeuyMI_7l7-kJRYpLaSKi
But the sad truth is that it is kind of the only chance I will be able to afford a second army and i love having an additional army to play with friends. I would much prefer whatever else is in the box but my cousin who I play against most has leagues of Votann and doesn't want to double down on power armour. It is also how I have my backlog of Stormcast but I actually like those models a lot more.

Here are my nerdy photoshop mock ups for both projects. Just imagine both painted much, much worse:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
If my finances dictate my army choices I just like the idea of doing my own take on the theme. If I get my current work contract renewed then I am going to go with a different plan though 🤑

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

That is a great idea! I'd also love Votann vs Tyrranids, so the in-lore reason they were gone at first is accented.

But then I would buy Sisters, Orks, Eldar, Votann, Tau vs anyone but space marines (spicy or vanilla).

I already have 5 space marines, and variety or design isn't great enough to warrant more.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, novakai said:

TBF I wouldn’t be surprise if the subset Marine player base of Blood Angels, Space wolves, Dark Angels, Ultramarines, and maybe even Imperial Fist are larger then any one army in AoS and probably even triple in size of some armies.

So a lot of the more generic codex marine chapters aren't actually very popular at all. You can see this most recently with the RG and IF boxes still being on sale.

GW's done this huge push in recent years to make the codex chapters more of a thing but it isn't something based on already existing popularity.

SW, BA and DA do have absolutely huge fanbases but that's because they've had dedicated codex and model support for close to 30 years now.

56 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

So a lot of the more generic codex marine chapters aren't actually very popular at all. You can see this most recently with the RG and IF boxes still being on sale.

GW's done this huge push in recent years to make the codex chapters more of a thing but it isn't something based on already existing popularity.

SW, BA and DA do have absolutely huge fanbases but that's because they've had dedicated codex and model support for close to 30 years now.

I mean I argue those two particular boxes were just bad overall. I know not all marine chapter are vastly popular like Iron fist and Salamanders but specifically the big three who are armies by themselves are probably big fan bases amongst the large marine population. 

not to mention Horus Heresy was an extremely big hit last summer and that was basically pick your favorite space marine legion and go ham.

On 12/16/2022 at 4:34 PM, CommissarRotke said:

this is not directly aimed at you but I keep seeing this sentiment around the internet and I have to object.

Sapkowski has been fine with the show's changes, as he was given the scripts and visited the sets to check everything out. I feel like everyone is forgetting this, while they were praising it during season 1.

Although it's also worth remembering that Sapkowski is also a bitter old drunk, who spent the last thirty years of his life angry with the world for not being appreciated enough, and he's only really interested in how big the pay cheque is. He practically gave away the rights to CDPR, because he never believed that a video game could amount to anything and only changed his mind once they've put all the hard work in turning it into an unprecedented international success.

I wouldn't necessarily give too much attention to what he thinks on the adaptation, to be honest.

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

Eww, space marines. 

So ahhh, yeah, how about those new gitmob grots coming out soon? 🤘🐺🤘

They are most probably coming in february , together with Beast of chaos.

I doubt there is more than snarlfangs ( wolf riders)

AoS-Roadmap-2022-23.jpg