The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

i was soo happy with idk tome after the fire/idk box. everything was ok etc

then that joke book came out.... almost every aura buff dont work on ranged and or mounts, despite being a ranged/mounted heavy faction. every faction rules are total jokes( good thing is i can choose any of them with a dice since it wont have huge impact in game lol).

rituals changed to being opressive again shotting( never good thing) or buff namartis. others are useless. instead a propper table with real fun choices etc.

magic lore of idk was allready reaaaally bad with 6 spells... now is the only tome with magic with only 4 spells for whatever reason.

powerwise? they are around the same as preebook, high side of midd tier, being pretty op against shotting and not so good against others, would prefer to be okish against everything.

so yeah, would prefer to not get a tome like that, and im hope my seraphons dont get a tome for whole 3.0 since i loved 2.0 books, 3.0 books are mostly boring index books.

Warclans had lores and artefact tables with only 4 in it as well.

48 minutes ago, Mutton said:

No AoS game reveals sucks, once again, but we know Frontier (Planet Zoo studio) is working on an RTS, so we'll see it at some point.

Also Boltgun looks sick. I'll never get tired of Doom-likes.

There a possibility that the RTS is made under the Frontier Foundry tag (like the recent Chaosgate: Daemonhunter game) which are smaller game developers that are being funded by the Frontier studio. But time will tell of course. 

Edited by novakai

41 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

yes, but can take different mages, and have several lores of 4 spells, not only 4 spells in full book

But Idoneth have 6 subfactions to choose from while each Orruk faction just has three (or none at all, in case of Big Wwagh). And Idoneth have a bigger selection of stuff than each Orruk faction.

While I agree that 4 spells are quite few it's very hard to compare both tomes since one is a soup tome. 

• Confused 1

The IDK book is 1000 times better than the 1.0 one. 

Do you know how much list diversity there is considering we are one of the smallest factions model wise?

There isn't a bad unit in the book. Some are better maybe, some overcosted slightly but nothing is bad.

I'd rather have a 30% win rate with this book than a 70% one with eel spam.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

Half this event was showing off in-progress development. Why not show even CONCEPT ART of Frontier's RTS....

Because then people would have said "What, that's it? Show gameplay!" and still would have been upset. You only get one shot at a first impression. No need to squander it if they don't have to.

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

The IDK book is 1000 times better than the 1.0 one. 

Do you know how much list diversity there is considering we are one of the smallest factions model wise?

There isn't a bad unit in the book. Some are better maybe, some overcosted slightly but nothing is bad.

I'd rather have a 30% win rate with this book than a 70% one with eel spam.

I wouldn’t agree with that there quite a few sus units in IDK tome like Levadons (which is a shame sense they where good last book with BR)

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Because then people would have said "What, that's it? Show gameplay!" and still would have been upset. You only get one shot at a first impression. No need to squander it if they don't have to.

Also the release and marketing of games is often on the hands of the studio doing the game not GW. If they where not ready to reveal anything then it not going to be at the event

10 minutes ago, novakai said:

I wouldn’t agree with that there quite a few sus units in IDK tome like Levadons (which is a shame sense they where good last book with BR)

I don't think Leviadons are sus tbh. You can get a lot of mileage out of one in Nautilar and hunters of the Heartlands. They are just a bit swingy damage wise (so I have moved away) and tend to either be unkillable or very easy to deal with depending on your mortal wound output.

Anyway off topic, but I think they are viable.

4 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I don't think Leviadons are sus tbh. You can get a lot of mileage out of one in Nautilar and hunters of the Heartlands. They are just a bit swingy damage wise (so I have moved away) and tend to either be unkillable or very easy to deal with depending on your mortal wound output.

Anyway off topic, but I think they are viable.

They can’t be use in hunter in the heartland since they are behemoths, your talking about alpha beast pack battalion.

1 hour ago, novakai said:

They can’t be use in hunter in the heartland since they are behemoths, your talking about alpha beast pack battalion.

Incorrect, Nautilar Leviadons gain the Battleline role, meaning they lose the Behemoth role as per the core rules. In fact, Nautilar Leviadons can't legally go in Alpha Beast Pack for this reason. 

• Like 4

I'm pretty excited for the new Skaven book, but I'm more of a casual player. I feel I'm one of the few people that's liked the new Warscrolls so far. I also enjoy more streamlined, simplistic rules like the new screaming bell has. I never enjoyed having a ton of clan rats just surround the bell with battleshock bubble, much like how I hated playing Seraphon when they just ran skinks and combat retreated. I think having rats flee but swarm back is a more lore-centric rule. 

One thing I really want is clan pestilen to have a disease mechanic like nurgle do, but I doubt that'll happen. 

Was super suprised to see Owlcat working on a rogue trader game. Those guys know their stuff and improved a lot over kingmaker to path of the righteous most recently, so they seem a perfect fit to make a deep RPG based on rogue trader. 

Disappointed to not see any AoS, but they might be holding of on that a while yet. Would be sweet if Owlcat works with GW some more and dips into AoS next, that is precisely the type of game that could really bring the mortal realms to life and explore a lot of interesting lore.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Regarding the UK Games Expo they've not announced any previews or panels for this weekend at the moment. I'm there tomorrow so will be swinging by the Warhammer stand to see if they have anything new to display (and buy some minis) but it's not looking promising.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EonChao said:

Regarding the UK Games Expo they've not announced any previews or panels for this weekend at the moment. I'm there tomorrow so will be swinging by the Warhammer stand to see if they have anything new to display (and buy some minis) but it's not looking promising.

Ah thats unfortunate. Was hoping for the rest of the Swamp Nurgle Warband revealed or a tease of the next Underworlds Warband.

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Ah thats unfortunate. Was hoping for the rest of the Swamp Nurgle Warband revealed or a tease of the next Underworlds Warband.

It's a 4 day weekend, starting today, here in the UK, for the queen's jubilee so I doubt there will be any official preview or panels but doesn't mean they won't have stuff at the expo and it revealed in a warcom article (I doubt it will tho). 

17 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

Don't think this "reveal" could've been any more disappointing. Literally ALL 40k ******. Was there zero AOS mentioned during the livestream??????????? AOS is perfect for a CRPG and yet once again it's given to 40k.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/06/01/every-reveal-from-warhammer-skulls-2022-the-warhammer-video-games-festival/

Like seriously what is this

Age of Sigmar does not seem to have that much traction outside the world of GW miniatures (notable exception: The Soulbound RPG is really good). I think we - fans of AoS - just have to realize that the world and lore does not have that much appeal as 40k and even the Old World. Maybe this will change with time?

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Vicar in a tutu said:

Age of Sigmar does not seem to have that much traction outside the world of GW miniatures (notable exception: The Soulbound RPG is really good). I think we - fans of AoS - just have to realize that the world and lore does not have that much appeal as 40k and even the Old World. Maybe this will change with time?

I say this from the perspective of someone who LOVES AoS, and plays it weekly and attends every event I can:

The lore of AOS does not have much appeal because its bad. 

It pains me to say that. But its a hard truth :(

• Like 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Landohammer said:

I say this from the perspective of someone who LOVES AoS, and plays it weekly and attends every event I can:

The lore of AOS does not have much appeal because its bad. 

It pains me to say that. But its a hard truth :(

One of the biggest weaknesses - to me - with the lore of AoS, is the titular god - Sigmar. The emperor is very fascinating character in 40k. Especially tragic is the part where he fought for "The Imperial Truth" (atheism) and ends up sitting on the golden throne, eating psychers for breakfast and being worshipped by his Imperium as a god. I struggle to find anything interesting with Sigmar. And when Sigmar is boring, it makes his chosen warriors - the stormcast eternals - less interesting. 

One detail I find interesting is the tension between the reclaimed and azyrites:

"The Reclaimed are those human residents of the Free Cities of Sigmar descended from the tribes that resisted the taint of the Ruinous Powers and survived the Age of Chaos. Much to the chagrin of the Azyrites, many of the Reclaimed proudly hold onto their tribal traditions and pride."

"The Azyrites, are residents of the Free Cities of Sigmar who either hail from the Realm of Heavens, are descended from natives of Azyr, or can claim family ties to other Azyrites."

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Vicar in a tutu said:

One of the biggest weaknesses - to me - with the lore of AoS, is the titular god - Sigmar. The emperor is very fascinating character in 40k. Especially tragic is the part where he fought for "The Imperial Truth" (atheism) and ends up sitting on the golden throne, eating psychers for breakfast and being worshipped by his Imperium as a god. I struggle to find anything interesting with Sigmar. And when Sigmar is boring, it makes his chosen warriors - the stormcast eternals - less interesting. 

One detail I find interesting is the tension between the reclaimed and azyrites:

"The Reclaimed are those human residents of the Free Cities of Sigmar descended from the tribes that resisted the taint of the Ruinous Powers and survived the Age of Chaos. Much to the chagrin of the Azyrites, many of the Reclaimed proudly hold onto their tribal traditions and pride."

"The Azyrites, are residents of the Free Cities of Sigmar who either hail from the Realm of Heavens, are descended from natives of Azyr, or can claim family ties to other Azyrites."

You touched on the main reason for me. The 40k universe (and the old world) are/were dripping with character and feel lived in. The heroes/anti-heroes are interesting, flawed and nuanced. And there are plenty of human point of views to provide perspective and empathy.

Stormcast/Sigmar/AOS lore is mostly just about supernatural entities using magic vs other supernatural entities. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Landohammer said:

Stormcast/Sigmar/AOS lore is mostly just about supernatural entities using magic vs other supernatural entities. 

40k can be boiled down to this same exact formula... it IS Warhammer's formula. Sigmar and Stormcast are actually far more interesting than people give them credit for. You just have to read the lore at the same level that you do 40k's. They are more humanized and nuanced than Space Marines.

It comes down to who's writing what BL piece, rather than a game system. Both 40k and AOS have great books with nuance and human perspectives. They both also have books that are very much not those things.

• Like 11